Home / Embassy / Asia /

China Embassy in Singapore

 Visa Application Form of PRC  

Ambassador: Mr. Hong Xiaoyong
Address: 150 Tanglin Road, Singapore 247969
Email: chinaemb_sg@mfa.gov.cn

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Singapore

Tel: 65-64712117
Fax: 65-64795345
Office Hours: 
09:00 - 11:30 (application & Collection), Monday-Friday (except holidays)
09:00 - 11:30 & 15:00 - 16:00 (Collection only), Monday-Friday(except holidays)

Chinese Visa Application Service Centre (CVASC)

CVASC officially started its operation from 17th May 2010. Applicants who hold ordinary passports are required to submit their applications to the centre.  

However, applicants holding Diplomatic, Service or Official passport, or who apply for Hong Kong/Macao visa/entry permit, should still submit the application directly to the Embassy. 

 From May 20, 2015, the CVASC office in Singapore begins to provide document authentication service at a certain cost. Foreigners in need of this service should go to the CVASC instead of the embassy while Chinese applicants are still required to apply for the authentication service from the embassy.

Detailed Information about CVASC

Address: 80 Robinson Road, #16-01/02/02A, Singapore 068898
Office Hours: Monday - Friday (except public holidays)
Application Time: 09:00 - 15:00
Collection and Payment: 09:00 - 16:00
Tel: 65-67139380
Fax: 65-62260852
Email: singaporecentre@visaforchina.org

Notice: Rush service applications (the second working day collection) should be lodged to the center before 14:00 in weekdays.

Visa Exemption

1. Singapore diplomatic, service or official passport holders are exempt from a visa to Mainland China for up to 30 days.  

2. Singapore ordinary passport holders can go to Mainland without applying for visas for up to 15 days for business, sightseeing, visiting relatives and friends, or transit, however, for those who intend to stay for more than 15 days to study, work, reside or gather news, they are required to apply in advance.

3. Singapore passport holders are exempt from visa if they go to Hong Kong for less than 90 days stay, and Macao for less than 30 days. 

Main Visa Types

Types Purpose
Tourist (L) It is issued for an alien who comes to PRC for sight-seeing.
Business (M) M is issued to those who intend to visit for commercial and trade activities.
Noncommercial Vist (F) F is issued for an alien who comes to PRC for non-commercial business activities, such as research, lecture, science and technology exchange visits on invitation.
Employment/Work (Z) It is issued for applicants going to PRC for employment or work.
Student (X)

It is issued for an alien who comes to PRC for study.

Private Visit (S) It is issued to family members who intend to visit the foreigners with Z or X in PRC, or to those who intend to go to PRC for other private affairs.
Family Reunion (Q) It is issued to family members of Chinese citizens or foreigners with permanent residence in PRC.
Transit (G) It is issued for applicants going to PRC for transit to another country/region.
Hong Kong SAR & Macao SAR Visas Singaporean citizens holding valid passports are exempt from Visa/Entry Permit to Hong Kong for less than 14 days, and Macao for less than 30 days.

Fees (SGD)


Types Regular Express Rush
3-month Single Entry 85 150 195
6-month Double Entry 95 160 205
6-month Multi-Entry 105 170 215
12-month Multi-Entry 125 190 235

US citizens

Types Regular Express Rush
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 260 325 370


Types Regular Express Rush
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 165 230 275

Citizens of Other Countries

Types Regular Express Rush
3-month Single Entry 110 175 220
6-month Double Entry 135 200 245
6-month Multi-Entry 160 225 270
12-month Multi-Entry 210 275 320
1. Regular service takes 4 working days; express service takes 3 working days; rush service takes 2 working days.
2. Please pay in Cash or Debit Card (NETS & UnionPay).

2021 Holiday Schedule of the CVASC

Public Holiday Date Day
New Year's Day January 1 Friday
Chinese New Year February 12 - 16 Friday - Tuesday
Good Friday April 2 Friday
Qingming Festival April 5 Monday
International Labor Day May 3 Monday
Hari Raya Puasa May 13 Thursday
Vesak Day May 26 Wednesday
Dragon Boat Festival June 14 Monday
Hari Raya Haji July 20 Tuesday
Singapore National Day August 9 Monday
Mid-Autumn Festival September 1 Tuesday
Chinese National Day October 1 - 5 Friday - Tuesday
Deepavali November 4 Thursday
Christmas December 24 Friday

  Please contact Embassy of Singapore in China if Singaporeans are in a difficult situation there.
 China Tour from Singapore
 Other Chinese Embassies in Asia: Seoul, Korea, Colombo, Sri LankaSyria

- Last modified on Jul. 19, 2021 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Singapore
Asked by Dr. Richard Ho from SINGAPORE | Jul. 15, 2021 17:56Reply
I am graduate of Ningxia Medical University. My rental apartment is not repatriated. Can I go back ?
I left NXMU university to go home Singapore for CNY (2020) and was locked out of China by Covid-19. My apartment with my computer (and data) and certificates are not repatriated. My rental not paid. I need to go back to clean up the place and properly hand over responsibilities. How can I get visa for re-entry to China ?

I am going to Yinchuan (Ningxia Medical University)
Answers (1)
Answered by Mindy | Jul. 19, 2021 20:33

Currently, as far as I know, student visas are not issued. You can contact the Chinese embassy to see if you qualify for an emergency S visa.
Asked by Ang Hok Tiong from SINGAPORE | Jul. 14, 2021 01:20Reply
S'pore PR with a valid China Residence Permit for Private matters, what's Covid 19 req'mt to China ?
Answers (1)
Answered by Howard | Jul. 18, 2021 23:37

If the residence permit was obtained before November 2020, you need to get a new visa for China.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)