China Consulate in Sydney, Australia

 Visa Application Form of PRC
 Procedure for Application at CVASC/by Post
 Visa Fees

Consul General: Mr. Li Huaxin
Address: 39 Dunblane Street, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
Tel: +61-2-85958002
Fax: +61-2-85958011  
Office Hours: 08:30-12:00, 14:00-17:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays) 


Consular Office of Chinese Consulate in Sydney

Tel: +61-2-85958002 (Manual Phone 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00, Mon.-Fri.)
      +61-2-85958000 (Auto Answer)
Fax: +61-2-85958021
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Consular District: New South Wales 


Map of Chinese Consulate in Sydney

Transportation: Take Bus No. 412, 413, 435, 436, 437, 438, 440 or 461 and get off at Missenden Rd.


Important Notice

Chinese Visa Application Service Centre (CVASC) started its operation on 30th of November, 2009. Thereafter, the Consulate General stopped to accept applications from ordinary passport holders. The vast majority of applicants are kindly requested to go to CVASC. CVASC also collects visa fees and returns processed applications on behalf of the Consulate General. A service fee will be charged.  

Applicants who hold Diplomatic, Service or Official passport, or who apply for Hong Kong visa/entry permit, or who apply for Chinese passport/travel document, or who apply for authentication/notarization should still submit the application directly to the Consulate General and don't have to make online appointment.

Detailed information about the CVASC:
Address: Level 5, 299 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 
Nearest Subway Station: Museum Station 
Bus Routes: 311, 333, 373,377, 380, 392, 394, 396, 397, 399, 890, L94, X39,  X73, X74, X92, X94, X96, BUS-10 (Hyde Park Bus Station)
Mailing address: P.O. Box 20516, World Square, NSW 2002 (for receiving mail application only)
Tel: +61-2-94758800
Fax: +61-2-92612088
Business Hours: 09:00-15:00, Monday-Friday (submit you application before 12:00 noon for rush service)


2020 Holiday Schedule of CVASC in Sydney

Festival Date Day
New Year's Day January 1 Wednesday
Chinese New Year January 24 - 28 Friday - Tuesday
Easter Day April 10 - 13 Friday - Monday
International Labor Day May 1 Friday
Queen's Birthday June 8 Monday
Dragon Boat Festival June 25 Thursday
Chinese National Day October 1 - 5 Thursday - Monday
Christmas Day December 25 - 28 Friday - Monday

 Recommended tours:
China Tours from Australia
China Tours from Sydney
- Last modified on Dec. 31, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on China Consulate in Sydney
Asked by Lata Skola from AUSTRALIA | Jan. 19, 2020 12:00Reply
How much is the Visa application fees
Answers (1)
Answered by Brenda from AUSTRALIA | Jan. 19, 2020 18:54

If you are an Australian, and you apply from the China Visa Center in Sydney, the visa application fee is AUD 109.5 for a single entry visa.
Asked by Pamela Epul from AUSTRALIA | Dec. 17, 2019 03:15Reply
Tourist visa for a chilean
I am going to travel to China as a tourist in February 2020, around 25 days.
I am Chilean living in Sydney.
What is the process I need to do to get a tourist visa? Thank you
Answers (2)
Answered by Helen from AUSTRALIA | Dec. 17, 2019 19:44

First, prepare all the documents including your passport, application form, photo, residence permit in Sydney, and round-trip tickets and hotel bookings. Second, make an appointment on the website of the CVASC in Sydney. If you don't wanna do this, skip this step. Third, go to the CVASC in Sydney to submit the required documents.
Answered by Pamela from AUSTRALIA | Dec. 17, 2019 22:49

Thank you so much for your answer, I have booked my appointment.
Asked by Asenath Taylor from AUSTRALIA | Nov. 13, 2019 04:28Reply
Chinese Visa for Tourism
I am travelling by train from Central Coast.
Can I lodge my application at your Chinese Consul General for a Tourism Visa?
If yes, do I need to make an appointment or can I just turn up?
Answers (1)
Answered by Bell from AUSTRALIA | Nov. 13, 2019 19:21

Asenath, you need to lodge your application at the respective CVASC in your residence area.

You can either make an appointment or just turn up.
Asked by Julie from AUSTRALIA | Nov. 04, 2019 19:24Reply
Which visa do I need?
I am an Australian citizen and will be on a cruise ship that is travelling from Japan, stopping next at Tianjin port (for Beijing) for a day, then sailing to Shanghai, stopping for a day, then sailing to Hong Kong.
I would like to get off in each Chinese port.
Do I qualify for either the 72 or 144 hour TWOV or do I need to get a Tourist visa?
Julie from Sydney
Answers (1)
Answered by Nelson from CANADA | Nov. 05, 2019 22:11

Julie, you need to get a visa because you stop in both Beijing and Shanghai, which goes against the rules of 72 or 144 hours TWOV.
Asked by Mel Healy from AUSTRALIA | Nov. 03, 2019 02:06Reply
Travelling for business mother accompanying
Hi there, I am travelling to Shanghai for work (I'm a journalist on a story trip) and my mother is joining me. Does she apply for a tourist visa and me a business visa (I have a letter of invitation for us both).
Also for the rush service if submitted before noon when will the visa be ready, the next day or the same day?
Thank you in advance.
Answers (1)
Answered by Cook from AUSTRALIA | Nov. 03, 2019 23:45

Your mother can either apply for a business or tourist visa.
If you use the rush service and submit before 12 o'clock noon, you can get the visa on the next day.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)