Embassy & Consulates of Spain in China

Embassy of Spain in Beijing

Ambassador: Mr. D. Rafael Dezcallar de Mazarredo
Address: No. 9, San Li Tun Road, Chaoyang District
Postal Code: 100600
Tel: (+86)10 6532 3629
Fax: (+86)10 6532 3401
E-mail: emb.pekin@maec.es
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m from Monday to Thursday, and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Spanish embassy in Beijing and consulates in Shanghai and Guangzhou are pleased to offer useful advice and assistance to the Spanish in distress. But something is consular officials can do, and something is they can't do.

What they can do?
1. Issue a replaced Passport or Travel Document if they are lost, stolen or destroyed.
2. Provide the enquiry services about medical treatment, education and law of China.
3. Offer legal aid to the Spanish who are arrested in China.
4. On special occasions, provide a small load or prepay the fees of repatriation.You need to sign an undertaking to repay in a stipulated period.
5.Provide services of the Registration, Notarization and Authentication.

Note: Whether you stay overseas long or short, you'd better register your detail information on the consular section of Spanish embassy or consulate. Under urgent circumstances, consular officials can find you quickly.

What they can't do?
1. Employ the function of travel agencies.
2. Help you to apply for a job.
3. Guarantee you get a better treatment in hospitals or prisons than Chinese.
4. To be your guarantor; pay for your fine; lend you loan or money (except emergencies).
5. To be your personal interpreter, tour guide or assistance.

Apply for Passport:
The required documents:
1 the original valid ID card;
2 the old passport or written Birth Certificate;
3 a completed Passport Application with a standard photo. If you don't have the first two documents, the consular officials can refer to the concerned Central Authorities in Spain; once your identity and Spanish nationality are verified, the embassy or consulate can issue a passport with three-month validity.

Offices of Spanish Embassy:

Offices Information
Consular Section Address: No. 9, San Li Tun Dong Si Street
Tel: (+86)10 6532 0780
Fax: (+86)10 6532 0784
E-mail: cog.pekin@maec.es
Press Section Tel: (+86)10 6532 6507
Fax: (+86)10 6532 6508
Economic & Commercial Office Address: 5th & 6th Floors, A1-B, Spain Building, Gong Ti Nan Road, Chaoyang District
Tel: (+86)10 5879 9733
Fax: (+86)10 5879 9734
Education Section Address: 5-2-142, Ta Yuan Diplomatic Office Building
Tel: (+86)10 6532 0556, 6532 0557
Fax: (+86)10 6532 0608
Tourism Office Address: 2-12-2, Ta Yuan Diplomatic Office Building
Tel: (+86)10 6532 9306, 6532 9307
Fax: (+86)10 6532 9305
Military Attaché's Office Tel: (+86)10 6532 5547
Fax: (+86)10 6532 1150

Consulate General in Shanghai

Address: Room 301/303/305, No. 12 Zhong Shan Dong Yi Lu,  Huangpu District, Shanghai
Tel: (+86)21 6321 3543
Fax: (+86)21 6321 1726
Consular Regions: Shanghai Municipality, Jiangsu Province, Zhejiang Province, Anhui Province, Jiangxi Province

Consulate General in Guangzhou

Address: Room 501, 5/F, R & F Center, No. 10, Huaxia Road, Zhujiang New Town, Tianhe District, Guangzhou
Tel: (+86)20 3892 7185/3892 8909
Fax: (+86)20 3892 7197
Consular Regions: Guangdong Province, Fujian Province, Hunan Province, Guangxi Province, Hainan Province, Yunnan Province, Guizhou Province

 Please contact China Embassy in Spain if Spanishes will go to China.
 China Tour from Madrid Spain
- Last updated on Apr. 25, 2023 -
Questions & Answers on Embassy & Consulates of Spain in China
Asked by Nasiri from AFGHANISTAN | Apr. 11, 2023 10:12Reply
I am an Afghan currently living in china and want to apply for a Spain student Visa
Hi sir,
I am Nasiri from Afghanistan currently living in China and want to apply for a Spain student visa, I would like to ask what documents they would ask for a student visa. and could you please recommend me an agency to help me out?
Thank you in advance!
Answers (1)
Answered by Pepper | Apr. 12, 2023 19:27

The requirements include application form, passport, recent passport photo, admission notice of the Spain university, bank account of you or your sponsor and residence permit in China. They may ask for more during the application.
Asked by Tasca from SOUTH AFRICAN | Feb. 18, 2019 17:57Reply
Shengen visa to Spain
Hi sir,
I am a student in xian ( shaanxi province). I would like to know where I can apply for shengen entry permit to Spain. Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou? Which of the consulate covers shaanxi province?
Please advise. Thanks.
Answers (1)
Answered by Matthews from DENMARK | Feb. 19, 2019 19:30

Hi, maybe you can apply from the Spain visa application center in Xi'an.
Asked by Anna Buglak from RUSSIA | Nov. 25, 2015 00:00Reply
Shengen visa to Spain for Russian citizen in Shanghai
Dear Sir,
Please advise, either i can apply for shengen visa (first entry to Spain) in Shanghai, as i am currently working here (according work permit)
Best regards,
Anna Buglak
Answers (1)
Answered by Franklin from CANADA | Nov. 26, 2015 03:06

Anna, it's possible to apply form the VFS. Global in Shanghai. And you may be required to submit your residence permit which is valid for at least three months.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)