Visa Application for Children Born in US with Chinese Parents
Child with American Nationality Parents
If such a child's one parent or both parents have joined American nationality or have gained Green Card, this child should apply for Chinese visa. Please provide the following documents if such a child applies for the first time:
1. A child's passport with blank pages and at least six months of remaining validity.
2. The original and copy of American passport or Green Card of one parent.
3. The original and copy of a child's Birth Certificate.
4. A duly completed Application Form with one standard photo glued. This form can be filled in and singed by his parents.
Note: If such a child had once obtained Chinese visa, he needn't offer the documents of Birth Certificate and Parent's Passport or Green Card for latter applications.
Embassy of China in USA
Detail Procedure for Application
(How to Apply - Processing Time - Visa Fees - Pick-up, etc)
Child with non-American Nationality Parents
If neither of such a child's parents has gained American Green Card, this child should apply for Travel Document of the People's Republic of China. He is required to offer the following documents:
1. The original and copy of a child's Birth Certificate.
2. The original and copy of parents' Chinese passports and U.S. Resident Permit (Such as American visa or other legal documents issued by American Immigration Office).
3. A properly filled in Passport/Travel Document/Certificate of Mariner/Certificate of Repatriate Application Form of the People's Republic of China. This form can be filled in and singed by his parents.
4. Three color photos (48mm x 33mm, the width of head 21mm-24mm, the length of head 28mm-33mm), against a white or light blue background.
How to Apply?
1. If such a child needs apply for Chinese visa, his parent or parents can go to the embassy or consulate-general in person to submit application according to consular jurisdiction. They can also authorize someone else, or travel agencies to deal with such things.
2. If such a child needs apply for Chinese Travel Document, his parent or parents should company the child to go to the embassy or consulate-general in person to submit application according to consular jurisdiction. If one parent transacts this thing, he or she should show the Approval Letter (allow his/her child to return to China) of the other party.
3. Applicants need to make an online appointment on the official website of the embassy or consulate. Mail application is not acceptable.
It takes 4 working days for processing application. But if an applicant wants to pick up documents on the same day of application, he/she should submit application before 11:30 a.m., then pay additional USD 30 for rush service and collect during 14:30-15:00. For express service (the 2nd or 3rd day collection), extra USD 20 will be charged.
Fees, Validity and Duration of Stay
|Visa||Entry Numbers & Validity||Duration of Stay||Fees|
|single entry valid for 3 months||30 days||USD 140|
|double entries valid for 6 months||30 days||USD 140|
|Travel Document||valid for 2 years||N/A||USD 25|
any validity on the travel doccument ? it is only valid for infant or child (2-11 years old) ?