Home / Embassy / Asia /

China Embassy in Sri Lanka

 Visa Application Form of PRC 

Ambassador: Mr. Yi Xianliang
Address: 381 A, Bauddhaloka Mawatha, Colombo 07, Sri Lanka
Tel: +94-11-2688610
Office Hours: 09:30-12:00, 15:00-17:00 (Monday to Friday, except holidays)
Contact Email: chinaemb_lk@mfa.gov.cn 
Website: http://lk.china-embassy.org/eng/

Consular Office

Address: 120/3B, Vidya Mawatha, Colombo 07
In Office Hours: Tel: +94-11-2676658, Fax: +94-11-2688611
24-Hour Telephone: +94-779288949 (for Emergencies)
Email: consulate_lk@mfa.gov.cn 

Office Hours:
Application Time: 09:00-11:30, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Pick-up Time: 15:00-16:45, Monday-Thursday (except holidays)

Sections of Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka

Sections Information
Administrative Office Tel: +94-11-2688610
Fax: +94-11-2675101
Political Office Tel: +94-11-2694494
Fax: +94-11-2693799
Cultural Office Tel: +94-11-2694493
Fax: +94-11-2675101
Economic & Commercial Counselor's Office Address: 120/3A, Vidya Mawatha, Colombo 07
Tel: +94-11-2682494
Fax: +94-11-2684579


1. Regular Fee per Person
Types Sri Lankan Citizens American Citizens Canadian Citizens Romanian Citizens Citizens of Other Countries
Single-Entry RS 2,300 RS 16,300 RS 10,800 RS 8,700 RS 3,900
Double-Entry RS 3,500 RS 16,300 RS 10,800 RS 11,600 RS 5,900
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity RS 4,600 RS 16,300 RS 10,800 RS 17,400 RS 7,900
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity RS 6,900 RS 16,300 RS 10,800 RS 17,400 RS 12,000
Group Visa RS 1,800 - - - -
Hong Kong Visa/Entry Permit RS 3,000 RS 3,000 RS 3,000 RS 3,000 RS 3,000
Note: For a child accompanying, the fee is charged as the regular fee.

2. Expedited Service Fee per Person
The regular processing time is 4 working days. For urgent cases, the expedited service is available. Moreover, additional fees will be paid as following:
Same day processing RS 4,000
2 or 3 working days processing RS 2,700
Note: The expedited service is free for a child accompanying.

 Please contact Embassy of Sri Lanka in China if Sri Lankans are in troubles there.
 China Tour from Colombo Sri Lanka
 Related Chinese Embassies in Asia: Syrian Arab RepublicTajikistanBangkok, Thailand

Selected Questions and Answers:

 Asked by Mr. hameed
Dear sir
i like to visit to china how can apply visa pls inform me what are the documents needed
Thanks hameed

 Answered by Ms. Hannah
You can apply for it from the Chinese embassy. For a tourist applicant, in principle he need to provide his passport with blank pages and at least 6 months validity left before expiration; a truly and completely filled application form affixed with one passport-sized photo; evidence of his financial capability of covering the travelling expenses there, and when necessary, provide the air, train or ship tickets to the heading country/region after leaving. For the applicants who come to visit relatives, some are required to provide invitation letters from their Chinese relatives.

  Asked by Mr. J.I.D.Jayasundara
My name is J.I.D Jayasundara. I am a railway Engineer. I have been invited to participate in a SIDA training program from 14 november to 22th november. How long it would take you to process my application. How to get application forms on line.

 Answered by Mr. Daniel 
It uaually takes 4 working days, but you can request the expedited service by paying additional fees. The application form can be downloaded from the website below:

- Last modified on Apr. 17, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Sri Lanka
Asked by Lakshman De Costa from SRI LANKA | Apr. 16, 2019 23:59Reply
Photograph size and colour
Dear Sir/Manadam
Kindly let us know for visa application process size of the photo and its backgroud colour.?
Answers (1)
Answered by Jason | Apr. 17, 2019 19:41

The required photo should be a recently-taken bareheaded one against a light background (size: 48mm x 33mm).
Asked by Eshan Vithanage from SRI LANKA | Apr. 16, 2019 15:09Reply
Can I get visa to china on arrival
Answers (1)
Answered by Alton | Apr. 17, 2019 19:37

No, please apply for a visa beforehand.
Asked by Seyed Hanifdeen from SRI LANKA | Apr. 13, 2019 08:58Reply
Contan fair
I wish to visit your country perpuss of the contan fair. How can I get visit visa and what are the needed documents

Please inform me immediately ,
Thank you
Answers (1)
Answered by Grace | Apr. 15, 2019 01:25

Hi, you can try to apply for L type, and the first step is to prepare all the required documents including passport and its copy, a completed application form attached with a passport-style photo, invitation letter from China, travel itinerary, round trip air tickets, the latest 3-month bank statement and others. Next step is to submit the application to the embassy of China.
Asked by Nila from SRI LANKA | Apr. 11, 2019 21:58Reply
PASSPORT. Our chairman travels very often and we need to know
if we hand over the passport for stamping of visa, for how long does the consulate keep back the passport as our Chairman travels very often and can we request for the passport if we needed urgently
Answers (1)
Answered by Hunter | Apr. 11, 2019 23:57

If intending to apply for mainland Chinese visa, they usually keeps the passport for four working days for the processing. Maybe you can also apply for the 3 or 2 days rush service.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)