China Visa Application Procedure and Fee

 Main China Visa Types       
 2023 Holidays of the Embassy/Consulates/CVASC in Australia 

Procedure of Application at CVASC

1. Complete the Application Form on the CVASC's web, print it out, and sign it;
2. Make online appointment for your submission;
3. Obtain queue number upon arrival at the center and submit your application when your number is called;
4. Pick up your visa on the collection day and pay the fees.

Tip: Application by post is currently not available. 

Visa Fees (AUD)

Australian citizens

Types Regular Express Rush Post
3-month Single Entry 109.5 167 209 131.5
6-month Double Entry 139.5 197 239 161.5
6-month Multi-Entry 169.5 227 269 191.5
12-month Multi-Entry 229.5 287 329 251.5

US citizens

Types Regular Express Rush Post
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 218.5 276 318 240.5


Types Regular Express Rush Post
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 149.5 207 249 171.5

Citizens of Other Countries

Types Regular Express Rush Post
3-month Single Entry 99.5 157 199 121.5
6-month Double Entry 124.5 182 224 146.5
6-month Multi-Entry 149.5 207 249 171.5
12-month Multi-Entry 199.5 257 299 221.5


1. Regular service takes 4 working days; express service takes 3 working days; and rush service takes 2 working days.
2. Cash, money order, bank cheque, company cheque and credit card (Visa/Master card) are acceptable. No personal cheques. Please make cheques and money orders payable to: CITS V Service (Australia) Pty Ltd.
3. GST, ie., goods and service tax, is included in the fee.
- Last updated on Sep. 03, 2023 by Brenda Lian -
Questions & Answers on China Visa Application Procedure and Fee
Asked by Sylvia from AUSTRALIA | Sep. 01, 2023 01:40Reply
HK to Shenzhen Visa
Can I apply for the 5-day Shenzhen Visa On Arrival if I go by MRT Hung Hom Station(HK) to Lo Wu Station (Shenzhen)? Thanks again
Answers (1)
Answered by Andrew | Sep. 03, 2023 20:21

It is available at Lo Wu. But there are too many applicatns. If you don't want to wait in a long queue, go to Shekou by ferry.
Asked by Sylvia from AUSTRALIA | Aug. 30, 2023 02:57Reply
HK to Shenzhen Visa
I hold an Australian Passport, will be going to Shenzhen via the High Speed Train from Hong Kong.
Do I need a Visa if I only stay for 3 nights in Shenzhen?
Answers (1)
Answered by James | Aug. 30, 2023 18:40

You are eligible for the 5-day Shenzhen Visa on Arrival. However, it can only be got by ferry at Shekou, or by road at Huanggang, and Luohu (Lo Wu) ports. That means the high speed trains are not available to get it.

If traveling by high speed train, you need to apply for a visa in advance.
Asked by Richard Headley from AUSTRALIA | Aug. 16, 2023 22:10Reply
Destination details within China
I'm an Australian citizen and I'm currently completing my Chinese tourist visa. I'm due to fly to Beijing on 24 or 28 August. We are due to return to Australia on 12 September, 2023.
From Beijing, my Chinese girlfriend and I will be visiting, Harbin, Yunnan and Guizhou provinces. However, at this stage I don't have any addresses & dates where we will be staying in Yunnan and Guizhou provinces as it all depends how long we stay in Beijing and Harbin. Can you advise what I should put on my Visa application as to Section 6.1 J . Thank you.
Answers (1)
Answered by Emily | Aug. 16, 2023 23:24

Maybe you can fill in 'to be confirmed'.
Asked by Sharon Clark from UNITED KINGDOM | Aug. 13, 2023 02:12Reply
Visiting Australia as tourist can I apply for Chinese visa in Sydney
I’m a UK citizen travelling for 4 months in Asia and Australia/NZ. Will I be able to apply for a Chinese visa while in Australia as it will be 4 months from travel entry into China when I leave UK and it’s only possible to get Chinese visa 3 months in advance
Answers (1)
Answered by Molly | Aug. 14, 2023 02:14

You can have a try but there may be a high possibility to get rejected. Anyway, good luck!
Asked by Ian Crawford from AUSTRALIA | Aug. 01, 2023 19:53Reply
Online Visa application
I have had a digital photo taken at the post office but it won't let me upload it onto the online form. The photo met all requirements at the post office but now says pixel rating is too low and the background is not fully white. I have had the photo taken a second time and still can't upload it. What can I do as I can't move to the next step until I upload my photo?
Answers (1)
Answered by Rosy | Aug. 01, 2023 20:17

You may take a new picture based on the requirements and upload it again. There is no other better way. Good luck to you!
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)