China Consulate in Zurich, Switzerland
Visa Application Form of PRC
Consul General: Ms. Mao Jingqiu
Address: Bellariastrasse 20, CH-8002 Zurich, Switzerland
Tel: +41-44-2011005 (Duty Phone)
+41-44-2091518 (Administrative Office)
+41-44-2058421 (Protocol Office)
Office Hours: 08:30-12:00, 14:30-18:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Consular Section of Chinese Consulate in Switzerland
Tel: +41-44-2091500 (available between 15:00-17:00 on Tuesday and Friday except holidays)
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
|2019 Public Holidays of China Consulate in Zurich|
|New Year's Day||Tuesday||January 1|
|Chinese New Year||Monday - Wednesday||February 4 - 6|
|International Labor Day||Wednesday||May 1|
|Swiss National Day||Thursday||August 1|
|Chinese National Day||Monday - Wednesday||September 30 - October 2|
|Christmas Day||Wednesday & Thursday||December 25 & 26|
No matter what kind they apply for, they are charged CHF 150.
For Canadians Citizens:
No matter what kind they apply for, they are charged CHF 80.
For Serbian Citizens:
No matter what kind they apply for, they are charged CHF 5.
For citizens of Pakistan, Albania, and Bosnia and Herzegovina: Free.
For Citizens of Other Countries (except the countries mentioned above):
CHF 80 for single-entry, CHF 100 for double-entry, CHF 130 for multi-entry with six months validity, CHF 190 for multi-entry with twelve months validity.
China Tour from Zurich Switzerland
Selected Questions and Answers:
Asked by Mrs. Kinoshita
1. Can I apply for a visa in Geneva or only in Berne?
2. Is it necessary to visit in person both to deposit the application and to pick it up? Or can it be returned by post?
3. Are there any special arrangements for diplomats?
Sorry for lots of questions. And thank you for providing this enquiry service - many Embassies don't!
Answered by Mr. Albert
1. You have to go to Berne for application.
2. You must visit the embassy to deposit the application and pick it up in person or entrust a friend or travel agency to do it for you. The embassy doesn’t accept mail application and they don't provide post-back service.
3. No, but you'd better confirm it with the Chinese embassy in Berne.
Asked by Mr. laurent
I am planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing in the end of the month , but nothing is confirmed yet, do I need a return flight booked and the hotel address where I will stay in shanghai to get a visa or I can just turn up in Bern and will get it on the day. Thank you for your answer
Answered by Mr. Warren
You have to get it in advance for your trip to Beijing and Shanghai.
The round-way air tickets and confirmed hotel booking are necessary.
1. Lombachweg 23,3006 Bern
2. 1st Stock, Murifeld, Weltpoststrasse 5, 3015, Bern
Stephanie from Switzerland