Home / Embassy / Asia /

China Embassy in UAE

 UAE nationals with ordinary passports can enter or transit in China without a visa if staying less than 30 days from the date of entry.

 Visa Application Form of PRC 

Ambassador: Mr. Chang Hua
Address: Plot No.26, Sector No. W-22, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 2741, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E
Tel: +971-2-4434276
Fax: +971-2-4436835, 4435440
Email: chinaemb_ae@mfa.gov.cn
Website: http://ae.china-embassy.org/eng/ 
Office Hours of Embassy:
09:00 - 13:00, Sunday - Thursday (except Chinese Holidays) 
Office Hours of Consular Department:
09:00 - 12:00, Sunday-Thursday (except Chinese Holidays)
Time for Application: 09:00 -12:00
Time for Collection: 10:00 - 12:00

The Map of Chinese Embassy in the United Arab Emirates

Address: Plot No.26, Sector No.W-22, Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates

Important Notices for Application

1. The Chinese Embassy only accepts applications of the U.A.E. nationals and foreign citizens who reside in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain. U.A.E. Citizens and foreign citizens reside in the rest areas should submit applications to the Consulate General in Dubai.
2. The embassy doesn't accept applications by mailing. Applicants can go there by himself/herself, or entrust an authorized agency or their company or organizations to submit application.

Fees (in Dirhams) for Application

Chinese Embassy in Abu Dhabi usually needs four working days to issue the visa. The rush service of same day is not available, but express service of 2 or 3 working days is available.

The fees are adjusted constantly on a reciprocity basis. Citizens from some countries are even free of the fees/visa according to the signed Mutual Agreement. 

Since May 20, 2013, Chinese Embassy in Abu Dhabi has simplified visa payment methods by using POS machines. Once applications are accepted, applicants will get a Pick-Up Form which shows the date of collection. Then on the scheduled date, applicants should come to the consular office to pay the fees by credit card (Master cards and Visa cards only) before collection. Please note that cash is not accepted from then on.

Types U.A.E. Citizens U.S.A. Citizens Others
Single-Entry 150 520 100
Double-Entry 225 520 165
Multiple-Entry Valid for Six Months 300 520 220
Multiple-Entry Valid for 1 or 2 Years 450 520 330
Accompanying Child Free Free 110
Hong Kong Visa Free Free 110
Express Service 90 90 90



China Consulate in Dubai

Consul General: Ms. Li Lingbing
Address: Villa No. 14, Street 7a, Community 357, Umm Al Sheif Road, Safa 2 Area, Dubai
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 9348, Dubai
Tel: +971-4-3944733
Fax: +971-4-3952207
Email: chinaconsul_db_ae@mfa.gov.cn
Website: http://dubai.chineseconsulate.org/eng/

Consular Office

Office Hours: 09:00-12:00 (for application); 09:00-10:30 (for collection), Sunday-Thursday (except holidays) 
Consular Districts: Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah 

Change of Method of Payment

From June 1, 2011, China Consulate in Dubai has not accepted cash for payment. Applicants can pay for fee by UnionPay, Visa/MasterCard, JCB or Diners Card.

The Map of the Consulate in Dubai

Address: Villa No. 14, Street 8, Community 357, Umm Al Sheif Road, Safa 2 Area, Dubai

 Please contact Embassy of U.A.E. in China if citizens of U.A.E.are in troubles there.

 Recommended Tours:
China Tour from Abu Dhabi UAE
China Tour from Dubai UAE

 Related Chinese Embassies in Asia: UzbekistanHanoi, Vietnam, Yemen

- Last modified on Dec. 05, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in UAE
Asked by ali from UNITER ARAB EMIRATES | Jan. 06, 2020 16:34Reply
I got a teacher's job in China , but i want to get my own Z visa . How much is the cost in AED?
Answers (1)
Answered by Emma from UAE | Jan. 06, 2020 18:05

The cost is AED 135.
Asked by Riji from INDIA | Dec. 05, 2019 01:35Reply
Am an Indian
If I get an offerletter from a company in China what is the next procedure for visa application? Do I need to pay visa only by using card? Can I pay by cash?
Answers (1)
Answered by Haeem from INDIA | Dec. 05, 2019 19:32

Next step: ask the company to get you a work permit. Then apply for a work visa at the Chinese visa center in India. If you live within the consular district of the Chinese consulate in Mumbai, you need to apply from there.

The visa center in New Delhi accepts Cash and Demand Draft.
Asked by MAE BASNILLO from UNITED ARAB EMIRATES | Nov. 26, 2019 09:05Reply
I am a Filipino - me and my daughter both residents in UAE ( she is under my sponsorship ) we have 22 hrs layover in Guangzhou this Jan 2020. Do we still have apply for visa?

Thank you so much.
Answers (2)
Answered by Ken from CANADA | Nov. 26, 2019 18:32

If your route qualifies for the 24h visa-free transit, then you don't need a visa.
Answered by Mae Basnillo from UAE | Nov. 26, 2019 23:06

So I can book a hotel in the city or has to be in the Airport ? We will arrived by noon time in Guangzhou and fly out the next day 18:00 - So during the day we can go around for some quick tour in the city.

Thank you so much for the helpful info.

Asked by Syed Junaid from UAE | Oct. 22, 2019 04:01Reply
pakistani residence in uae required visit visa?
i am Pakistan national living in abudhabi residence visa how can i visit hongkong.
Answers (2)
Answered by Marnni from AUSTRALIA | Oct. 22, 2019 23:36

You can apply for a Hong Kong visa from the China embassy in Abu Dhabi or send the application to the HK Immigration Department.
Answered by Syed Junaid from UAE | Oct. 23, 2019 03:33

how i send the application to HK immigration department can you share me the application and required documents.
thanks for your prompt reply.
Asked by Rashid from UAE | Oct. 12, 2019 03:40Reply
Indian citizen residence visa in Abu Dhabi, planning to visit China. Docs & Fees
I am an Indian citizen residence visa in Abu Dhabi, planning to visit China for 10 days. What all are the documents required and what is the fees and how can I apply? Please assist me if anyone knows in details. Also refer me any travels in Abu Dhabi if they can process.
Answers (1)
Answered by Daisy from UAE | Oct. 13, 2019 22:57

Documents required: passport, residence visa in Abu Dhabi, application form, photo, round-trip tickets, hotel bookings.

Fee: 135 dirhams

How to apply: you can submit the mentioned documents to the Chinese embassy in Abu Dhabi and pay the fee. Then wait to collect your visa after a few working days.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)