China Consulates in Thailand

 Visa Application Form of PRC 


Chinese Consulate-General in Chiang Mai

Consul General: Mr. Wu Zhiwu
Address: No. 111 Changloh Road, Haiya District, Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
Enquiry Tel: +66-5-3280380, 3276125, 3276457
Fax: +66-5-3274614
Office Hours of Visa Application: 09:00-11:30, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

Consular Districts (Province): Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lampang, Lamphun, Nan, Uttaradit, Tak, Phitsanulok, Sukhothai, Phayao, Mae Hong Son and Phrae

2021 Holiday Schedule of the China Visa Application Service Center in Chiang Mai

Festivals Date Day
New Year's Day January 1 Friday
Chinese New Year February 11 - 15 Thursday - Monday 
Makha Bucha Day February 26 Friday
Qingming Festival April 5 Monday
Chakri Day April 6 Tuesday
Songkran Festival April 13 - 15 Tuesday - Thursday
International Labor Day May 3 Monday
Coronation Day May 4 Tuesday
Visakha Bucha Day May 26 Wednesday
Dragon Boat Festival June 14 Monday
Asarnha Bucha Day July 26 Monday
The Queen's Birthday August 12 Thursday
Chinese National Day October 1 - 5 Friday - Tuesday
Chulalongkorn Day October 25 Monday
The King's Birthday December 6 Monday
Constitution Day December 10 Friday


Chinese Consulate-General in Songkhla

Consul General: Mr. Ma Fengchun
Address: No. 9, Sadao Road, Songkhla, Thailand 90000
Tel: +66-74-322034 (for visa, passport, authentication & notarization)
Fax: +66-76-323772
Hotline for Consular Protection: 081-7665560 (please dial 00-66-81-7665560 if you call from PRC)
Office Hours: 09:00 -  12:00, 14:00 - 17:00, Monday-Friday (except Chinese holidays) 
Consular Section: 09:00 - 12:00
                           15:00 - 16:00 (for collection only)

Consular Districts (Provinces): Chumphon, Ranong, Surat thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phangnga, Phuket, Krabi, Trang, Phat thalung, Songkhla, Satun, Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat

The Phuket Consular Office of the Consulate General in Songkhla

Add: 96/69 Royal Place, By Pass Rd., Kathu District, Phuket, Thailand
Tel: 0066-76-304180 (for Visa Application Inquires)
Fax: 0066-76-304302
The office has been opened since November 6th 2014. The Chinese visa service is available now.

Notice about Requirements for Tourist L and Business F Application

From 20th August 2012, applicants for tourist L and business F/M should provide:
An Invitation Letter for Tourist Group or Tourist issued by a Duly Authorized Tourist Agency; Or an invitation letter issued by Chinese local government or from a Chinese company, corporation, institution, or an individual.

The invitation letter should include the following items:
(1) Personal information of the applicant, such as name, gender, and date of birth.
(2) Purpose of the visit, travel itinerary such as date of entry and exit, places of visit, relationship between the inviter and the applicant, and who will bear the expenses of the applicant.
(3) If invited by a unit, please provide detailed information such as name of the unit, contact number, address, seal of the unit, and representative or the inviter's signature. If the applicant is invited by an individual, please provide copies of inviter's ID Card if Chinese; passport information page, valid visa or residence permit  for foreigners.

1. If the invitation letter is issued by a non-authorized Chinese unit, applicants may be required to provide other supporting documents such as:
(1) Copies of business license of the inviter, contract, order and correspondence between inviter and the applicant or the unit which he/she belongs to.
(2) The inviter's Chinese ID card; or passport, valid visa, residence permit if foreigners. Proof for relationship is also required.
(3) Documents for Entry-Exit record and inter-city transportation, travel itinerary, insurance, bank statement or other financial guarantees. The guarantee should be enough to cover the cost, the rate is about 100 USD per person per day.
2. For Tourist L application without invitation letter, the round-trip flight ticket and hotel reservation are required.
3. Generally, a fax, copy or printout of invitation letter is acceptable. If necessary, the consular officer may require the original invitation letter, or other supporting documents, or an interview.

- Last modified on Jan. 27, 2021 -
Questions & Answers on China Consulates in Thailand
Asked by alan from AUSTRALIA | Feb. 14, 2020 19:10Reply
can an Australian apply for a Chinese visa from Phuket?
Answers (1)
Answered by Ruth from CANADA | Feb. 17, 2020 20:05

Yes, it's possible, you can have a try at the China consular office there.
Asked by John Sanders from CANADA | Oct. 29, 2019 01:01Reply
I am a canadian visiting bangkok and wish to go to Yunnan Pu'er City for 3 days.
I have applied for 3 previous visa (all approved as single entry). Recently the nform changed from 4 pages to 8 pages.
Where can I locate that form?
Thank you
Answers (1)
Answered by Doris from CANADA | Oct. 29, 2019 20:15

You can complete the for at the website of CVASC in Canada and then print it out.
Asked by Jan from DENMARK | Oct. 21, 2019 03:54Reply
Visa for overland travel
I am traveling around Asia without flying, entering China from Laos to Kunming, exiting and reentering during my stay in China to HK (by train or ferry), Taiwan (by ferry), S.Korea (by ferry), N.Korea (by train), and finally leaving overland (by bus or train) to Russia. What kind of document can I show? Can I get the visa in Bangkok though I am from Denmark?
Kindly yours
Answers (1)
Answered by Monica from USA | Oct. 22, 2019 20:18

Jan, if you are a tourist now in Bangkok, I'm afraid you can't apply there. Do you plan to fly from Denmark to Laos or a country neighboring China? If yes, please provide this flight ticket and a train or ferry ticket to HK as proof of transportation arrangements.
Asked by Bahretibeb Teklu Costa from ETHIOPIA | Sep. 16, 2019 16:27Reply
Can i get China visa from Bangkok
Hello I'm using Ethiopian passport and I'm coming next week to Bangkok. Can i get China visa from there?
Answers (1)
Answered by Tom from UNITED KINGDOM | Sep. 16, 2019 20:48

Yes, you can apply in Bangkok.
Asked by Zack from USA | Jun. 12, 2019 23:37Reply
Can US citizens apply for the chinese tourist visa at this location in Chiangmai?
Answers (1)
Answered by Elinor from USA | Jun. 13, 2019 01:12

Zack, you can't apply in Chiangmai. You can apply at CVASC in Bangkok.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)