Chinese Embassy in Brazil

Ambassador: Mr. Zhu Qingqiao
Address: Quadra 813, Lote 51, Avenue of Nations, Brasilia. DF, Brazil
Tel: +55-61-21958200
Fax: +55-61-33463299

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Brazil

Tel: Portuguese service: (55) 61-21958271, 15:00-17:00
Chinese service: (55) 61-21958280, 15:00-17:00
(55) 61-999816188 for consular protection
Office hours:
Application Submission: 9:30-12:00
Collection: 15:30-17:00

Consular Districts of the Consulates

Consulate General Consular Jurisdiction
Embassy of PRC in Brasilia Brasilia Federal District, Goias, Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul,  Ceara, Rio Grande do Norte, Paraiba, Pernambuco, Alagoas, Sergipe, Maranhao, Piaui, Acre, Amazonas, Para, Roraima, Amapa, Rondonia, Tocantins
Consulate General of PRC in Sao Paulo Sao Paulo State, Parana State, Santa Catarina, Rio Grande do Sul
Consulate General of PRC in Rio de Janeiro Rio de Janeiro, Minas Gerais, Bahia, Espirito Santo

10-Year Visa with Multiple Entries

China has granted 10-year visas for Brazilian citizens for business, travel and family visits, effective from February 19, 2024. Brazilian citizens are able to apply for the 10-year visa which allows for multiple entries with a stay of up to 90 days for a single visit.
Moreover, the expiration dates of these visas can be extended if necessary, but the total stay should be no more than 180 days during the 12 months after the first entry.

Visa Applications

All nationals of Brazil holding ordinary passports are requested to apply for a visa at the consular office of the Embassy before their travel to China, while the diplomatic and official or service passport holders can stay in China for no more than 30 days without visa application. 

To enter Hong Kong or Macau, China for less than 90 days, Brazilians are exempted from a visa.

Visa Fees (R$)

Countries Visa Fee
Brazil 475
Argentina 570
The US 700 for  J1
865 for J2
Israel 95
Uruguay 160
Canada 280
Panama 230
Other countries Single entry 130
Double entries 195
Multiple entries (6 months) 260
Multiple entries (12 months) 390

Express Service

The embassy need at least 4 business days for normal processing application.

2 working days processing R$ 130
3 working days processing R$ 90

Handling Service Fee for Application by Post/Mail

Handling Service Fee per Package/Mail Brasilia Federal District, Goias: R$ 30
Other states within the consular district: R$ 40

 Please contact Embassy of Brazil in China if Brazilians are in problems there.
 China Tour from Brasilia Brazil
 Related Chinese Embassies in South America: ChileColombia, Ecuador
- Last updated on Feb. 18, 2024 by Gabby Li -
Questions & Answers on Chinese Embassy in Brazil
Asked by Tetz from BRAZIL | Feb. 14, 2024 14:37Reply
About the process for getting 10yr Multiple Entry Visa to China (from Brazil)
Dear Sir / Mam,
According to your website, China has granted 10-year visas for Brazilian citizens for business, travel and family visits, effective from February 19, 2024. In São Paulo, the visa application process has 03 steps:
01 - Delivery of the Application Form and Documents;
02 - Get the appointment for collecting Fingerprints;
03 - Visa Issuance

My question is:
"Which step has to be on Feb 19, 2024 or later in order to be eligible for 10 year Multiple entry visa?"

Example: Can I turn in the Application Form and Documents on Feb. 16, get the appointment for collecting fingerprints on Feb.22 and get the "10 year Multiple entry visa" on Feb.28?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your support.
Answers (1)
Answered by James | Feb. 17, 2024 21:58

Generally, it should be the third step, visa issuance. However, it is better to confirm with the Chinese embassy in Brazil.
Asked by geronimonunes | May. 18, 2023 23:24Reply
Brazilian Dad and Chinese son
Dear consul, I'm Brazilian married with Chinese and have a 4 y.o boy Chinese citizen only, can travel china to Brazil and go back Brazil china only me and my son? my wife is Chinese so not sure how she can make the authorization due she has no Brazilian document.

appreciate your time
Answers (1)
Answered by Jessica | May. 22, 2023 19:13

Hi, this website is not the official website of China Embassy in Brazil but only offers some related information. Are you planning to go to China from Brazil then back? If so, you can apply for China Q visas to enter China as your wife is Chinese. You can just use your Brazilian passport to return.
Asked by Mary from BRAZIL | Feb. 10, 2021 16:08Reply
Chinese passport renewal
My Chinese friend lives in Brazil and would like to renew her Chinese passport, what are the procedures she must take please?
Answers (1)
Answered by Corey | Feb. 24, 2021 19:08

Your friend needs to first make an online appointment for renewing the passport. Then collect all necessary documents and submit them to the Chinese Embassy. For detailed information, please refer to the official website of the Chinese Embassy in Brazil.
Asked by Jocelyn from BRAZIL | Dec. 07, 2020 03:28Reply
Residence Permit Acquisition

If a Brazilian is married with a Chinese in Brazil, how can he get a residence permit from China?

Thank you!
Answers (1)
Answered by Fiona | Dec. 10, 2020 19:09

Jocelyn, he should apply for a Q1 visa first and then apply for a residence permit after entering China.
Asked by EDUARDO F OLIVEIRA from BRAZIL | Dec. 06, 2018 16:13Reply

I need more information about the new deal around the FREE TRANSIT in 144 hour and in/out.

Please, my city for entry is Beijing, and departure from Shanghai airport.


Answers (1)
Answered by Anessa from EGYPT | Dec. 06, 2018 19:40

If you want to apply for 144h twov in Beijing, you can only visit Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei. You cannot go to Shanghai for your departure flight. You should apply for a visa for that beforehand.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)