Home / Embassy / Asia /

Chinese Embassy in India

Ambassador: Mr. Ma Jialin
Address: 50-D, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, 110021
Fax: +91-11-26885486
Office Hours:
09:00-12:30, 15:00-17:30, Monday-Friday (except holidays)


Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in India

Address: Gate No. 4, Chinese Embassy, Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, 110021
Tel: +91-11-24675259, 09:30 - 12:30, 15:30 - 17:30
26112343 for consular protection
Fax: +91-11-26111105
Office Hours: 9:30-12:00 & 15:30-17:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

Consular Districts of the Embassy/Consulates

Consulate General Consular Jurisdiction
The Embassy in New Delhi Except Consular Districts of the Consulate in Mumbai & the Consulate in Kolkata.
The Consulate General in Mumbai Maharashtra, Karnataka
The consulate General in Kolkata Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Orissa, West Bengal

Notice on Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC) 

The CVASC in New Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata have been in operation. Applications to mainland China from all ordinary passport holders should be submitted to CVASC. 

The following applicants need directly submit applications to the embassy or consulates in India:
1) Diplomatic / Service (Official) Passport Holders and Important Official Delegations.
2) Application of media employees and journalists (please contact the Press Office of embassy in advance, Tel: +91-11-2688 1249, Fax: +91-11-2688 2024)
3) Notarization and Authentication
4) Application of Passport, Travel Documents, Hong Kong SAR Entry Permit from Chinese

Basic Information of the CVASC in New Delhi

Address: Concourse Floor, Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Shivaji Stadium Metro Station, Connaught Place, New Delhi -110001 India.
Office Hours: Monday to Friday
Normal Service Submission Time: 09:00 to 15:00
Express Service Submission Time: 09:00 to 12:00 (Only the applicants meet the Embassy's requirements)
Collection Time for individuals: 14:30 to 17:00
Collection Time for representatives: 16:00 to 17:00
Normal Service: around 6 working days (expected)
Express Service: around 3 working days (expected)
Tel: 91-9999036735

Note: An applicant may submit his or her application to CVASC in person or entrust someone or a travel agent to submit on his or her behalf. Online appointment via the Centre's website for submission is suggested. You may be required to go to the Embassy or the Consulate General for an interview if the the consular officer deems it necessary.

Main Visa Types & Requirements

Types Purpose
Tourist (L) It is issued for an alien who comes to PRC for sight-seeing.
Business (M) M is issued to those who intend to visit for commercial and trade activities.
Noncommercial Visit (F) F is issued for an alien who comes to PRC for non-commercial business activities, such as research, lecture, science and technology exchange visits on invitation.
Employment/Work (Z) It is issued for applicants going to PRC for employment or work.
Student (X)

It is issued for an alien who comes to PRC for study.

Private Visit (S) It is issued to family members who intend to visit the foreigners with Z or X in PRC, or to those who intend to go to PRC for other private affairs.
Family Reunion (Q) It is issued to family members of Chinese citizens or foreigners with permanent residence in PRC.
Transit (G) It is issued for applicants going to PRC for transit to another country/region.
Hong Kong SAR & Macao SAR Visas Indian citizens holding valid passports are exempt from Visa/Entry Permit to Hong Kong for less than 14 days, and Macao for less than 30 days.

Fees (in Rupee)


Types/Countries Single Entry Double Entry 6-month Multi-Entry 12-month Multi-Entry
India 2,900 4,400 5,900 8,800
The US 11,500
The US (J-type) 14,200
Canadian 3,900
Argentina 7,700
Brazil 7,100
Israel 1,400
Panama 3,200
Other Countries 2,000 3,000 4,100 6,100
Note: Extra express service fee: 1,800 / 2700 Rupees.

Service Fee Charged by the CVASC

Service Fee
Regular Service (6th working day collection) 1,861
Express Service (third working day collection) 2,742
Postal Service
Premium Lounge Service

1. The CVASC accepts Cash and Demand Draft.
2. For Express Service (third working day collection), you will have to submit your application before 11:00, and pick it up after 15:00 on the next working day.

2024 Holiday Schedule of Chinese Embassy in India

Festival Date Day
New Year's Day January 1 Monday
Chinese New Year February 12 - 16 Monday - Friday
Holi Festival March 25 Monday
International Workers Day May 1 - 3 Wednesday - Friday
Mid-Autumn Day September 16 - 17 Monday - Tuesday
Chinese National Day October 1 - 7 Tuesday - Monday
Diwali Festival October 31 Thursday

2024 Holiday Schedule of the CVASC in New Delhi

Festival Date Day
New Year's Day January 1 Monday
Republic Day January 26 Friday
Chinese New Year February 12 - 16 Monday - Friday
Holi Festival March 25 Monday
International Workers Day May 1 - 3 Wednesday - Friday
Independence Day August 15 Thursday
Mid-Autumn Day September 16 - 17 Monday - Tuesday
Chinese National Day October 1 - 7 Tuesday - Monday
Diwali Festival October 31 Thursday
Christmas Day December 25 Wednesday

India Profile

Capital: The capital city is New Delhi, which is the second largest city in India after Mumbai.

Language: Both Hindi and English are the two official language of India, so there should be no language barrier for tourists from English-speaking countries.

Geography: India is located on the South Asian subcontinent, bordering Arabian Sea in the west, Indian Ocean in the south, Bangladesh in the east, and China, Nepal, Bhutan, and Pakistan in the north. It covers a territory of 2.98 million square km, ranking seventh in the world.

Population: As of April 2023, the population of India is 14.16 billion, making it the most populous country in the world.

Religion: Major religions include Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Sikhism, Buddhism, etc. About 80.5% of its population believe in Hinduism, followed by 12% Islam, 2.3% Christianity, and 1.9% Sikhism.

Top things to do: India, one of the four ancient civilizations, boast profound history and rich culture, offering countless must-see attractions that you can't miss. Your India tours should definitely cover the following highlights.
1. Taj Mahal, a symbol of India and one of the Seven Wonders of the World
2. Agra Fort, the imperial palace of the Mughal Empire
3. The Ganges River, the mother river of India
4. Hawa Mahal, also the Palace of the Winds, a landmark of the “Pink City” Jaipur
5. Amber Fort, the oldest palace of ancient India
6. Meherangarh Fort, best known attractions in Jodhpur
7. Red Fort in Delhi, a palace during the Mughal Empire era
8. Humayun's Tomb, the earliest surviving building of the Mughal period 

 Please contact Embassy of India in China if Indians are in difficulties there.

 Recommended tours: 
China Tours from India
China Tour from Delhi India
China Tour from Mumbai India

Related Chinese Embassies in Asia: Indonesia, Tehran, IranBaghdad, IraqTel Aviv, Israel          
- Last updated on Jan. 08, 2024 by Gabby Li -
Questions & Answers on Chinese Embassy in India
Asked by Abhishek Mehta from INDIA | Feb. 18, 2023 02:02Reply
how to pay visa fee, by draft or cash?
Answers (1)
Answered by Kelly | Feb. 20, 2023 18:15

You can pay by cash, credict card, debit card or check.
Asked by BHATIA from CHINA | Mar. 02, 2021 09:13Reply
Answers (1)
Answered by Fiona | Mar. 08, 2021 00:51

Yes, they charge for this. If you are an Indian citizen, the fee is Rs 1,600 for each document.
Asked by Arti from INDIA | Feb. 27, 2021 02:16Reply
Do china embassy is in India accepting passport for visas
I want to go back to China and visa got expire I want to know do Chinese embassy is taking passports for visa
Answers (1)
Answered by Sharon | Mar. 08, 2021 00:49

Currently, they are not accepting visa applications.
Asked by BHATIA from CHINA | Feb. 09, 2021 10:25Reply
Answers (1)
Answered by Victor | Feb. 17, 2021 23:46

No, you need to do this at the Chinese visa center in Mumbai, Kolkatta or Delhi according to the region you reside.
Asked by GAURAV SAIN from INDIA | Jan. 06, 2021 04:40Reply
HELLO,Is the Chinese Embassy in New Delhi accepting visa applications and providing visas to people
Answers (3)
Answered by Cherry | Jan. 11, 2021 00:54

Sorry, it isn't.
Answered by kalan | Feb. 23, 2021 14:27

Hi, i would like to know that do the Chinese Embassy issue work permit in India since February for citizens of other country
Answered by Cherry | Feb. 24, 2021 18:59

The work permit should be obtained through your Chinese employer in China.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)