China Consulate in Perth, Australia

 Visa Application Form of PRC   Visa Fees

Consul General: Ms. Dong Zhihua
Address: 45 Brown Street, East Perth, W.A .6004, Australia
Mail Address: P.O. Box 6831, East perth, WA 6892
Tel: +61-8-92216144
Fax: +61-8-93254598
Office Hours: 09:00-12:30, 14:30-17:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)


Consular Office of Chinese Consulate in Perth

Tel: +61-8-92216144 (Mannual Service during 9:00-12:00, 14:30-17:00 in workdays)  
Office hours: 09:00-12:00 Monday-Friday (except holidays) 

China Visa Application Service Center (CVASC)

CVASC in Perth has operated from 15th July 2013. Applications from ordinary passport holders should be submitted to the CVASC. The Consulate-General stopped accepting ordinary applications any more. Online appointment is encouraged.

Detailed information about the CVASC:
Address: Ground Floor, 256 Adelaide Terrace, Perth WA 6000 (Entrance via Victoria Ave)
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 3090, East Perth, WA 6892
Tel: +61-8-9220-3800
Fax: +61-8-9221-1888
Email Address:
Office Hours: 09:00-15:00, Monday - Friday
Note: Urgent applications should be submitted to the Center before 12:00 noon. 

Please note that applicants holding diplomatic, service or official passport, or who are qualified to apply for the diplomatic, service, or courtesy visa, or who apply for Hong Kong SAR visa/entry permit, Chinese passport, travel document, notarization or legalization should still submit the application directly to the Consulate-General as usual without making online appointment.


Method of application, payment and time for processing

1. Applicants can submit their applications to the CVASC in person or entrust someone or a travel agency to submit on their behalf.

2. Regular processing time takes 4 working days. The Center offers express service and rush service. 

3. Mail service is available and it needs 10 working days for processing. No Express Service.  

4. Online appointment is recommended at CVASC's website. 

5. Applicants are required to pay when collecting passport. Cash, money order, company cheque, debit card, and credit card (Visa and Master card) are acceptable. However, for mail service, cash is not acceptable.


2021 Holiday Schedule of the CVASC in Perth

Festival Date Day
New Year's Day January 1 Friday
Australia Day January 26 Tuesday
Chinese New Year February 11 - 15 Thursday - Monday
Labor Day (WA) March 1 Monday
Good Friday April 2 Friday
Easter Monday April 5 Monday
Anazc Day April 26 Monday
International Labor Day May 3 Monday
Western Australia Day June 7 Monday
Mid-Autumn Festival  September 20 - 21 Monday - Tuesday
Queen's Birthday (WA) September 27 Monday
Chinese National Day October 1 - 5 Friday - Tuesday
Christmas & Boxing Day December 27 - 28 Monday - Tuesday

 Recommended tours:
China Tours from Australia
China Tour from Perth
- Last modified on Jan. 27, 2021 -
Questions & Answers on China Consulate in Perth
Asked by Lynne Harman from SHANGHAI PUDONG AIRPORT (PVG) | Feb. 11, 2020 15:52Reply
is there refund for rentry visas if trip canceled
Answers (1)
Answered by Monica from AUSTRALIA | Feb. 11, 2020 19:14

Sorry, but no refund for visas.
Asked by Stephen Lim from AUSTRALIA | Jul. 08, 2019 01:21Reply
My Australian passport expire 9th Jan 2022. My passport have only 4 empty pages left
Do I need a new passport to apply for a Chinese Visa? I am touring China (chartered tour, Scenic Luxury Cruises and Tours) from 9th Oct to 3rd November 2019
Answers (1)
Answered by Serena from USA | Jul. 08, 2019 20:14

Dear, as I know, you don't need to apply for a new passport.
Asked by Stojan Lemut from AUSTRALIA | Jun. 26, 2019 02:37Reply
What is a passport validity requirement – 6 months before entry or 6 months after return from China?
Answers (1)
Answered by Nancy from USA | Jun. 26, 2019 20:31

You just need to have at least 6 months remaining validity when applying.
Asked by Christine Kipping from AUSTRALIA | Jun. 25, 2019 00:38Reply
Do I need a visa for a four day visit to shanghai prior to a cruise?
Answers (1)
Answered by Andrew from CANADA | Jun. 25, 2019 00:59

Christine, if you fly from country A to Shanghai, tour for four days, and then board the cruise to country C, it's possible to use the 144h visa-free transit. The condition is that you should come from one of the 53 eligible countries and you don't have any other landing in mainland China.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)