How to Apply a China Visa in Hong Kong
Which Types of Visa Can I Get in Hong Kong?
Where to apply for China visa in Hong Kong?
Apply in Person:
Details of the Chinese Visa Office Hong Kong:
Address: 20/F, Capital Center, 151 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Tel: 2992 1999
Business Hours: Monday-Friday, closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
Submission of applications and Payment: 9:00 to 16:00, Urgent service before 12:00
Collection: Express and Urgent Service 12:00 to 17:00; Regular Service 10:00 to 17:00
Apply via Travel Agencies:
The recommended two are the China Travel Service (CTS) and Forever Bright.
Documents Needed for China Visa Application in Hong Kong
1. A valid passport with at least six months of remaining validity and photocopy of your personal particulars page.
2. If you are a Hong Kong resident, provide your Hong Kong ID card; if not, you need to have a copy of the Hong Kong entry stamp on your passport or a visa of Hong Kong.
3. An application form of the current version. Two ways to get this form: 1. Download the Chinese Visa Application Form and complete it on your computer, then print it out. 2. Complete the online application form on the website of the China Visa Office Hong Kong and get a printout of it.
4. A passport size photo. There is a booth at the China Visa Application Service Center offering the photo service at a certain charge.
5. Documents showing your travel purpose, such as a travel itinerary, round-trip transportation arrangements, and hotel reservations. Note that if you are traveling to Guangdong Province, the transportation proof is usually not required.
Apply for a China visa from Hong Kong in 6 steps
1. Prepare all necessary documents as listed above.
2. Although the visa office takes walk-ins, it’s advised to schedule an appointment on the website of the China Visa Application Center to save time in queueing.
3. Submit the application to the visa office. Mailed applications are not accepted unless you are now residing in Taiwan.
4. Have your fingerprints collected by the visa center if you are applying for a China visa for the first time since Dec. 4th, 2017. Applicants aged under 14 or over 70 don’t need to do fingerprinting.
5. Wait for your visa to be processed.
6. Pay the fee and collect your visa at the date shown on the pick-up slip.
China Visa Fee in Hong Kong (Unit: HKD)
For most countries:
|Number of Entries||Regular Service||Express Service||Urgent Service|
|Multiple Entries (6 months)||860||1,250||1,830|
|Multiple Entries (12 months)||1,170||1,560||2,140|
For some certain countries, the fee is fixed in spite of the number of entries.
|Country||Regular Service||Express Service||Urgent Service|
Payment Method: The China Visa Office Hong Kong accepts cash and debit card.
How long does it take for processing my visa?
Regular service: 4 working days
Express service: 3 working days
Urgent service: 2 working days
Note: Same day visa application service is not provided.
Better Apply for China Visa in Home Country than in Hong Kong
Though it’s feasible to apply for a China visa in Hong Kong, we advise you to make the application in your country if you just visit Hong Kong temporarily. The reason is that a Hong Kong ID card is often required for the application. Temporary visitors may face more difficulties in making the application in person. By the way, if you live in mainland China and wish to renew your visa in Hong Kong, you can try your luck but the result is not assured.