China Embassy in Australia

 Visa Application Form of PRC
  Procedure and Fee for Application

Ambassador: Mr. Ma Chaoxu
Address: 15 Coronation Drive, Yarralumla, ACT 2600, Canberra
Tel: +61-2-62283999
Fax: +61-2-62283990

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Australia

Tel: +61-2-62283998
Fax: +61-2-62283993
Telephone Inquiry Hours: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-16:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

Consular Districts of the Embassy/Consulates

Consulate General Consular Jurisdiction
Embassy of PRC in Canberra Capital Territory (Canberra District), South Australia, North Territory
Consulate General of PRC in Brisbane Queensland
Consulate General of PRC in Melbourne Victoria, Tasmania
Consulate General of PRC in Perth Western Australia
Consulate General of PRC in Sydney New South Wales

Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC) 

In order to provide a better service for the applicants, the embassy of PRC in Canberra, and General Consulates in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth have introduced the CVASC. Applications from all ordinary passport holders should be submitted to the center:

Note: Applicants holding Diplomatic, Service or Official passport, or who are qualified to apply for the Diplomatic, Service, or Courtesy visa , or who apply for Hong Kong or Macao  visa/entry permit, Chinese passport/Travel Document, Notarization or Authentication should still submit the application directly to the Consulate General as usual and don't have to make online appointment.

Detailed information about the CVASC: 

Address: Suite 201, Level 2, Canberra House, 40 Marcus Clarke Street, Canberra, ACT 2600
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1862, Canberra, ACT 2601
Tel: +61-2-62797800
Fax: +61-2-62472888
Office Hours: 09:00 - 15:00, Monday - Friday (except public holidays)

Address: Level 5, 299 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
Mailing address: P.O. Box 20516 World Square NSW 2002
Tel: +61-2-94758800
Fax: +61-2-92612088

Address: Ground Floor, 570 ST Kilda RD., Melbourne, VIC 3004
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 7227, ST Kilda Rd., Melbourne, VIC 3004
Tel: +61-3-9937-2308 
Fax: +61-3-9937-2337, +61-3-9937-2338

Address: PART level 4, 140 Ann Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000;
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 12545 George Street, QLD 4003
Tel: +61-7-3031-6300
Fax: +61-7-3221-9388

Address: Ground Floor, 256 Adelaide Terrace, Perth WA 6000 (Entrance via Victoria Ave)
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 3090, East Perth, WA 6892
Tel: +61-8-9220-3800
Fax: +61-8-9221-1888

Major Types & Requirements


Tourist (L) It is issued to those who comes for tourism. Group L is available for tourists who travel on a group basis.
Business (F/M) F is issued to those who intend to go to China for exchanges, visits, study tours and other activities.
M is issued to those who intend to go there for commercial and trade activities.
Employment/Work (Z) It is issued to an alien who comes for a post, employment, or commercial performance.
Student (X)

It is issued to foreigners who come to study in China.

Family Reunion (Q) It is issued to those who are family members of Chinese citizens or of foreigners with Chinese permanent residence and intend to go to China for family reunion, or to those who intend to go there for the purpose of foster care.
Q1 grants a stay of more than 180 days, while Q2 allows a stay of no more than 180 days.
Private visit (S) it is issued to family members of foreigners with work Z and student X in China or visit for other private affairs.
Transit (G)

It is issued to a foreign citizen who is to transit through China on his or her way to a third country(or region).

Talent (R) It is issued to aliens who are high-level talents or whose skills are urgently needed in China.
Hong Kong SAR & Macao SAR Visa 1. Australia citizens are exempt from Hong Kong Visa if they go to Hong Kong for visit or sightseeing and they stay at Hong Kong for not more than 90 days.
2. Australia citizens are exempt from Macao Visa for up to 30 days.

 Procedure for Application at CVASC            Visa Fees

2018 Holiday Schedule of the CVASC in Canberra

Festival Date Day
New Year's Day January 1 Monday
Australia Day January 26 Friday
Chinese New Year February 15 -19 Thursday - Monday
Canberra Day March 12 Monday
Easter Day March 30 - April 2 Friday - Monday
Anazc Day April 25 Wednesday
International Labor Day May 1 Tuesday
Reconciliation Day May 28 Monday
Queen's Birthday June 11 Monday
Mid-Autumn Day September 24 Monday
Chinese National Day October 1 - 3 Monday - Wednesday
Christmas Day December 25 & 26 Tuesday & Wednesday

 Please contact Embassy of Australia in China if Australians are in troubles there.

 Recommended tours:
China Tour from Sydney Australia
China Tour from Melbourne Australia
China Tour from Brisbane Australia

 Other Chinese Embassies in Oceania:
Suva, Fiji, Kiribati, Micronesia, New Zealand
- Last modified on Jan. 21, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Australia
Asked by Rod from AUST. | Jan. 20, 2019 00:13Reply
From south Australia, where do we get our visa from?
Answers (1)
Answered by Compton | Jan. 21, 2019 00:51

You can apply from the visa office in CVASC.
Asked by Ailsa Kupsch from AUSTRALIA | Dec. 17, 2018 21:07Reply
Visa for Australians in China
Hi, We are Australian & will be on a cruise next year with Princess cruise ship "Southeast Asia & Japan", with a visit in China: Xiamen & Hongkong. Do we need entry permit?
Answers (1)
Answered by Wilder from HUNGARY | Dec. 17, 2018 22:51

You don't need a visa if your layover time in Xiamen is within 24 hours.
Asked by SIBIN DJURIC from SERBIA | Dec. 05, 2018 19:42Reply
i hold pasport from SERBIA
I would likto visit China Mainland
as im holding Serbian pasport
did i need entry permit if i want to stay up to 20 days
SO SERBIAN CITIZENS DI I REQUIRE VISA TO TRAVEL IN CHINA PLEASE ANSFER TO ME MY EMAILS . Regards i tray to call and ask Sydney office but very hard no ansfers
Answers (1)
Answered by Daley from SAN MARINO | Dec. 05, 2018 22:29

As I know, you can enjoy free entry to China for 30 days. Hence, no visa will be needed.
Asked by john from AUSTRALIA | Nov. 30, 2018 17:44Reply
we stay in china for 3 days do we need a visa.
HI we are travelling to china from Australia to bored and cruise ship for 14 days east Asian tour.
Answers (1)
Answered by Quinn from EGYPT | Dec. 03, 2018 11:59

Could you please tell me your travel itinerary?
Asked by Ian from AUSTRALIA | Nov. 15, 2018 17:15Reply
Visit to Guangzhou from Hong Kong via train to visit friend
I am an Australian citizen and I intend to take the train from Hong Kong to Guangzhou to visit a friend for 2 nights to have a look around Friday to Sunday getting train back to Hong Kong. Do I still need a visa for this? I will stay with my friend in Guangzhou
Answers (1)
Answered by Ugo | Nov. 15, 2018 19:51

Yes, you need a visa for the trip.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)