China Embassy in Spain

 Visa Application Form of PRC

Ambassador: Mr. Lyu Fan
Address: Calle Arturo Soria, 113, 28043 Madrid
Tel: +34-91-5194242
Fax: +34-91-5192035

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Spain

Address: C/Josefa Valcárcel 40, 1a planta 1, 28027 Madrid
Tel: +34-91-7414728 (including manual service at 15:30-17:30 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
Fax: +34-91-7414793
Office Hours: 09:30 -12:30, Monday to Friday (except holidays) 

Consular Districts

Andalucia, Aragon, Asturias, Baleares, Vasco, Canarias, Cantabria, Castilla y Leon, Castilla La Mancha, Extremadura, Galicia, Madrid, Murcia, Navarra, La Rioja, Valencia 

Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC) in Madrid

CVASC in Madrid has been in operation since 22nd July, 2011. Ordinary passport holders should go to CVASC for application. The Consular Office of the embassy won't accept application from ordinary passport holders. However, applicants of diplomatic/official/service passport holders and applicants of Hong Kong /Macau visa can still submit application directly to the embassy.

Detailed Information of CVASC in Madrid

Address: C/Agustín de foxá No. 29, 4°piso A, 28046 Madrid
Tel: 0034-913145918
Fax: 0034-917321959
Office Hours: Monday - Friday (except for public holidays)
Application Time: 09:00 to 15:00
Pick-up Time: 09:00 to 16:00

The Map of the Embassy

Address of the Embassy: Calle Arturo Soria, 113, 28043 Madrid
Address of Consular Office: C/Josefa Valcárcel 40, 1a planta 1, 28027 Madrid.

Transport: Please take Subway No. 4, 6, 7, 9 to Avenida de América, and then transfer to Bus No. 114, 115 and get off at Josefa Valcárcel.



Consulate-General of the PRC in Barcelona

Consul General: Mr. Yan Banghua  
Address: No.34 Av.Tibidabo, Barcelona
Tel: +34-93-2541199
Fax: +34-93-2127718

Consular Office

Address: Carrer de lleó XIII, No.34, Barcelona
Tel: +34-93-2547070 or 4342950
Fax: +34-93-2118794 or 2127718
Office Hours: 09:30 -13:30, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday (except holidays)
Consular Districts: Catalonia Region including Barcelona Province, Lleida Province, Girona Province and Tarragona Province

The Map of the Consulate

Address: Av.Tibidabo, No.34, 08022, Barcelona


Fees (in EUR)

Citizens of Schengen Countries

Types Regular Express Rush Postal
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 126.55 175.75 197.85 162.85

US citizens

Types Regular Express Rush Postal
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 186.55 235.75 257.85 222.85


Types Regular Express Rush Postal
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 136.55 185.75 207.85 172.85


Types Regular Express Rush Postal
3-month Single Entry 121.55 170.75 192.85 157.85
6-month Double Entry 141.55 190.75 212.85 177.85
6-month Multi-Entry 181.55 230.75 252.85 217.85
12-month Multi-Entry 181.55 230.75 252.85 217.85

Citizens of Other Countries

Types Regular Express Rush Postal
3-month Single Entry 106.55 155.75 177.85 142.85
6-month Double Entry 126.55 175.75 197.85 162.85
6-month Multi-Entry 146.55 195.75 217.85 182.85
12-month Multi-Entry 186.55 235.75 257.85 222.85

1. The regular processing time is 5 working days; express service takes 3 working days; rush service takes 2 working days; postal service takes 10 working days.
2. This  CVASC accepts cash, and local bank debit card. You need to make your payment  through remittance if using postal service. The CVASC staff will inform you of the amount of payment when your passport is ready for return.

 Please contact Embassy of Spain in PRC if Spanishes are in problems there.
 China Tour from Madrid Spain
 Related Chinese Embassies in Europe: Stockholm, Sweden, Switzerland, Chinese Embassy in Ukraine

- Last modified on Jan. 29, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Spain
Asked by Alonso from NETHERLANDS | Jan. 29, 2019 02:06Reply
Dutch going from Spain to China
I am from Holland and I am traveling to China from Spain in less then an month. I am going to visit some acquaintances/family. Therefore, I wont have a hotel reservation document as I will be staying with them. Do I need to bring anything else then?
Answers (1)
Answered by Vaughan from DENMARK | Jan. 29, 2019 17:42

You can ask them to send you an invitation letter, and in this case they don't need to bring the hotel reservation.
Asked by Ali from SPAIN | Dec. 13, 2018 08:29Reply
Need to attast my docoments
Hi there I need to attast my passport photo copy and police certificate from china embassy in Madrid.where can I go and what should I need to bring with me.thanks
Answers (2)
Answered by Nick from UKRAINE | Dec. 13, 2018 18:55

You should first get it notarized by the local notary public and the Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Spain; and then go to the embassy of China to get that attested; the required documents include your passport and its copy, the application form for attestation, and your police certificate and the copy.
Answered by Ali from SPAIN | Dec. 14, 2018 03:48

Asked by Paully from THAILAND | Mar. 05, 2018 11:17Reply
Thai citizen with Schengen visa to China for tourism
I am a Thai citizen, currently holding Schengen Visa. I'll be travelling on Tran-Siberian train through China in May. I have some questions here:

1) Can I apply for China Tourist L in Barcelona instead of Madrid?
2) How long does it take from making an appointment to final approval?
3) If I can't pick up the result myself, can it be shipped by post to other European country?
Answers (1)
Answered by Nancy from BELGIUM | Mar. 05, 2018 20:58

1) You should make the application from the CVASV in Madrid.
2) It usually takes four working days for the processing after you submit the application.
3) The result could be shipped by post to other European country. But I cannot guarantee that. You can contact the CVASC to ask this.
Asked by David Haste from NEW ZEALAND | Feb. 25, 2018 10:48Reply
New Zealander traveling in Spain and going to China, how do I get a Chinese Visa.
Hi there, Myself and my wife are travelling in Europe at the moment. We are flying to China via Madrid in April and need to apply for entry permit for china. Can we do so in Madrid and if so how long does it take?
Answers (1)
Answered by Emma from HUNGARY | Feb. 26, 2018 00:36

It's possible for you to make the application from the CVASC in Madrid, and it usually needs five working days to process the application. If you go to China for sightseeing purpose, first, you need to provide a filled-out application form affixed with passport-style photo, your passport and its photocopy, valid entry permit to Spain, round trip air tickets and hotel reservation. Next, submit the application to the CVASC.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)