China Consulate in Melbourne, Australia

 Visa Application Form of PRC
 Procedure for Application at CVASC/by Post
 Visa Fees

Consul General: Mr. Song Yumin
Address: 75-77 Irving Road, Toorak, VIC 3142, Melbourne
Tel: +61-3-98246450
Fax: +61-3-98220606
Office Hours: 08:30-12:30, 14:00-17:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

Consular Office of Chinese Consulate in Melbourne

Address: 534 Toorak Road, Toorak VIC 3142, Melbourne
Tel: +61-3-98220604, +61-3-98043683
Fax: +61-3-98246340
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Consular Districts: Victoria, Tasmania 

Chinese Visa Application Service Centre (CVASC)

The Centre started its operation in Melbourne from April, 2010.  Applications from all ordinary passport holders should be submitted to the CVASC directly. CVASC will also handle applications from the Consulate General and return processed applications. 

If you hold Diplomatic/Service/Official Passport, or you want to apply for Hong Kong, Macau Visa/Entry Permit, Chinese Passport, Chinese Travel Permit, Notarization or Authentication, you can still submit application directly to the Consulate in Melbourne.

Detailed information about the CVASC in Melbourne:
Address: Ground Floor, 570 ST Kilda Rd., Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia  
Nearest Tram Station: Beatrice Street (Moubray St. & St. Kilda Rd.)
Tram Routes:  3, 5, 6, 16, 64, 67 
Tel: +61-3-9937-2308 
Fax: +61-3-9937-2337, +61-3-9937-2338
Business Hours: 9:00-15:00 (Monday - Friday)  
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 7227, ST Kilda Rd., Melbourne, VIC 3004

2020 Holiday Schedule of CVASC in Melbourne

Festival Date Day
New Year's Day January 1 Wednesday
Chinese New Year January 24 - 28 Friday - Tuesday
Labor Day (VIC) March 9 Monday
Good Friday April 10 Friday
Easter Monday April 13 Monday
International Labor Day May 1 Friday
Queen's Birthday June 8 Monday
Friday before the AFL Grand Final September 25 Friday
Chinese National Day & Mid-Autumn Festival October 1 - 6 Thursday - Tuesday
Melbourne Cup Day November 3 Tuesday
Christmas Day December 25 Friday
Boxing Day December 28 Monday

 Recommended tours:
China Tours from Australia
China Tour from Melbourne
- Last modified on Dec. 30, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on China Consulate in Melbourne
Asked by Kay Eales from AUSTRALIA | Jan. 15, 2020 14:58Reply
I am visiting China & Hong Kong with a Princess Cruise, do l need Visas. I am an Australian citizen
Answers (3)
Answered by Linda from NEW ZEALAND | Jan. 15, 2020 18:49

May I know what the cruise route is?
Answered by KAY EALES from AUSTRALIA | Jan. 16, 2020 04:01

Flying MELB to Sing then Sing to Shanghai
Then Cruise for 16 nights Singapore, Busan Sth Korea,Kagoshima Japan, HualienTaiwan, Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam, Bangkok Thailand, Ko Samui Thailand, Singapore
Is this all you need or do you require dates too ?
Answered by Linda | Jan. 16, 2020 17:19

Well, as you will enter Shanghai from Singapore and then leave for Singapore, you will need a visa for mainland China. In Hong Kong, you can enjoy visa-free policy.
Asked by r. mccarthy from AUSTRALIA | Jan. 07, 2020 20:50Reply
cruise to/from sydney do require visa for day trip on cruise tour to macao from hong kong?
Answers (1)
Answered by Mark from AUSTRALIA | Jan. 07, 2020 21:49

If you are an Australian passport holder, then visa is not required.
Asked by Devashish Poudel from AUSTRALIA | Nov. 28, 2019 22:22Reply
I am a Nepalese National and Australian Permanent Resident. Do I need a transit visa ?
Answers (1)
Answered by Devashish from AUSTRALIA | Nov. 28, 2019 22:24

I am changing planes from Qantas to Cathay Dragon at hongkong
Asked by Amanda McCarthy from AUSTRALIA | Oct. 30, 2019 16:08Reply
Do I need a visa to visit China from Hong long for one day?
Do I need a visa to visit China from hong kong for one day - no nights?

Thank you
Answers (1)
Answered by Shirley from UNITED KINGDOM | Oct. 31, 2019 00:00

You may or may not, depending on your itinerary. See if you can arrange the route like Hong Kong - a mainland city - Macau, to be eligible for the visa-free transit scheme.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)