Embassy & Consulates of India in China

Embassy of the Republic of India in Beijing

Ambassador:  H.E. Mr. Vikram Misri
Address: No. 5, Liang Ma Qiao Bei Jie, Chaoyang District
Postal Code: 100600
Tel: (+86)10 8531 2500/ 2501/ 2502/ 2503
Fax: (+86)10 8531 2515
Office Hours: 08:30-17:30, Monday-Friday (except public holidays)
Email: hoc.beijing@mea.gov.in

Consular Office
Tel: (+86)10 85312559/ 85312560
Fax: (+86)10 85312515
Email: cons1.beijing@mea.gov.in; cons2.beijing@mea.gov.in
Office Hours:
09:30 - 10:30 on working days -Passport, Visa applications, documents for attestation are accepted.
16:00 - 17:00 on working days -Passports, Visas, attested documents are delivered.

Commercial Office
(For commercial matters related to economy, trade and investment information)
Tel: (+86)10 8531 2537
E-mail: cecooffice.beijing@mea.gov.in

Culture Office
For Information and Culture
Tel: (+86)10 8531 2545
E-mail: fscul.beijing@mea.gov.in

 Press Office
For General Information
Tel: (+86)10 8531 2540
E-mail: press.beijing@mea.gov.in

If your passports are lost, stolen or damaged, what can they do?
1. Immediately report this matter to a police station or public security close to you to obtain an official report of passport loss.
2. Apply for a Duplicate Passport as soon as possible from Indian embassy in Beijing or consulate in Hong Kong and Shanghai.
3. Provide the following papers: 1) the official police report about loss of passport. 2) Photocopy of the lost passport if you have one. If not, particular details about it should be offered. 3) A written application describing the occasion on which the passport is lost. 4) Four recently taken colored photos in passport standard. 5) A properly filled-in Application Form No. EAP-I.

Note: The Duplicate Passport is only issued when embassy receives the Confirmation Receipt from the concerned Regional Passport Office in India.

Passport Fees (w.e.f. April 1, 2002)

Types of Passport Fees
Duplicate Passport for Lost/Stolen/Damaged Passports RMB 1075 (36 pages)

RMB 1252 (60 pages)
Fresh/Re-issue of Passport RMB 545 (36 pages, 10 years validity)

RMB 721 (60 pages, 10 years validity)

RMB 368 (36 pages for applicants below 18 with a validity of five years)

RMB 333 (36 pages for minors up to 8 years old with with a validity of five years)
Replacement of passport for change in personal particulars RMB 545 (36 pages, 10 years validity)

RMB 721 (60 pages, 10 years validity)

RMB 368 (36 pages, for minors below 18, 5 years validity)

RMB 545 (36 pages, 10 years validity, for deletion of Emmigration Check Requirement stamp)

RMB 721 (60 pages, 10 years validity, for deletion of Emmigration Check Requirement stamp)
Other Services RMB 191 (Police Clearance Certificate)

RMB 121 (Emergency Certificate)

Public Holidays in 2021:
Date Day Holiday
January 1 Friday New Year's Day
January 26 Tuesday Republic Day
February 12 Friday Chinese New Year
March 29 Monday Holi
April 2 Friday Good Friday
April 25 Sunday Mahavir Jayanthi
May 14 Friday Id-l-Fitr *
June 14 Monday Dragon Boat Festival
July 21 Wednesday Id-UI-Zuha (Bakrid) *
August 15 Sunday Indian Independence Day
August 30 Monday Janmashtmi
September 10 Friday Ganesh Chaturthi
October 1  Friday Chinese National Day & Mid-Autumn Festival
October 2 Saturday Mahatma Gandhi's Birthday
October 15 Friday Dussehra
November 4 Thursday Diwali (Deepavali)
November 30 Tuesday Guru Nanak Birthday
Note: * Subject to change due to sighting of moon.


Consulate General of the Republic of India in Shanghai

Address: Room 1008, 10 Floor, Shanghai International Trade Center, No. 2201 Yan'an West Road, Shanghai
Tel: (+86)21 6275 8882, 8885, 886
Fax: (+86)21 6275 8881, 6295 6892
E-mail: acoppt.shanghai@mea.gov.in
Website: http://www.indianconsulate.org.cn
Consular Districts: Shanghai, Zhejiang Province, Jiangsu Province


Consulate General of the Republic of India in Guangzhou

Address: 1401-1404, 14th Floor, HNA Tower,  8 Linhe Zhong Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou
Tel: (+86)20 8550 1501, 8550 1502, 8550 1503, 8550 1504, 8550 1505
Fax: (+86)20 8550 1510, 8550 1513
Consular Districts: Guangdong, Fujian, Hunan, Hainan, Yunnan, Sichuan, Guangxi

 Please contact China Embassy in India if Indians will go to China.

 Recommended tours: 
China Tours from India
China Tour from Delhi India
China Tour from Mumbai India

- Last updated on Apr. 25, 2023 -
Questions & Answers on Embassy & Consulates of India in China
Asked by ASHWANI | Sep. 10, 2023 23:49Reply
i'm living in yiwu, zhejiang, and i need PCC for renew visa, so for that which which documents i need to prepare before come to embassy to apply PCC
Answers (1)
Answered by Fiona | Sep. 12, 2023 01:19

Theoretically, you need to apply for it in India and contacting India Embassy directly is recommended.
Asked by Saurabh Sharma from INDIA | Nov. 17, 2020 05:11Reply
About go back to china to study
Sir / madam I’m a student in Guizhou medical university in china. I want to know about what time i can go back to china . We most of the students stay at India more than 11 months so please tell us what time we can back again back to china
Answers (1)
Answered by Rajesh | Nov. 19, 2020 23:28

Dear, sorry, when you can go back to China to study is unknown at present. You have to keep an eye on the latest news.
Asked by utpalendu chanda india from INDIA | Oct. 26, 2020 06:08Reply
want to go china..
sir i have valid visa for china..but how to get air ticket from embassy arrangement

can any help me ?
where to pay..
how to know when have flight?
Answers (1)
Answered by Michelle | Nov. 01, 2020 18:16

You can contact the Chinese embassy or airlines to know about this.
Asked by C. N. Bora from INDIA | Sep. 04, 2019 02:27Reply
I talked to visa application centre new Delhi.
Visa application centre informed me that u may require a transit visa for stay of 5 hrs in Guangzhou a d 3 hrs in Wuhan. I'm confused kindly give an assurance. I will travel to nyc via China Thank u.
Answers (1)
Answered by Monica from CANADA | Sep. 05, 2019 00:54

Well...it seemed a waste of time asking the visa center. Trust me, you are eligible for the 24h visa-free transit as long as you are transit in China for less than 24 hours.
Asked by Cida Nanda Bora from INDIA | Sep. 03, 2019 00:40Reply
I have booked ticket to NYC via China guangzou & wuhan. Do I need transit VISA for 5hrs stay in Guan
Transit VISA for travel via China to NYC Do I need that if I have US visa. I will stop for about 5Hrs in Guangzhou & 3 Hrs in Wuhan. Thank u.
Answers (1)
Answered by Robin from UNITED KINGDOM | Sep. 03, 2019 19:36

Yoou don't need to apply for transit visa, for you are eligible for the 24-hour visa free transit.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)