China Embassy in Sweden

 Visa Application Form of PRC

Ambassador: Mr. Gui Congyou
Address: Lidovagen 8, 115 25 Stockholm, Sweden
Tel: +46-8-57936416
Fax: +46-8-57936427

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Sweden

Address: Djurgårdsbrunnsvägen 40, 115 27 Stockholm
Tel: +46-0-760174441 (available between 13:30-17:30 on working days)
Fax: +46-8-57936452
Office Hours: 09:00-11:30, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

Consular Districts: Stockholms, Uppsala, Södermanlands, Västmanlands, Östergötlands, Kalmar, Gotlands, Örebro, Dalarnas, Gävleborgs, Jämtlands, Västernorrlands Västerbottens, Norrbottens

Notice for application

CVASC (Chinese Visa Application Service Center) is responsible for receiving applications for visiting mainland PRC from ordinary passport holders who are Sweden citizens and citizens of other countries.

For people who apply for Diplomatic/Service/Courtesy Visa, or visit Hong Kong/Macao, they should still submit their application to the embassy in Stockholm directly.

Detail Information of CVASC in Stockholm
Office Hours: 09:00-15:00 (Visa Application); 09:00-16:00 (Payment and Collection)
Address: Karlavägen 108, Stockholm
Tel: 08-12201166
Fax: 08-12201167

Detail Information of CVASC in Gothenburg

Office Hours: 09:00-15:00 (Visa Application); 09:00-16:00 (Payment and Collection)
Address: Folkungagatan 14-18, 41102, Gothenburg
Tel: 031-7305866
Fax: 031-7305867

Fees (in SEK)

Citizens of Schengen Countries

Types Regular Express Rush Postal
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 1,230 1,685 1,910 1,580

US citizens

Types Regular Express Rush Postal
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 1,850 2,305 2,530 2,200


Types Regular Express Rush Postal
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 1,320 1,775 2,000 1,670


Types Regular Express Rush Postal
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 670 1,125 1,350 1,020


Types Regular Express Rush Postal
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 890 1,345 1,570 1,240


Types Regular Express Rush Postal
3-month Single Entry 1,300 1,755 1,980 1,650
6-month Double Entry 1,520 1,975 2,200 1,870
6-month Multi-Entry 1,950 2,405 2,630 2,300
12-month Multi-Entry 1,950 2,450 2,630 2,300

Citizens of Other Countries

Types Regular Express Rush Postal
3-month Single Entry 980 1,435 1,660 1,330
6-month Double Entry 1,150 1,605 1,830 1,500
6-month Multi-Entry 1,310 1,765 1,990 1,660
12-month Multi-Entry 1,640 2,095 2,320 1,990

1. The regular service takes 4 working days; express service takes 3 working days; rush service takes 2 working days; postal service takes 7 working days.
2. This CVASC accepts cash, debit card and credit dard. You should make the payment visa the bankgiro system or make a transfer to the bank account.  You will be informed about the amount of payment when your passport is ready for return.


Consulate-General of the PRC in Gothenburg

Consul General: Ms. Zhang Weihua
Address: Grönsakstorget 3, Göteborg. (Kinas Generalkonsulat, Box 11294, 40426 Göteborg)
Tel: +46-031-842445 (available between 13:30-14:30 from Monday to Thursday, except holidays)
Fax: +46-031-842341
Consular Office
Office Hours: 09:00-11:30, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

Consular Districts: Värmland, Jönköping, Kronoberg, Blekinge, Skåne, Halland, Västra Götabland

The Map of the Consulate

Address: Grönsakstorget 3, Göteborg

Transport: Take Tram No. 1, 6, 9, 11, Bus No. 16. 40, 48 and get off at Grönsakstorge, then walk eastward 50 meters (54.68 yards).


1. Please use Registered Envelope if you send application by post. Each envelope contains not more than 5 passports.
2. The required documents for applying an 'L' must be well prepared.
3. The regular fee and handling service fee should be in one Company Check or Money Order. The payee is 'Consulate-General of the PRC in Gothenburg'.
4. A self-addressed, pre-paid return envelope with sufficient postage should be provided. Please write your name and telephone as the SENDER instead of the Consulate on the envelope.
5. Usually, the applications by post can't apply for the expedited service.
6. Applications for different types of visa should be in different envelopes.
7. The consulate is not responsible for the loss or damage to mail.

 Please contact Embassy of Sweden in PRC if Swedes are in problems there.
 China Tour from Stockholm Sweden
 Related Chinese Embassies in Europe: Ukraine, United Kingdom, Tirana, Albania

- Last updated on Aug. 16, 2022 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Sweden
Asked by Yosief from SWEDEN | Apr. 25, 2019 03:08Reply
Hello, i need information about all the requried documents for visa application to visit China.
I am a Swedish citizen who want to visit China (Beijing) being invited by a company for a work shop(training).
Answers (1)
Answered by Kerry from UNITED KINGDOM | Apr. 28, 2019 00:00

Well, an M type visa will suit your needs. The required documents include your passport, which should be valid for at least six months, a fully completed application form attached with your recent bareheaded photo, and an invitation letter from the company.
Asked by adam from IRAQ | Mar. 11, 2019 10:12Reply
visa application. Thanks for your time
dear Sirs . As I am a Swedish passport holder and currently living in Iraq, I would like to travel to china from Iraq. unfortunately I am unable to get the entry visa from Iraq. My question is if I can apply for china entry permit from Turkey , Sweden , or other countries?

Answers (1)
Answered by Edith from KUWAIT | Mar. 11, 2019 22:57

It's possible for you to apply from the CVSAC in Sweden. You can have a try.
Asked by PAR from NORWAY | Mar. 05, 2019 09:13Reply
Citizen in Norway
I am a thai passport holder with a resident Permit in Norway, and have to urgently apply for a visa to China. The applications are fully booked in Oslo before im travelling. Is it possible to apply for a china entry permit in Stockholm?
Answers (1)
Answered by Natalie from SAN MARINO | Mar. 05, 2019 19:17

Maybe you can try to contact the visa office in Stockholm to inquire if you can apply in there.
Asked by Amal from MALAYSIA | Oct. 22, 2018 00:58Reply
Swedish national working in Malaysia
Dear Sirs,
Can i apply for a visa to China as a Swedish national working in Malaysia? What documents are required?
Answers (1)
Answered by Benson from FRANCE | Oct. 22, 2018 01:46

If you go to China for sightseeing purpose, you may need to prepare your passport and copy of its data page, the application form, passport-style photo, residence permit in there, round trip air tickets and hotel reservation.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)