China Consulate in Los Angeles, USA
Visa Application Form of PRC
Detail Procedure for Application
(How to Apply - Processing Time - Visa Fees - Pick-up, etc)
For Children Born in USA with Chinese Descent Going to China
Consul General: Mr. Zhang Ping
Address: 443 Shatto Place, Los Angeles, CA 90020, USA
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Consular Office of Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles
Address: 3rd Floor, 500 Shatto Place, Los Angeles, CA 90020, USA
Tel: +1-213-3481778 (available between 9:30 and 11:30)
Office Hours: 09:00-14:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Southern California, Arizona, Hawaii, New Mexico and American Pacific islands.
Notices for Application
1. You may submit the application to the Consular Office of the Embassy or Consulate-General which holds consular jurisdiction over the state where you reside.
2. No appointment is required.
3. Application by mailing is not acceptable. If you cannot go there in person, you may entrust someone else or an agent to drop off your application to the office on your behalf.
4. The regular processing time for application is 4 working days. Express Service (2-3 working days processing) and same day Rush Service are available. Additional fee of USD20 and USD30 will be charged accordingly. For Rush Service, applications should be presented before 12:00 with approval of consular officers, and visas may be picked up between 13:45 -14:00 on the same day.
5. The visa fee for American citizens is adjusted to USD 140 for individual applicant, and USD 120 per peson for Group application.
6. On or after the pick-up date specified in the receipt, applicants can pay and pick up their passports themselves or by entrusted persons, travel agencies with the receipt.
7. Please pay by Visa Card, Master Card, Money Order, Cashier's Check. Cash and personal checks are not acceptable. And make cashier's check or money order payable to "Chinese Consulate General".
2021 Holiday Schedule
|New Year's Day||January 1||Friday|
|Martin Luther King's Birthday||January 18||Monday|
|Chinese New Year||February 11 - 12||Thursday - Friday|
|Qingming Festival||April 5||Monday|
|Labor Day||May 3||Monday|
|Memorial Day||May 31||Monday|
|Independence Day||July 5||Monday|
|US Labor Day||September 6||Monday|
|Mid-Autumn Festival||September 20||Monday|
|Chinese National Day||October 1 - 4||Friday - Monday|
|Veteran's Day||November 11||Thursday|
|Thanksgiving Day||November 25 - 26||Thursday & Friday|
|Christmas Day||December 24||Friday|
Map of the Consulate in Los Angeles
You can take Expressway 101, exit at Vermont Ave.
And go south on Vermont, turn left at the Fourth Street, then turn right at the next intersection (Shatto Place).
You continue to walk about 100 meters and will see the consulate on your right hand.
The Consular Office is on your left hand.
Please check map for details.
China Tours from USA
China Tour from Los Angeles
China Tour from Hawaii
Is it possible for us to make an appointment to fill out the paperwork in person?
I have a friend whose China passport has expired in November 2020 and would like to renew his China passport. Does he need to go to China consulate in Los Angeles in person to renew his passport? Need to make an appointment? What documents does he need to bring to renew his passport ? Please advise at your earliest convenience.
Thank you very much for your help.