Embassy & Consulates of Australia in China
Embassy of the Commonwealth of Australia in Beijing
Ambassador: H.E.Graham Fletcher
Address: No.21, Dongzhimenwai Dajie, San Li Tun, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100600
Fax: +86-10- 51404230
Office Hours: 08:30-17:00 (Mon.-Fri. except public holidays)
Services for Australians in China
Tel for Emergencies: (+86)10 5140 4111
Office Hours: 08:30-12:30, 13:30-17:00 (Mon.-Fri. except public holidays)
1. In case of emergencies after working hours, please call the telephone and follow the recorded instructions.
2. If Australians need help or advice, they can visit the consular office of the embassy or consulate nearest to them during the office hours without an appointment.
Assistance that Consular Officials can provide for Australians in China
1. Issue emergent passports with a limited validity or travel documents if your passport is lost or stolen.
2. Provide help when something urgent has come up, such as natural disasters, civil disorder, an accident, serious illness or death.
3. Notify your kin when you have an accident in China.
4. Provide the latest travel advice.
5. Offer limited financial assistance in real emergencies, which is a small repayable loan. 6. Provide a list of lawyers and make visits to prison if you are arrested in China.
7. Witness and certify signatures.
If passport is lost or stolen in China , what they can do?
1. Report the loss of passport as soon as possible to the Embassy or Consulates in Guangzhou and Shanghai.
2. Get an official Lost Passport Report from the Police Station nearest to you.
3. Immediately apply for a new Australian passport to replace the lost one. They are required to provide a filled-in Application for an Australian Passport Overseas Form (PC8) with two standard passport photos, and submit the application during 8:30 am-12:00 noon, 1:30 pm-4:30 pm in working days. The passport fees are changeable on a monthly basis and only Chinese RMB is acceptable.
Consular Districts of the Embassy in Beijing:
Municipalities of Beijing, Chongqing, Tianjin; Autonomous Regions of Xinjiang, Inner Mongolia, Ningxia and Tibet; Provinces of Yunnan, Shandong, Sichuan, Shanxi, Shaanxi, Qinghai, Liaoning, Jilin, Henan, Heilongjiang, Hebei, Guizhou and Gansu.
Consulate General of the Commonwealth of Australia in Guangzhou
Consul-General Name: Mr. Michael Sadleir
Address: 11 & 12/F, Development Centre, No. 3 Linjiang Road, Zhujiang New City
Postal Code: 510623
Tel: (+86)20 3814 0111
Fax: (+86)20 3814 0112
Office Hours: 08:30 - 17:00 (Mon.- Fri.)
Consular Regions: Fujian Province, Guangdong Province, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, Hainan Province, Hunan Province
Consulate General of the Commonwealth of Australia in Shanghai
Consul-General Name: Mr. Dominic Trindade
Address: Level 21, CITIC Square, No.1168 Nanjing West Road, Shanghai
Postal Code: 200041
Tel: (+86)21 6103 5656
Fax: (+86)21 6321 1222
Consular Regions: Shanghai Municipality, Jiangsu Province, Zhejiang Province, Anhui Province, Jiangxi Province and Hubei Province
Public Holidays during 2021:
|January 1||Friday||New Year's Day|
|February 11 - 16||Thursday - Tuesday||Chinese New Year|
|February 11 - 16||Friday||Good Friday|
|April 2 - 5||Friday - Monday||Easter|
|June 14||Monday||Dragon Boat Festival|
|October 1 - 5||Friday - Tuesday||Chinese National Day|
|December 24 - 28||Friday - Tuesday||Christmas Day|
Please contact China Embassy in Australia if Australians will go to China.
China Tours from Australia
China Tour from Sydney
China Tour from Brisbane
China Tour from Melbourne
China Tour from Canberra
China Tour from Perth