Chinese Embassy in Fiji

Ambassador: Mr. Zhou Jian
Address: 183 Queen Elizabeth Drive, Nasese, Suva, Fiji
Switchboard: +679-3300215
Fax: +679-3300950

Consular Office

Tel: +679-3300215-8006, 14:00 - 17:00 on working days and 08:30 - 12:00 on Tuesday and Thursday except for holidays
Office Hours: 09:30 am to 12:00 am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday except legal festivals and holidays.

30-Day Visa Free Entry

Travelers to China can stay for less than 30 days without a visa but they need to have an onward flight ticket to a third country or a return ticket in case of inspection. If one needs to go to China for study, working, settlement or media activities, visa is required no matter how long it will stay.

Visa Fee (FJ$)

Type Citizen of Fiji Citizen of Other Countries
Single Entry 23 45
Double Entry 34 68
Multipe Entries (6 months) 45 90
Multipe Entries (12 months) 68 135
Hong Kong Visa 60 60
Express Service 40 40
Rush Service 60 60
 1. Effectiive from Dec. 11, 2023 to Dec. 31, 2024.
2. The express service takes 2-3 working days and the rush service takes only one day.

Relations with China

Fiji established diplomatic relations at ambassadorial level with China on November 5, 1975. In the next year, China established embassy and accredit ambassador. From 1982, the Fijian ambassador to Japan also accredit to China. The bilateral relations get along swimmingly. 


The education is more developed than other island countries in South Pacific. Every child in the country is entitled to free education at primary school. The enrolment rate for children of school age reaches 98 percent. Every year, the educational appropriations accounts for 15 percent of government budget. The major universities are the University of Fiji and the University of the South Pacific. The latter is managed by various countries in the South Pacific.

 Please contact Embassy of Fiji in China if Fijians are in problems there.

 Related Chinese Embassies in Oceania: Kiribati, MicronesiaNew Zealand

Selected Questions and Answers:

 Asked by Mr. Ramesh
I am planning to transit through Hong Kong on my way to London. Do I need a transit visa?

 Answered by Ms. Anne
Fiji passport holders are exempt from visa to Hk for 90 days, so you don't need any for your stopover at HK. 

  Asked by Mr. ratnesh
We are a business man trading as tabua civil & timber supplies we wish to travel in the PRC for business intent to do buying of civil products and portable timber sawmill we also got a invitation letter from a Chinese vortex co ltd  who is hosting us in China. Please advice the procedures how to apply for visa and the steps what to follow

 Answered by Ms.HELPER(Canada)
The company should apply for an original notification letter at the Foreign Affairs Office or Committee of Foreign Economic Relations and Trade, then send it to you. After you have the Invitation Letter from the company and the notification, you can take these documents along to go to the consular office of the Embassy for application, including your original passport, completed Application Form of PRC, hotel reservation and two-way flight tickets. If it’s inconvenient for you to submit the application in person, you may also entrust a travel agent on your behalf.

- Last updated on Mar. 26, 2024 by Gabby Li -
Questions & Answers on Chinese Embassy in Fiji
Asked by Go-pal from AUSTRALIA | Mar. 23, 2024 13:11Reply
Tourist visa for China on Fiji passport
Hi, I am planning to travel to China for 5 days as a tourist on a fiji passport. Do I need a visa? I have a fiji passport with a NZ Permanent residence but live in Australia on a temporary visa.
Answers (1)
Answered by Joshua | Mar. 26, 2024 02:59

You don't need a visa to China holding a Fiji passport.
Asked by Meng Min from FIJI | Jun. 07, 2021 19:08Reply
I am currently working here in Fiji on a work permit with a chinese passport
I am wanting to travel back to China but will have to go with Fiji Airways repatriation flight through Auckland, New Zealand. Do i still need to have a transit visa?
Answers (1)
Answered by Chloe | Jun. 07, 2021 21:02

As far as I know, passengers with Chinese passports do not need a transit visa to transfer at Fuji, but you's better check whether you will need any other documents during this particular pandemic.
Asked by Unaisi Stephens from FIJI | Jun. 08, 2020 16:21Reply
Hong Kong visa
My husband is a permanent shore based marine engineer in Hong Kong . We want to stay together as a family in Hong Kong , help me please...what's the requirements needed we from Fiji planning for a longer stay in Hong Kong.

Answers (1)
Answered by Betty from USA | Jun. 10, 2020 23:31

Please browse the website of HK Immigration Department. There is much information for your reference.
Asked by Ko from FIJI | Jun. 06, 2020 00:13Reply
Studying in China
How much do we have to pay for a 4 year course study in China
Answers (1)
Answered by Alston from UAE | Jun. 08, 2020 00:43

It depends on which city you will be in. Generally, you need to prepare at least CNY 10,000 for each year.
Asked by Vika from FIJI | Feb. 13, 2020 20:19Reply
Hi. I Wanna apply for business visa to China. What all do I need?
Answers (1)
Answered by Amy from USA | Feb. 17, 2020 18:03

You need to prepare a passport, a filled out application form attached with a recent passport size photo, and an invitation letter from your business partner in China.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)