China Consulate in Los Angeles, USA

 Visa Application Form of PRC
  Detail Procedure for Application
  (How to Apply - Processing Time - Visa Fees - Pick-up, etc)
  For Children Born in USA with Chinese Descent Going to China

Consul General: Mr. Zhang Ping 
Address: 443 Shatto Place, Los Angeles, CA 90020, USA
Tel: +1-213-8078043
Fax: +1-213-8078058
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

Consular Office of Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles

Address: 3rd Floor, 500 Shatto Place, Los Angeles, CA 90020, USA
Tel: +1-213-3481778 (available between 9:30 and 11:30)
Fax: +1-213-3800372
Office Hours: 09:00-14:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

Consular Districts

Southern California, Arizona, Hawaii, New Mexico and American Pacific islands.

Notices for Application

1. You may submit the application to the Consular Office of the Embassy or Consulate-General which holds consular jurisdiction over the state where you reside. 
2. No appointment is required.
3. Application by mailing is not acceptable. If you cannot go there in person, you may entrust someone else or an agent to drop off your application to the office on your behalf.
4. The regular processing time for application is 4 working days. Express Service (2-3 working days processing) and same day Rush Service are available. Additional fee of USD20 and USD30 will be charged accordingly. For Rush Service, applications should be presented before 12:00 with approval of consular officers,  and visas may be picked up between 13:45 -14:00 on the same day.
5. The visa fee for American citizens is adjusted to USD 140 for individual applicant, and USD 120 per peson for Group application.
6. On or after the pick-up date specified in the receipt, applicants can pay and pick up their passports themselves or by entrusted persons, travel agencies with the receipt.
7. Please pay by Visa Card, Master Card, Money Order, Cashier's Check. Cash and personal checks are not acceptable. And make cashier's check or money order payable to "Chinese Consulate General".

2021 Holiday Schedule

Festivals Date Day
New Year's Day January 1 Friday
Martin Luther King's Birthday January 18 Monday
Chinese New Year February 11 - 12 Thursday - Friday
Qingming Festival April 5 Monday
Labor Day May 3 Monday
Memorial Day May 31 Monday
Independence Day July 5 Monday
US Labor Day September 6 Monday
Mid-Autumn Festival September 20 Monday
Chinese National Day  October 1 - 4 Friday - Monday
Veteran's Day November 11 Thursday
Thanksgiving Day November 25 - 26 Thursday & Friday
Christmas Day December 24 Friday

Map of the Consulate in Los Angeles


You can take Expressway 101, exit at Vermont Ave. 

And go south on Vermont, turn left at the Fourth Street, then turn right at the next intersection (Shatto Place). 

You continue to walk about 100 meters and will see the consulate on your right hand. 

The Consular Office is on your left hand. 
Please check map for details.

 Recommended Tours:
China Tours from USA
China Tour from Los Angeles
China Tour from Hawaii

- Last modified on Jun. 21, 2021 -
Questions & Answers on China Consulate in Los Angeles
Asked by Lisa from US | Jun. 20, 2021 21:03Reply
Can my dad renew his Chinese passport at the office?
I'm not very familiar with Chinese and my dad is also quite technologically challenged due to his old age, so filling out the paperwork on APP is quite difficult.

Is it possible for us to make an appointment to fill out the paperwork in person?
Answers (1)
Answered by Eric | Jun. 21, 2021 23:05

I'm afraid no:(
Asked by Chuguang He from USA | Jun. 07, 2021 13:27Reply
For passport renewal, is the consulate App the only way now?
After the filled the info in the consulate App, what are the next steps to renew Chinese passport? Send in the old passport? Any other documents do i have to attach? How long can i expect to get the new passport ? Can we go to the LA consulate to retrieve after 6/15?
Answers (1)
Answered by Adele | Jun. 07, 2021 22:39

For renewing a US passport, you can get routine (10-12 weeks) and expedited (4-6 weeks) passport processing by mail and at local acceptance facilities. Please check your application date.
Asked by Jessie from USA | Apr. 23, 2021 20:33Reply
China passport expired
Dear sir madam
I have a friend whose China passport has expired in November 2020 and would like to renew his China passport. Does he need to go to China consulate in Los Angeles in person to renew his passport? Need to make an appointment? What documents does he need to bring to renew his passport ? Please advise at your earliest convenience.
Thank you very much for your help.
Answers (2)
Answered by Jimmy | Apr. 26, 2021 01:38

Your friend can renew his Chinese passport online. An appoinment is needed. He needs to submit his passport information, passport photos and US visa or residence permit. The official website is:
Answered by Jessie | Apr. 26, 2021 07:17

Thank you for your prompt response really appreciate your help!
Asked by giltsao | Apr. 23, 2021 13:54Reply
I came at 10am on 4/23 for final step of authentication, office was closed. what can I do?
Answers (1)
Answered by Jimmy | Apr. 26, 2021 01:46

Its attacted Domentuary Hall has been closed due to the Covid-19. You need to make an appoinment on its website before going.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)