Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in New York
Visa Application Form of PRC
Detail Procedure for Application
(How to Apply - Processing Time - Visa Fees - Pick-up, etc)
For Children Born in USA with Chinese Descent Going to China
Consul General: Ms. Zhang Qiyue
Address: 520 12th Avenue, New York, NY 10036, USA
Tel: +212-2449392, 2449456
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 13:30-17:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Consular Office of Chinese Consulate in New York
Tel: +212-8682078 (Manned Service between 09:00-12:00, 13:00-16:00 on working days)
Fax: +212-4651708 (Chinese Passport); +212-5640300 (Visa & Authentication)
Office Hours: 09:00-14:30, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Services Provided by Consular Office
1. Issue visas (including mainland China visa & Visa/Entry Permit to Hong Kong and Macau).
2. Issue Passport and Travel Document to Chinese (including Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan residents).
3. Notarize documents for Chinese citizens.
4. Authenticate documents.
Connecticut, Maine, Ohio, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont.
Tips for Applicants (Avoid the Crowd and Long Line)
Generally speaking, the applicants are less from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., and on Wednesdays and Thursdays. There are many applicants in all afternoons, on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and the first two days after public holidays.
Instructions for Application
1. Make a good preparation for the required documents (No Need to make an appointment).
2. For a group application with more than 10 passports, the representative should submit application before 12:00.
3. For individual application, please put application form and all other documents into a blank page of passport.
4. Please make sure and check carefully when pick up your visa at the consular office, and contact the officers immediately if there is any mistake.
2017 Holiday Schedule of the Consulate in New York
|New Year's Day||January 2||Monday|
|Martin Luther King's Birthday||January 16||Monday|
|Chinese New Year||January 30, 31||Monday & Tuesday|
|Qingming Festival||April 4||Tuesday|
|International Labor Day||May 1||Monday|
|Memorial Day||May 29||Monday|
|Dragon Boat Festival||May 30||Tuesday|
|Independence Day||July 4||Tuesday|
|Labor Day||September 4||Monday|
|Chinese National Day||October 2||Monday|
|Columbus Day||October 9||Monday|
|Veteran's Day||November 10||Friday|
|Thanksgiving Day||November 23, 24||Thursday & Friday|
|Christmas Day||December 25, 26||Monday & Tuesday|
Map of the Consulate in New York
1. Bus No. M42 can reach the Consulate-General directly.
2. Many subway lines stop at 42nd Street,