Home / Embassy / Asia /

China Embassy in Thailand

 Visa Application Form of PRC 

Ambassador: Mr. Ning Fukui
Address: 57 Ratchadaphisek Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Tel: +66-2-2450088
Fax: +66-2-2468247
Working Hours: 09:00-17:00, Monday - Friday

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Thailand

Address: 55 AA Building 2nd fl. Ratchadaphisek Soi3,Bangkok 10400,Thailand
Tel: 0066-2-2450888
Fax: 0066-2-2472214
Application Submission: 09:00 - 12:00, Monday - Friday
Payment and Collection: 15:00 - 16:00, Monday - Friday

For Consular Protection 
Tel: 0066-854833327 (24 hour); 0066-2-2457010 (09:00-17:00, working day)

Consular Districts: Except for the consular districts of Chinese consulates in Chiangmai, Songkhla 

 Consular Districts of the Consulates

Consulate General Consular Jurisdiction
The Consulate General in Chiang Mai Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lampang, Lamphun, Nan, Uttaradit, Tak, Phitsanulok, Sukhothai, Phayao, Phrae, Mae Hong Son
The Consulate General in Songkhla Chumphon, Ranong, Surat thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phangnga, Phuket, Krabi, Trang, Phat thalung, Songkhla, Satun, Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat

Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC)

From September 29th, 2015, the Center is responsible for receiving applications of ordinary passport holders for visiting mainland China. Postal service for applications is currently not available. Online appointment is not mandatory but strongly recommended.

Applicants holding Diplomatic, Service or Official passport, or who apply for Hong Kong/Macao visa/entry permit, should still submit the application directly to the Embassy.

Meanwhile, the CVASC office in Thailand provides document authentication service at a certain cost. Foreigners in need of this service should go to the CVASC instead of the embassy while Chinese applicants are still required to apply for the authentication service from the embassy.

Detailed Information for CVASC

Address: 5 Floor, 1550 Thanapoom Tower, New Petchaburi Road, Makkasan, Bangkok, 10400
Tel: +66-22075999
Fax: +66-20075977
Business Hours: Monday - Friday
Submission: 09:00 -15:00 (rush applications should be submitted before 11:00.)
Collection and Payment: 09:00 -16:00 (rush applications should be picked up after 15:30 on the same day of submission)

The required documents for applying Tourist Visa (L)

1. The original passport with at least one blank page and at least 6-month validity.
2. One properly completed Application Form. 
3. One recent passport photo attached on the Application Form.
4. Documents showing the itinerary including air ticket booking record (round trip) and proof of a hotel reservation, etc. or an invitation letter issued by a relevant entity or individual in China. Read the detailed requirements about the Invitation Letter. Other supporting and supplementary documents may also be needed by the consular officer when necessary. 
5. Foreign citizens should provide valid Thai visa or residence permit or other documents to prove their legal status.

1. Thai Citizens holding valid passports are exempt from Hong Kong Visa/Entry Permit if they enter Hong Kong for sightseeing, visiting relatives, business or taking part in conferences and they stay in Hong Kong for less than 30 days.
2. Thai Citizens are exempt from Macao Visa/Entry Permit for up to 30 days. 

Fees (in THB)


Types Regular Express Rush
3-month Single Entry 1,500 2,550 3,150
6-month Double Entry 2,500 3,550 4,150
6-month Multi-Entry 3,500 4,550 5,150
12-month Multi-Entry 5,000 6,050 6,650
US citizens
Types Regular Express Rush
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 5,060 6,110 6,710

Types Regular Express Rush
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 3,100 4,150 4,750

Citizens of Other Countries
Types Regular Express Rush
3-month Single Entry 1,600 2,650 3,250
6-month Double Entry 2,150 3,200 3,800
6-month Multi-Entry 2,700 3,750 4,350
12-month Multi-Entry 3,800 4,850 5,450

1. The regular processing time is 4 working days; express service takes 2 working days; rush service takes 1 working day.
2. The CVASC accepts cash only.

 Please contact Embassy of Thailand in China if Thais are in troubles there.
 China Tour from Bangkok Thailand
 Related Chinese Embassies in Asia: Timor-LesteTurkmenistanAbu Dhabi, U.A.E.  
- Last modified on Sep. 09, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Thailand
Asked by James from USA | Sep. 18, 2019 02:00Reply
Possible to get work visa for foreigner working in Beijing?
I'm an American working in Beijing. My residence permit expired, and my company was too late to give me a work visa, so they got me a one-month humanitarian visa instead. The company was still too late to renew my residence permit (!), so now they're telling me to go to Thailand to apply for a work visa there so I can then come back to Beijing and get my residence permit.

If I have all the correct documents and everything needed, is it possible for me to go to Thailand, apply for a work visa, and then come back to Beijing? I am very worried, because I feel I should go to America, but the company insists it is OK to go to Thailand. My humanitarian visa expires September 23.

Thank you for your advice.
Answers (1)
Answered by Barbara from USA | Sep. 18, 2019 20:25

James, it's possible to get your work visa from Thailand. However, the result is not guaranteed. To play safe, you can contact the CVASC or Chinese embassy in Bangkok before heading there.
Asked by Ariunaa Oko from MONGOLIA | Sep. 16, 2019 20:22Reply
Hello, I'm Mongolian citizen, and can i get a chinese student visa from bangkok?
Answers (1)
Answered by Edgar from THAILAND | Sep. 17, 2019 00:49

Yes, you can have a try.
Asked by Prapatsorn N from ไทย | Sep. 14, 2019 22:04Reply
Transit visa in Shanghai airport
We are flying from BKk to JFK transit 3 hrs at Shanghai airport by China Southern airlines. We are thai citizen.
Do we need to apply transit visa? Any exemption transit visa for Thai?
Pls advise.
Thank you
Answers (1)
Answered by Simon from SINGAPORE | Sep. 16, 2019 02:42

You are eligible for the 24-hour visa free transit.
Asked by Gemma from ENGLAND | Sep. 07, 2019 18:21Reply
How many days can you stay per visit?
I am going to apply for the 6 month double entry visa.

I am going to book flights in and out but wanted to check how many days you can stay there for per visit?
Answers (1)
Answered by Lori from UNITED KINGDOM | Sep. 09, 2019 00:59

Normally, the duration for each stay is 30 days.
Asked by Esther Lam from GERMANY | Sep. 07, 2019 08:31Reply
German citizen by Train: Hanoi Nanning and Beijing Ulan Bator
To apply for tourist visa do I have to provide train tickets to enter and leave China? both by train .

Thank you,
Kind regards
Esther Lam
Answers (1)
Answered by Luck from SINGAPORE | Sep. 09, 2019 00:24

Yes, you have to submit the proof of your tickets for entering into and leaving China.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)