China Consulate in New York, USA
Visa Application Form of PRC
Detail Procedure for Application
(How to Apply - Processing Time - Visa Fees - Pick-up, etc)
For Children Born in USA with Chinese Descent Going to China
Consul General: Ms. Zhang Qiyue
Address: 520 12th Avenue, New York, NY 10036, USA
Tel: +212-2449392, 2449456
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 13:30-17:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Consular Office of Chinese Consulate in New York
Tel: +212-8682078 (Manned Service between 09:00-12:00, 13:00-16:00 on working days)
Fax: +212-4651708 (Chinese Passport); +212-5640300 (Visa & Authentication)
Office Hours: 09:00-14:30, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Services Provided by Consular Office
1. Issue visas (including mainland China visa & Visa/Entry Permit to Hong Kong and Macau).
2. Issue Passport and Travel Document to Chinese (including Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan residents).
3. Notarize documents for Chinese citizens.
4. Authenticate documents.
Connecticut, Maine, Ohio, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont.
Tips for Applicants
Generally speaking, the applicants are less from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., and on Wednesdays and Thursdays. There are many applicants in all afternoons, on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and the first two days after public holidays.
Instructions for Application
1. Make a good preparation for the required documents (No Need to make an appointment).
2. For a group application with more than 10 passports, the representative should submit application before 12:00.
3. For individual application, please put application form and all other documents into a blank page of passport.
4. Please make sure and check carefully when pick up your visa at the consular office, and contact the officers immediately if there is any mistake.
2020 Holiday Schedule of the Consulate in New York
|New Year's Day||January 1||Wednesday|
|Martin Luther King's Birthday||January 20||Monday|
|Chinese New Year||January 27 - 28||Monday - Tuesday|
|Memorial Day||May 25||Monday|
|Independence Day||July 3||Friday|
|Labor Day||September 7||Monday|
|Chinese National Day||October 1 - 2||Thursday - Friday|
|Columbus Day||October 12||Monday|
|Veteran's Day||November 11||Wednesday|
|Thanksgiving Day||November 26 - 27||Thursday - Friday|
|Christmas Day||December 24 - 25||Thursday - Friday|
Map of the Consulate in New York
1. Bus No. M42 can reach the Consulate-General directly.
2. Many subway lines stop at 42nd Street,
2) I work in US under L1 visa. The document required - “The original and photocopy of your residence permit in the US.” I do not have any official paper called residence permit, is the L1 visa on my passport sufficient?
3) If I submit the documents to Chinese Embassy in New York, do I need to leave my old passport to the embassy? How long can I get my new passport?
4) My US L1 visa is on my old passport, does it mean I need to travel with old and new passport in the future?
2. The L1 visa is sufficient.
3. You need to leave your old passport to the embassy. The processing may take 4 to 8 weeks.
4. Please consult the US visa affair at a retive bureau,