Chinese Embassy in Trinidad and Tobago

Ambassador: Mr. Fang Qiu
Address: 76 Long Circular Road, Maraval, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Tel: +1-868-6286417
Fax: +1-868-6227613

Consular Office

Tel: +1-868-6221832, 09:00 - 11:00, 14:00 - 16:00 for consiltation
+1-868-6871731 for consular protection
Visa Office Business Hours: 09:00-12:00, Tuesday-Friday (except holidays)

Sections of Chinese Embassy in Trinidad and Tobago

Sections Information
Political Office Tel: +1-868-6286417
Administrative Office Tel: +1-868-6229258
Consular Office Tel: +1-868-6221832
Economic & Commercial Counselor's Office Tel: +1-868-6285556
Fax: +1-868-6288020

Application Fees

Regular Visa Fee (TTD)

Types Trinidadian & Tobagonian Citizens American Citizens Canadian Citizens of Other Countries
Single-Entry with 3-month Validity 150 938 375 143
Double-Entry with 6-month Validity 225 285
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity 300 428
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity 450 855
 Available from Dec. 11, 2023 to Dec. 31, 2024.

Expedited Service Fee

The regular processing time is 4 working days. For urgent cases, the expedited service is available. Moreover, additional fees will be paid as following:
1 working day processing Ttd 190 (For Individual Applicant)
2-3 working days processing Ttd 125 (For Individual Applicant)

 Related Chinese Embassies in North America: United States of AmericaAntigua and Barbuda, the Bahamas

Selected Questions and Answers:

 Asked by Mr. Andy Soogrim
What are the requirements to obtain a visa to visit china from trindad?

 Answered by Mr. JOHNNASH(United States)
Your passport, one passport photo, fill in the application form, round-trip flight tickets and hotel reservation, financial certificate are required for Chinese tourist L application there. If for othre travel purpose, other documents will be required.

  Asked by Kim
Is a visa application required if an officer has an official passport and is traveling on invitation and expense of the Chinese government as part of the china awards programme?

 Answered by Ms. HELLOKITTY
It is not required if an officer holding an official passport and is traveling on invitation and expense of the Chinese government as part of the China awards programme.

  Asked by Mr. Richie(USA & Trinidad)
Hello, I have dual citizenship with US and Trinidad. I have been to China (2010) before with my US passport (cost of 1 year Visa $130 usd+). Is it possible to get one using my Trinidad Passport when I visit Trinidad since it is cheaper to get there? Any requirements apart from my Trinidad passport, photo and application form? 

 Answered by Mr. Alvin
Yes, you can apply in Trinidad with your Trinidad passport. For tourist L, you need to further provide a copy of Chinese hotel booking and a copy of outward and teturn flight ticket and a completely filled application form with you genuine info.

- Last updated on Jan. 24, 2024 by Gabby Li -
Questions & Answers on Chinese Embassy in Trinidad and Tobago
Asked by RABINDRANATH MAHARTAJ from TRINIDAD | Sep. 09, 2023 07:44Reply
How Can I Obtain A Visa To Go To The Canton Fair In October 2023
Answers (1)
Answered by Andrew | Sep. 11, 2023 19:30

You need to get an invitation letter first from the fair or your Chinese business partner.
Asked by Stephanie Pemberton from TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO | Mar. 03, 2023 21:22Reply
Applying outside of my country of residence
I am currently in the USA and would like to travel to China from here. Can I send my passport with a family member to get my via issued in Trinidad and Tobago? Or do I have to be physically be there?
Answers (1)
Answered by Lydon | Mar. 06, 2023 17:14

Why not apply in the US where you are in? In principle, one needs to appear for at least one time during the application.
Asked by James from TTO | Dec. 16, 2019 08:37Reply
Is the visa form filled out online or at the embassy?
Answers (1)
Answered by Helen from TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO | Dec. 16, 2019 18:10

James, you should fill out the application form online on the website of the China Online Visa Application (COVA) system.
Asked by Arun from TRINIDAD | Oct. 03, 2019 09:09Reply
Do one require tourist visa if you are in transit and not coming out of airport
Single entry visa is already obtained to visit China as a tourist but travelling to Delhi and on return passing through Beijing airport to JFK New York.
Answers (1)
Answered by Eric from ITALY | Oct. 09, 2019 19:12

Arun, if the transit in Beijing is less than 24 hours, you don't need an additional visa.
Asked by Nagis khan from FRANCE | Sep. 19, 2019 16:38Reply
Why am I being fingerprinted at the Chinese embassy?
Is it part of the background check process? Seems tedious.
Answers (1)
Answered by Vivian from FRANCE | Sep. 19, 2019 20:20

It is part of the background check process in nature. When you enter China, they will scan your passport to check your bio info including fingerprints.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)