China Embassy in Switzerland

 Visa Application Form of PRC

Ambassador: Mr. Wang Shiting 
Address: Kalcheggweg 10, 3006 Bern
Tel: +41-31-3527333
Fax: +41-31-3514573
Email: china-embassy@bluewin.ch

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Switzerland

Address: Lombachweg 23, 3006 Bern (Take bus No.19 and get off at Petruskirche)
Fax: +41-31-3518256
Email: visastelle@bluewin.ch
Office Hours: 09:00 - 12:00, Monday - Friday (except holidays) 

Consular Districts: Except the consular districts of Chinese Consulate in Zurich.

Important Notice about Application

1. Mail Applications will not be accepted. The embassy does not provide mail back service as well. If applicants can not visit the embassy in person, applications can also be lodged to the consular office by someone else (friends, relatives, or travel agencies) entrusted.
2. Appointment is not required. 
3. From October 8th, 2012, the embassy and consulate will no longer accept Cash as a mean of payment, please pay by MasterCard, Visa Electron, Diners Club/Discover, Union Pay or Maestro, V Pay, etc.


Please pay by cash when collecting passport.

Regular Fee per Person

Types Schengen Countries US Canada Serbia Romania Others
Single-Entry with 3-month Validity CHF 70 CHF 150 CHF 80 CHF 5 CHF 80 CHF 40
Double-Entry with 6-month Validity CHF 70 CHF 150 CHF 80 CHF 5 CHF 110 CHF 60
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity CHF 70 CHF 150 CHF 80 CHF 5 CHF 160 CHF 80
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity CHF 70 CHF 150 CHF 80 CHF 5 CHF 160 CHF 120

1. Citizens of Pakistan, Albania, Maldives, and Bosnia and Herzegovina can get Chinese visa for free.
2. For group applicants (at least 5 members) who apply for a group visa with invitation letter from a qualified travel agency, fee is 80% of the listed above per person. CHF 15 should be charged for the expedited service.  

Expedited Service Fee per Person

Normally, the processing time is 4 working days. For urgent cases, the expedited service is available. Moreover, additional fees will be paid as following:
1 working day processing CHF 40
2-3 working days processing CHF 30

 Note: From July 5th, 2012, the embassy and consulate have temporarily suspended the expedited  service for following countries based on reciprocal principle: 

Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Portugal, Spain, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Greece, Czech Republic, Esthonia, Austria

Besides, no expedited service for US and French passport holders will remain the same. 

Requirements for Application

1. Passport valid for at least 6 months with blank pages.
2. Application form with genuine information and signature. 
3. One passport photo attached to the application form.

For tourism, round-trip air tickets and hotel reservation are required. If visiting relative, invitation letter is required, as well as copies of inviter's work permit and residence permit, or copy of Chinese ID if Chinese.

For business, round-trip tickets, hotel reservation, original or copy of invitation letter are required. 

If applying to study, JW201 or JW202 and Admission Letter from Chinese university/college are required. 

If going for work, originals and copies of invitation letter and work permit are required.

2021 Holiday Schedule of the Embassy

Festival Date Day
New Year's Day January 1 Friday
Chinese New Year February 11 - 15 Thursday - Monday
International Labor Day May 3 Monday
Dragon Boat Festival June 14 Monday
Mid-Autumn Festival September 21 Tuesday
Chinese National Day October 1 - 5 Friday - Tuesday
Christmas Day December 24 Friday

 Please contact Embassy of Switzerland in PRC if Swisses have problems there.
 China Tour from Zurich Switzerland
 Related Chinese Embassies in Europe: Ukraine, United Kingdom, Tirana, Albania
- Last modified on Jan. 12, 2021 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Switzerland
Asked by Valerie from SWITZERLAND | Jan. 31, 2020 06:34Reply
Visa Fees
I'm Swiss citizen. I would like to travel to China in Summer. I'm actually confused about the visa fees. Does anyone know if the prices above (CHF 70.--) are still up-to-date? Or if the prices got increased and they forgot to change it on the web page. As far as I know a friend of mine paid much more last year to get the visa.
Thanks a lot for your help
Answers (2)
Answered by Rolisa from SWITZERLAND | Feb. 01, 2020 22:52

Dear, the web page is out of date now. You should pay CHF 188.5 for a China visa if applying from the CVASC. That's indeed much expensive than before.
Answered by President from SWITZERLAND | Feb. 03, 2020 03:49

Hey It can go up to 300 CHF... so be prepared to have a lot of cash on you .... I am from Switzerland too and I am in China at the moment. Be careful with the coronavirus and take some masks with you because it’s hard to find in China. add my Wechat: Newsmach ... if you need any help
Asked by President from SWITZERLAND | Jan. 23, 2020 07:49Reply
Getting Investment from China. None of the visa can suit my case
Hey, I wrote a question before but I realized the quality of my text was low. Blame my keyboard. Let’s rephrase it.

I am from Switzerland and I own a US CORP.
I am a high demanded person when it comes to investment in China. A lot of investors have demanded to see me with offers. My company is not incorporated in China and doesn’t plan to enter China. Most of my investors are shareholders and they don’t see me under an entity i.e using a company to see. Should I take a tourist visa since it’s the best option thing to do. Most of those investors are my friends. They can invest in my company after enjoy a trip in China. Tourist visa means I am on a trip to enjoy time. I really need help there.
Answers (1)
Answered by Jonno from USA | Feb. 02, 2020 18:23

Yes, you can apply for a tourist visa because it sounds more like a private affair and trip.
Asked by President from SWITZERLAND | Jan. 23, 2020 07:43Reply
Meet investors in China which investment should I take
A lot of investors wants to see me in China to invest in my company which is in USA. I believe a Business visa is not appropriate because investors are not essentially owners of a company. Is there any ways ? If not then I should a tourist visa since I am technically not doing any work within China. I am just visa Chinese friends who gets to kindly invest in my company as friends i.E investor. I don’t know I need help 😟😂
Answers (2)
Answered by Denny from CANADA | Feb. 01, 2020 22:47

Dear, in this case, a tourist visa will be perfect for you.
Answered by President from SWITZERLAND | Feb. 02, 2020 01:51

Dear, thanks for replying to my question on a Saturday. 😊
Asked by G S from RUSSIA | Nov. 28, 2019 01:04Reply
Where to apply?
I am a Russian citizen working in Geneva and living in France. I have both Swiss and French cards. Is it possible to get a visa for China in Geneva/Bern or would I have to go to Lyon since I reside is in France?
Answers (1)
Answered by Chris from NETHERLANDS | Dec. 01, 2019 22:57

If you don't have a long-term visa in Bern, you cannot apply from the visa center there. And there is no visa center in Geneva.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)