Home / Embassy / Asia /

Chinese Embassy in Syria

Ambassador: Mr. Shi Hongwei
Address: 83, Rue Ata Ayoubi, Damascus, Syria (P. O. Box 2455)
Tel: +963–11–3327968
Fax: +963-11-3338067
Email: chinaemb_sy@mfa.gov.cn

Consular Office

Tel: +963-11-3316688-840
Fax: +963-11-3338067
Email: damascus@csm.mfa.gov.cn
Office Hours: 08:30-15:00, Sunday-Thursday (except holidays)

Visa Application

Nationals of Syria require a visa to enter Mainland China. To acquire a visa for China, applicants must complete the visa application form online first and select the proper visa type based on their purpose of visit to China. The necessary documents should be provided. All the application materials should be submitted to the consular office of the Embassy in person.

Requirements for Tourist Visa

1. Completed Visa Application Form with a 48*33mm photo;
2. Original passport (passport with no less than six months validity and blank visa page) and copy of the information page with a 48*33mm photo;
3. Copy of latest visa to China, or latest resident permit in China (if applicative);
4. Copy of ID card, or valid long-term visa to Syria/resident permit in Syria (for citizens of third countries in Syria)
5. Invitation letter issued by authorized departments in China, and must be a group invitation letter;
6. Travel materials such as round-trip ticket orders and hotel orders.

Visa Fees

Regular Fee

Types Syrian Citizens Citizens of Other Countries (except American Citizens)
Single-Entry SYP 4,500 SYP 15,000
Double-Entry SYP 7,500 SYP 22,500
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity SYP 9,000 SYP 30,000
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity SYP 13,500 SYP 45,000
1. The fees above are effective from Dec. 11, 2023 to Dec. 31, 2024.
2. Normally the express service is not available.

 Please contact Embassy of Syria in China if Syrians are in troubles there.

 Related Chinese Embassies in Asia: Republic of TajikistanThailand, Timor-Leste

 Selected Questions and Answers:

 Asked by Mrs. Fatema
Hi, i want to have a business trip. What paper you need for visa? only invitation is enough.

 Answered by Ms. Elsa
Besides invitation letter, a passport (with a minimum validity period of 6 months and at least one blank page left in it) and a duly filled application form with a passport style photo affixed are required for your application.

  Asked by Mr. Ezat
Dear Sir / Madame, I am working in the U.A.E. I would like to visit China. Do I have to apply in Dubai or in Damascus? Thank you

 Answered by Mr. Stewart
Since you are currently working in UAE, it is convenient for you to apply in Dubai without going back to your home country.

  Asked by Mr. Ahmed 
Dear sir, I want to stay about 6 months there. so what kind of Visa have to apply ? and i want it with multi-entry. pls tell me the procedures and what does it need ?

 Answered by Ms. Henin
Mr Ahmed, a stay of 6 months? There is no such a long duration of stay. What is your purpose of visit? The solution is to apply for a residence permit after entry.

- Last updated on Mar. 01, 2024 by Gabby Li -
Questions & Answers on Chinese Embassy in Syria
Asked by Mhd Samer from SYRIA | Jan. 07, 2024 11:22Reply
chinese embassy in syria
I'm trying to registration for csc scholarship in china ,I need the agency number of chinese embassy in syria,they didn't rplyied for my masseges and phone called, what should i do?To get agency number?
Answers (1)
Answered by Anne | Jan. 07, 2024 19:47

It should be 7602.
Asked by Mahmoud from SYRIA | Jul. 14, 2023 05:19Reply
get the visa
I get an invitation from a company in china and need to get the visa what documents do I need beside the invitation
Answers (1)
Answered by Victor | Jul. 16, 2023 23:40

I assumed you plan to apply for a business visa (M visa). Then you should prepare the following documents:
1. Applicant's business license in Syria.
2. Invitation letters such as business activity documents and trade fair invitations issued by trade partners in China. If the inviting party is a domestic registered company, a copy of the business license must be provided.
3. Invitation Letter (PU), Invitation Letter (TE) or Invitation Verification Form issued by authorized units in China.
Asked by Torki from SYRIA | Jun. 03, 2023 22:09Reply
Visa requirement
Good morning
Base on old chines visa can I get a new visit visa ? Or I need a new invitation letter again?
Answers (1)
Answered by Austin | Jun. 05, 2023 02:31

You do need a new invitation letter to apply for a new visa.
Asked by Saja from SYRIA | May. 07, 2021 02:06Reply
Chinese embassy opening time
When the chinese embassy in Syria will open again?
And do you have any news about the chinese vaccine in Syria?!
Answers (1)
Answered by Leo | May. 10, 2021 02:24

It's still unknown when the Chinese embassy in Syria will reopen.

The first batch of Chinese vaccine has arrived in Damascus on the past April 24.

Asked by Mohammed from SYRIA | Mar. 14, 2021 06:36Reply
I want to apply to Chinese government scholarship
I want to apply to Chinese government scholarship. I'm Syrian, but live in Saudi Arabia. Can I apply to embassy in Saudi Arabia. If I can, I need agency number for that
Answers (1)
Answered by Ross | Mar. 22, 2021 00:42

If you have valid residence permit in Saudi Arabia, you can apply for China visa and government scholarship from the embassy there. As for the agency number, please contact the Chinese embassy directly.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)