Embassy of the People's Republic of China in Switzerland
Visa Application Form of PRC
Ambassador: Ms. Xu Jinghu
Address: Kalcheggweg 10, 3006 Bern
Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Switzerland
Address: Lombachweg 23, 3006 Bern (Take bus No.19 and get off at Petruskirche)
Office Hours: 09:00 - 12:00, Monday - Friday (except holidays)
Consular Districts: Except the consular districts of Chinese Consulate in Zurich.
Important Notice about Application
1. Mail Applications will not be accepted. The embassy does not provide mail back service as well. If applicants can not visit the embassy in person, applications can also be lodged to the consular office by someone else (friends, relatives, or travel agencies) entrusted.
2. Appointment is not required.
3. From October 8th, 2012, the embassy and consulate will no longer accept Cash as a mean of payment, please pay by MasterCard, Visa Electron, Diners Club/Discover, Union Pay or Maestro, V Pay, etc.
Please pay by cash when collecting passport.
1. Regular Fee per Person
|Single-Entry with 3-month Validity||CHF 70||CHF 150||CHF 80||CHF 5||CHF 80||CHF 40|
|Double-Entry with 6-month Validity||CHF 70||CHF 150||CHF 80||CHF 5||CHF 110||CHF 60|
|Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity||CHF 70||CHF 150||CHF 80||CHF 5||CHF 160||CHF 80|
|Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity||CHF 70||CHF 150||CHF 80||CHF 5||CHF 160||CHF 120|
1. Citizens of Pakistan, Albania, Maldives, and Bosnia and Herzegovina can get Chinese visa for free.
2. For group applicants (at least 5 members) who apply for a group visa with invitation letter from a qualified travel agency, fee is 80% of the listed above per person. CHF 15 should be charged for the expedited service.
2. Expedited Service Fee per Person
Normally, the processing time is 4 working days. For urgent cases, the expedited service is available. Moreover, additional fees will be paid as following:
|1 working day processing||CHF 40|
|2-3 working days processing||CHF 30|
Note: From July 5th, 2012, the embassy and consulate have temporarily suspended the expedited service for following countries based on reciprocal principle:
Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Portugal, Spain, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Greece, Czech Republic, Esthonia, Austria
Besides, no expedited service for US and French passport holders will remain the same.
Requirements for Application
1. Passport valid for at least 6 months with blank pages.
2. Application form with genuine information and signature.
3. One passport photo attached to the application form.
For tourism, round-trip air tickets and hotel reservation are required. If visiting relative, invitation letter is required, as well as copies of inviter's work permit and residence permit, or copy of Chinese ID if Chinese.
For business, round-trip tickets, hotel reservation, original or copy of invitation letter are required.
If applying to study, JW201 or JW202 and Admission Letter from Chinese university/college are required.
If going for work, originals and copies of invitation letter and work permit are required.
2016 Holiday Schedule of the Embassy
|New Year's Day||January 1||Friday|
|Chinese New Year||February 8 - 10||Monday - Wednesday|
|Chinese Tomb Sweeping Day||April 4||Monday|
|International Labor Day||May 2||Monday|
|Dragon Boat Festival||June 9||Thursday|
|Mid-Autumn Festival||September 15||Thursday|
|Chinese National Day||October 3 - 5||Monday - Wednesday|
Please contact Embassy of Switzerland in PRC if Swisses have problems there.
China Tour from Zurich Switzerland
Related Chinese Embassies in Europe: Ukraine, United Kingdom, Tirana, Albania