China Visa Application in USA
How to Apply
Submit Your Application
1. You may submit the application to the Consular Office of the Embassy or Consulate-General which holds consular jurisdiction over the state where you reside.
2. If you cannot come in person, you may entrust someone else or an agent to drop off your application at the consular office of the Embassy or Consulate-General which holds consular jurisdiction over the state where you reside.
3. No appointment is required.
4. Mailed applications are not acceptable and will be returned.
1. The regular processing time is 4 working days (e.g. submission on Monday, pick up on Thursday).
2. Express service: 2-3 working days processing, $20 will be charged per application.
3. Same day rush service: additional fee of $30 for 1 working day processing (applications presented before 12:00pm may be picked up in the afternoon on the same day).
1. Please pay by Visa, MasterCard, Money Order, Cashier's Check. Cash or Personal/Company check is not acceptable.
2. Please make money order or checks payable to "Chinese Embassy".
|Entry & Validity||American Citizens||Citizens of Other Countries|
|Single Entry for 3 Months||USD 140||USD 30|
|Double Entry for 6 Months||USD 140||USD 45|
|Multiple Entries for 6 Months||USD 140||USD 60|
|Multiple Entries for 1 Year or 2 Years||USD 140||USD 90|
|Multiple Entries for 10 Years||USD 140||NA|
2. As of February 1st, 2010, the Consular Office of the Embassy in Washington DC will no longer provide mail back service. If anyone asks for mail back service, please contact travel agencies.
How to Identify if an Issued Chinese Visa is still Valid?
Please check carefully if the validity, number of entries and duration of stay on the obtained visa could still meet the need for the trip.
1. Validity (enter before) is the length of period that it is good for, namely from the issuing date to the deadline of entering China for the bearer of the visa. Given the number of entries are sufficient, the bearer is able to enter at anytime before 12:00am on the expiring date.
A visa becomes void once its period of validity expires regardless of whether its entries are used up or not. The holder should apply for a new visa if he or she intends to visit again.
2. Entries is the number permitted to enter China during its validity. A visa becomes invalid if there is no more valid number of entries left. To use such a visa will lead to decline of entry.
3. Duration of each stay refers to the longest period of time the bearer of a visa is permitted to stay in China from the date of entry on each visit.
Under Chinese law, a foreign national who overstays his or her visa in China is subject to fine and other penalties. If it's necessary to stay longer than the duration of stay allowed, approval must be obtained from a local public security authority above county level 30 days before the duration of stay is running out. The bearer is permitted to stay without leaving once the application is approved.
Once the tourist l is granted, is there a deadline for the first entry to China? Specifically, can I be allowed an entry to China in October 2019 using a visa that is granted (valid) since June 2019?