China Consulate in Los Angeles, USA
Visa Application Form of PRC
Detail Procedure for Application
(How to Apply - Processing Time - Visa Fees - Pick-up, etc)
For Children Born in USA with Chinese Descent Going to China
Consul General: Mr. Liu Jian
Address: 443 Shatto Place, Los Angeles, CA 90020, USA
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Consular Office of Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles
Address: 3rd Floor, 500 Shatto Place, Los Angeles, CA 90020, USA
Office Hours: 09:00-14:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Southern California, Arizona, Hawaii, New Mexico and American Pacific islands.
Notices for Application
1. You may submit the application to the Consular Office of the Embassy or Consulate-General which holds consular jurisdiction over the state where you reside.
2. No appointment is required.
3. Application by mailing is not acceptable. If you cannot go there in person, you may entrust someone else or an agent to drop off your application to the office on your behalf.
4. The regular processing time for application is 4 working days. Express Service (2-3 working days processing) and same day Rush Service are available. Additional fee of USD20 and USD30 will be charged accordingly. For Rush Service, applications should be presented before 12:00 with approval of consular officers, and visas may be picked up between 13:45 -14:00 on the same day.
5. The visa fee for American citizens is adjusted to USD 140 for individual applicant, and USD 120 per peson for Group application.
6. On or after the pick-up date specified in the receipt, applicants can pay and pick up their passports themselves or by entrusted persons, travel agencies with the receipt.
7. Please pay by Visa Card, Master Card, Money Order, Cashier's Check. Cash and personal checks are not acceptable. And make cashier's check or money order payable to "Chinese Consulate General".
2020 Holiday Schedule
|New Year's Day||January 1||Wednesday|
|Martin Luther King's Birthday||January 20||Monday|
|Chinese New Year||January 27 & 28||Monday & Tuesday|
|Labor Day||May 1||Friday|
|Memorial Day||May 25||Monday|
|Independence Day||July 3||Friday|
|US Labor Day||September 7||Monday|
|Chinese National Day & Mid-Autumn Festival||October 1 - 2||Thursday & Friday|
|Veteran's Day||November 11||Wednesday|
|Thanksgiving Day||November 26 & 27||Thursday & Friday|
|Christmas Day||December 24 - 25||Thursday & Friday|
Map of the Consulate in Los Angeles
You can take Expressway 101, exit at Vermont Ave.
And go south on Vermont, turn left at the Fourth Street, then turn right at the next intersection (Shatto Place).
You continue to walk about 100 meters and will see the consulate on your right hand.
The Consular Office is on your left hand.
Please check map for details.
China Tours from USA
China Tour from Los Angeles
China Tour from Hawaii
I need sameday visa in order for me to catch my flight.
Please advise. What i should do in order for me fly back by tomorrow night.
Step 2 The document needs further to be authenticated by the Secretary of the State where it is executed. Some states require that the document be certified by the County Clerk first. For Federally issued certifications, skip this step, go directly to Step 3.
Step 3 If one of the Chinese Consulate-Generals holds consular jurisdiction over you state, you may submit your document to that Consulate-General for final legalization; if not, please get your document authenticated by the U. S. State Department before the Chinese Embassy can finally legalize it. (Please note that your legalization application may be rejected by the Embassy/Consulate General that does not hold consular jurisdiction over the state where your document is executed.)