Chinese Embassy in Argentina

Ambassador: Mr. Wang Wei
Address: Crisologo Larralde 5349, CAP FED. Buenos Aires 1431, Argentina
Tel: +54-11-45478100, 45478199
Fax: +54-11-45451141

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Argentina

Tel: +54-11-45478160, 10:00 - 12:00, 14:30 - 17:30 Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Office Hours:09:30-12:30, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

Visa Application 

All ordinary passport holders should apply for China Visa at the consular office of the Embassy.  Citizens holding Argentine passports are exempt from Hong Kong Visa/Entry Permit if they stay in Hong Kong for not more than 90 days.

 Diplomatic and official passport holders of Argentina are exempted from visa if staying for no more than 30 days.

Regular Visa Fee (in Argentine Peso)

Nationality / Types Fees
Argentina Single-Entry  40,170
Double-Entry 40,170
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity 40,170
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity / 10-year Validity 40,170
The US J-type 61,070
Other types except for J-type 49,550
Canana All types 19,720
Serbia All types 570
Brazil All types 33,580
Israel All types 6,720
Romania Single-Entry 20,090
Double-Entry 26,780
Multi-Entry 40,170
Panama All types 16,070
Uruguay All types 11,250
Russia Single-Entry 13,390
Double-Entry 26,780
Multi-Entry 40,170
Other Countries Single-Entry 9,330
Double-Entry 13,990
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity 18,660
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity 27,990
 Effective from Dec. 11, 2023 to Dec. 31, 2024. Expedited service is available with a surcharge. For details, please contact the consular office.

Visa Application in Argentina: How to Apply A Chinese Visa?

10-year China Visa for Argentine Citizens

The Chinese Embassy issues 10-year multiple-entry tourist L visa and business M visa for Argentine citizens. The required documents for such are basically the same as normal applications. The maximum allowed stay duration per entry of ten-year L / M type shall be 90 days and the costs is 40,170 pesos.

 Please contact Embassy of Argentina in China if Argentines are in problems there.

 Related China Embassies in South America: Bolivia, Brazil, Chile

Selected Questions and Answers:

 Asked by Mr. nicosia(argentina)
I'm in China (mainland), I have an F for bussiness, and I want to extend it for a multiple 6 moths/1 year, because I have to go through other countries for the bussinesses and come back several times here, Can I apply here for a new one (I'm in Dongguan, Guangdong right now) or should I go to the Chinese embassy in Hong Kong to apply? What is the best thing to do?,I have to come here several times in the year. Thank you

 Answered by Mrs. Britney
You should exit mainland and apply for a new F in Hong Kong.(Specificallly, the Commission of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of P.R.C in Hong Kong Administrative Office.)

  Asked by Mr. Ariel(Argentina)
I am argentinian and I would like to go to Shanghai. My real intention is a market survey because I would like to start a business there. What kind of visa I need to apply? tourist? business? May I have a six months multi entry? What are the requirements to get it? Thank you for your help

 Answered by Mr. Frank
You need to apply for a tourist L. If this is your first-time application, the consular officers may not grant you a multiple-entry. Generally, you only need to provide your passport that must be with over 6 months validity and more than two blank pages left, a truly filled Chinese application form, a passport standard photo taken recently, round-way air ticket and hotel booking for the application.

- Last updated on Feb. 08, 2024 by Gabby Li -
Questions & Answers on Chinese Embassy in Argentina
Asked by Eric from UNITED STATES | Dec. 16, 2019 08:15Reply
I will be applying for a Chinese Visa while in Argentina next week. Are the requirements different for US Citizens applying in Buenos Aires or can I expect requirements to be the same as listed on your site?
Answers (3)
Answered by Danis from ARGENTINA | Dec. 17, 2019 18:14

If you apply from Argentina, you also need to submit your residence permit or visa for Argentina.
Answered by Rebecca from USA | Dec. 18, 2019 06:31

I went to the chinese consultate in Argentina but unable to get in as I need an appointment; however, cannot figure out how to make an appointment. Also not getting through to anyone over the phone. I've emailed as well but no reply.
Answered by Danis | Dec. 18, 2019 22:29

You need to make an appointment on the official website of the embassy. I found it but it's not allowed to put a link here so you have to search for it by yourself.
Asked by Michela from SPAIN | Nov. 09, 2019 16:56Reply
Argentinian applying for business visa
Hello, I'm Argentinian and currently in Italy working. I should go to China with a business visa in order to collaborate with a Chinese company WOFE, if I apply for a multientry 6 months visa, how long will last each entry? I mean, can I stay 6 months without leaving the country or would I need to go out every X month? How long will last each entry? thanks
Answers (1)
Answered by Kate from NETHERLANDS | Nov. 10, 2019 23:27

Probably the stay duration after each entry ranges from one month to tow months. It's not very likely that you can stay for 6 months without leaving the country. It means you may need to go out every time before your allowed stay duration ends.
Asked by Elvire from FRANCE | Aug. 22, 2019 06:41Reply
Chinese visa for French in Argentina
I am French and am going to study 4 months in Argentina, then was planning on going directly to China for tourism. How can I obtain the Chinese visa in Argentina (if possible) ? Thank you
Answers (2)
Answered by Sean from UNITED KINGDOM | Aug. 22, 2019 21:13

you should make an appointment at the official website of the China embassy in Argentina and then go to the embassy to submit the needed documents.
Answered by Elvire from FRANCE | Aug. 23, 2019 04:51

Thank you for your reply
Asked by Raúl Gamba from ARGENTINA | Jun. 12, 2019 17:19Reply
Visit a friend and for tourism
My name is Raul. I am Argentinian. I am living in Japan now. I would like to know if I required to make visa procedure for visit China during less than one week. I will also visit a Chinese friend who I met here in Japan (Is his recommendation letter necessary?).
Finally, if visa application is required in my case, I could make it for mailing or I must go to Tokyo?

Best regards.
Answers (1)
Answered by Helen from USA | Jun. 12, 2019 22:58

Dear, visa application is required for you to enter China. Plus, you should apply at CVASC in Toyko in person or entrust a travel agent to do so.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)