China Embassy in Netherlands

 Visa Application Form of PRC

Ambassador: Mr. Chen Xu
Address: Willem Lodewijklaan 10 2517 JT, The Hague
Tel: +31-70-3065063
Fax: +31-70-3551651
Office Hours:
09:00-12:00, Monday-Friday,
14:00-16:00, Thursday (except holidays)

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Netherlands

Address: Willem Lodewijklaan 10, 2517 JT The Hague
Tel: +31-70-3065091 (available between 09:00-12:00, 14:30-17:00 on working days)
Fax: +31-70-3065085 
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

Important Notice about the Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC)

To provide a better service for the applicants, the Embassy in the Netherlands, following the success of the application centers of other countries, decides to introduce the CVASC.  It is responsible for receiving applications of ordinary passport holders for visiting mainland, collecting fees on behalf of the Embassy and returning passports to applicants. To ensure CVASC's operation, a service fee will be charged in accordance with the published rate.

The following applicants are still requested to apply directly to the Embassy:
1. Holders of diplomatic, service (official) passport, or applicants qualified for the diplomatic, courtesy, service visa as well as important delegations;
2. Dutch ordinary passport holders, who apply for Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) visa for a stay over 90 days in HKSAR;
3. Notarization and authentication applicants;
4. Chinese citizens applying for a new or renewed passport, travel document or HKSAR entry permit. 

 The related information of CVASC in the Hague:
Address: 6th floor, Rijswijksweg 60 2516EH, Den Haag 
Tel: +31-(0)70-2629150
Fax: +31-(0)70-3886595 
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, except holidays
For submission of applications: 09:00-15:00 (Rush applications should be submitted before 12:00 noon)
For collection and payment: 09:00-16:00

Method and Time for Submission of Applications

1. Method: An applicant may submit his or her application to the Center in person or entrusts someone else or a travel agency to submit on his or her behalf. You are suggested to book in advance via the center's website for submission. If you apply by post, please check Section 'Instructions for application by post' from the center's website. You may be required to go to the Embassy for an interview if the Embassy deems it necessary.

2. Processing time: Regular processing time needs four working days. The center offers express service and urgent service. For express service, it will be ready for collection on the third working-day. For urgent service, it will be ready for collection on the second working-day (application should be submitted before 12:00 noon). Post service normally takes 10 working days. 
Note: As from July 5, 2012, the processing time will be 4 working days for the passport holders of the following countries: Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Austria, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, France.

Fees (in EUR)

Citizens of Schengen Countries
Types Regular Express Rush Postal
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 126.55 175.75 197.85 162.85

US citizens
Types Regular Express Rush Postal
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 181.55 228.75 250.85 217.85

Types Regular Express Rush Postal
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 139.55 186.75 208.85 175.85

Citizens of Other Countries
Types Regular Express Rush Postal
3-month Single Entry 99.55 146.75 168.85 135.85
6-month Double Entry 116.55 163.75 185.85 152.85
6-month Multi-Entry 132.55 179.55 201.85 168.85
12-month Multi-Entry 166.55 213.75 235.85 202.85

1. The regular service takes 4 working days; express service takes 3 working days; rush service takes 2 working days; postal service takes 10 working days.
2. This CVASC accepts cash and debit card. If you use the postal service, you should make the payment through remittance.

The Map of the Embassy

1. Take Tramway No.10 at The Hague Central Station (CS), then get off at Adriaan Goekooplaan, then walk about 3 minutes to reach the embassy. 

2. Take Tramway No. 1 at the city center of The Hague or The Hague Holland Spoor Station, then get off at Adriaan Goekooplaan, and then walk about 3 minutes to reach the embassy.
 Please contact Embassy of Netherlands in PRC if Dutches are in distress there. 
 China Tour from Amsterdam Netherlands
 Related China Embassies in Europe: Norway, PolandPortugal
- Last modified on Dec. 04, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Netherlands
Asked by Bart from NETHERLANDS | Jan. 14, 2020 13:30Reply
Stopover Hongkong, transit visa Cambodian citizen.
My wife had a cambodian passport, we have a 9 hours stopover in Hongkong, can she get a transit visa in AirPort???
Answers (2)
Answered by Helen from NETHERLANDS | Jan. 15, 2020 17:43

If she holds a normal passport, she needs to get a transit visa for Hong Kong in advance.
Answered by Bart from NETHERLANDS | Jan. 16, 2020 23:47

Okay, but i find this list on internet.

Nationals of the following countries must obtain a Transit Visa for Hong Kong, even if they are to remain at the airport transit area.

AfghanistanDR CongoIraqSierra LeoneAngolaEritreaIvory CoastSomaliaBangladeshEthiopiaLiberiaSouth SudanBurundiGambiaLibyaSudanCameroonGhanaNepalSri LankaCentral African RepublicGuinea BissauNorth KoreaTogoCongoIranRwandaYemen
Asked by Nick from NETHERLANDS | Jan. 10, 2020 07:50Reply
Transit Visa or Tourism Visa?
I will travel from Amsterdam - Vietnam and transit in Shanghai Pudong for 15 hours each way. I would like to utilize the time to visit the cities within my transit hours.

Should i apply for Transit Visa or Tourism Visa? and should it be Double-entry?
Answers (3)
Answered by Brian from USA | Jan. 12, 2020 18:04

Nick, actually you are eligible for the 24h visa-free transit in Shanghai on both ways, so you don't need a visa. Note that whether you will be allowed to leave the airport is at the discretion of immigration officers. If you have a hotel reservation,you chance of beling allowed to leave the airport is big.
Answered by Nick from NETHERLANDS | Jan. 13, 2020 00:20

Hi, thanks for your reply. Sorry for not give enough clarity about the case. I am EU permanent residence, not Dutch Nationality yet, I am Vietnamese. About the upcoming trip to China in March:

Amsterdam - Vietnam ( 15 hrs transit in Shanghai Pudong)
Vietnam- Amsterdam ( 17 hrs transit in Shanghai Pudong)

The question is which visa should i apply? and should it be double-entry or multiple-entry?

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks! Nick
Answered by Brian | Jan. 13, 2020 00:24

The 24h visa-free transit of China applies to Vietnamese also.
Asked by Kalanne Atedoghu from NIGERIA | Dec. 02, 2019 12:42Reply
transit visa
Hi, i am flying with Xiamen airline from Amsterdam to Melbourne. Will arrive by 6.20 and will take off by 22.00 to Melborne. i was told that i will do a luggage transfer from Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport T3 by myself, and the transit waiting time is 15hrs 40 minutes. Please do i need a transit visa. Please help me
Answers (2)
Answered by Sarah from NETHERLANDS | Dec. 03, 2019 18:29

You don't need the transit visa.
Answered by kalanne | Dec. 04, 2019 00:37

Hi, Thanks for the mail, but i called the embassy several time yesterday and the lady that picked my call said i need a visa, i also quickly requested if i could apply. I begged for someone to give a positive response but no 1 did, and i called China embassy in china no 1 gave me any answer even after using google translator and now my money, time and flight just wasted. please i dont need your help anymore.
Asked by roel from NETHERLANDS | Nov. 08, 2019 05:23Reply
about a free transit visa in Beijing
A) next summer I fly with my family from Brussels to Beijing. After 4 days we have a ticket and visum for Mongolia.
B) After two weeks we fly back from Mongolia back to Brussels and have an 18 hour stop in Beijing.

Are A and B valid reasons to get a free transit visa to move freely in the Beijing area?
Answers (1)
Answered by Kelly from UNITED KINGDOM | Nov. 10, 2019 18:31

Roel, if Beijing is the only layover for your routes, then you can get visa-free transit both times. For the first time, you are definitely will be allowed leave the airport due to the long layover. For the second time, it's possible to leave the airport but the decision is to be made by the immigration officer.
Asked by ARIE KOOPS | Nov. 05, 2019 00:22Reply
transfer on Peking Airport
Next month I will fly from Kazakstan to Japan, with intermediate landing on Beijing airport. Do I need a valid visa for China?
Answers (1)
Answered by Fiona from AUSTRALIA | Nov. 05, 2019 22:19

If the layover in China is within 24 hours, you don't need a transit visa.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)