China Embassy in Mexico

 Visa Application Form of PRC

Ambassador: Mr. Qiu Xiaoqi
Address: Av. Río del la Magdalena 172, Colonia Tizapán - San Angel Delegación Alvaro Obregón, C.P. 01090

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Mexico

Address: Av. Río del la Magdalena 172, Colonia Tizapán - San Angel Delegación Alvaro Obregón, C.P. 01090
Tel: +52-55-56164324, 56164309, 56164239
Fax: +52-55-56165849
24-Hour Duty Phone:  52-1-55-20936210 (for consular protection only)
Office Hours:
For Application: 09:00-13:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
For Telephone Enquiry: 16:00-18:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Consular Districts: All territory in Mexico except Baja California, Baja California Sur, Sonora, Chihuahua

Important Notice 

1. From June 1, 2009, the Embassy has stopped to accept application for visa, Chinese passport, authentication & notarization from applicants of Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua. They need to go to the Embassy in Costa Rica to submit application. 

2. From 15th April, 2011, the Embassy has refused to accept application by mail. Applicants can go to the embassy in person to submit application, if they can't come to the embassy, they can ask a travel agency or someone else to do it on their behalf.

Fees (pay by Mexican Peso)

1. Regular Fee per Person
From 15th April, 2011, the Embassy has asked applicants to go to HSBC to pay the fee. After getting the Payment/Pick-up Receipt from Window 1 or Window 2 at the Consular Office, applicants can go to any office of HSBC to make payment.

Types Mexican Citizens American Citizens Canadian Citizens Romanian Citizens Citizens of Other Countries
Single-Entry 730 1890 1280 1090 510
Double-Entry 1090 1890 1280 1090 730
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity 1450 1890 1280 2180 1020
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity 2250 1890 1280 2180 1520

2. Expedited Service Fee
The regular processing time is 4 working days. For example, you submit application on Monday, you can pick it up on Tuesday. For urgent cases, you can apply for the expedited service. Moreover, extra money will be paid as following:

2-3 working days processing Mexican Peso 360

The required documents for applying Tourist/Family Visit (L)

1. One properly completed Application Form with one recent passport style color photo attached on it.  
2. The original passport with at least 6-month validity and one blank visa page.
3. Round-trip Air Ticket and its copy.
4. If you are not Mexican Citizens and you live in Mexico, please provide the original Mexican Resident Permit and its copy.
Note: Generally, you can't apply for Multi-Entry L, except for special cases.


Consulate-General of the PRC in Tijuana

Consul General: Mr. Wang Jian
Address: Avenue Lomas del Monte 1614. Frace. Lomas de Agua Caliente, Primera Secciòn, Tijuana, B.C. 22440, Mexico 
Tel: +52-664-6816771, 4920455, 3692647
Fax: +52-664-6219762
Office Hours: 09:00-13:00, Monday - Friday (except public holidays)
Consular Districts: Baja California, Baja California Sur, Sonora, Chihuahua 

 Important Notice
The Consulate in Tijuana has stopped to accept Chinese passport application by mail. Applicants should go to the consulate in person to submit passport application. If they can't come to the consulate to pick up the consulate, they can ask for Mail Back Service.
 Please contact Embassy of Mexico in China if Mexicans are in problems there.
 China Tour from Mexico City
 Related Chinese Embassies in North America: Trinidad and Tobago, United States of America, Antigua and Barbuda
- Last modified on May. 06, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Mexico
Asked by Valeria from MEXICO | May. 19, 2019 17:32Reply
72 hr Shangai Visit
Hello, we are a family of mexicans traveling to Shanghai only for 2 nights, do we need a visa or we can visit as transit (less than 72 hrs)? Thank you
Answers (1)
Answered by Lauv from MEXICO | May. 21, 2019 01:30

If you fly from Mexico to a third country or region via Shanghai, then you do not need a visa.
Asked by Craig Sturrock from AUSTRALIA | May. 06, 2019 22:45Reply
Mexican Citizen wanting to get business Visa for China
Hello. Im an dual citizen USA/Mexican. Ive been invited to Shanghai by a Chinese company for business and commercial activities for 3 months. They have issued me with an invitation letter for business visa (M) application. I also did study exchange in China 2 years ago and was on an X visa.

I just spoke with my visa agent and he said that I can't apply for business visa because my previous visa was X visa? Is this true?

Can anyone provide some further information on this issue?

Answers (1)
Answered by Jasmine from CANADA | May. 09, 2019 00:29

Craig, I don't know why the agent told you that but I have never heard of such saying.
Asked by Alejandro from USA | Apr. 14, 2018 22:23Reply
Mexican with US working visa living in Florida USA
I read I have to apply at the consulate in Houston for a Chinese L visa, but it looks that I have to go in person. What do you recommend? Going to Houston or Mexico City to apply and collect the visa? Can I actuall do the entire process from Florida without traveling to any of those cities?
Answers (1)
Answered by Nike from USA | Apr. 16, 2018 02:24

Hi, you should go to the consulate in Houston for applying Chinese L type, and you can find someone else to do that on your behalf if you cannot go there in person.
Asked by Brennan B from USA | Oct. 16, 2017 20:48Reply
How can I get the visa in Mexico if I’m american
I’m in Mexico for a long period but now one Mexican friend invite me to join him for a holidays to China, I’m not planning to go back to US soon, can I get the entry permit while in Mexico?
Answers (1)
Answered by Betty from GERMANY | Oct. 16, 2017 22:50

Yes, you can get it in Mexico. First, prepare your passport and copy of its data page, the application form, a passport-style photo, residence permit or valid visa in there, round trip air tickets and hotel reservation for China. Next, submit the application to Chinese embassy or consulate.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)