Chinese Embassy in Japan
Ambassador: Mr. Kong Xuanyou
Address: 3-4-33 Moto-Azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Tel: +81-03-34033388, 34033380
Office Hours: 09:00 - 12:00, 14:00 - 18:00, Monday-Friday
Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Japan
Tel: +81-03-03-57856868 (24 hours)
Office Hours: 09:00 - 12:00, Monday-Friday (except public holidays)
Transportation: If you take subway, please get off at Roppongi station. It will be 10 minutes' walk from subway station to the embassy by Asahi Street.
Notice on Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC)
However, for those who hold Diplomatic, Service or Official passports, or who want to apply for Hong Kong/Macau visa/entry permit, they should go to the embassy like before to submit the application directly.
Besides, the CVASC also provides document authentication at a certain cost.
Basic Information of the CVASC in Tokyo
Office Hours: Monday - Friday (except public holidays)
Application time: 09:00 - 15:00
Collection and Payment: 09:00 - 16:00
Notice: If the applicant wants to use the express or rush service, the application should be submitted to the CVASV before 11:30am.
2. Japanese citizens who hold ordinary passports are exempt from Chinese visa if they enter for sightseeing, business, visiting relatives or friends and stay for not over 15 days.
3. Japan passport holders are exempt from visa if they go to Hong Kong or Macau for a stay of not exceeding 90 days.
Consular Districts of the Embassy/Consulate
|Consulate General||Consular Jurisdiction|
|The Embassy in Japan||Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, Nagano, Yamanashi, Shizuoka, Gunma, Tochigi, Ibaragi|
|The Consulate General in Fukuoka||Fukuoka, Yamaguchi, Saga, Oita, Kumamoto, Kagoshima, Miyazaki, Okinawa|
|The Consulate General in Nagasaki||Nagasaki Prefecture|
|The Consulate General in Nagoya||Aichi, Gifu, Fukui, Toyama, Ishikawa, Mie|
|The Consulate General in Osaka||Osaka-fu, Kyoto-fu, Hyogo, Nara, Shiga, Wakayama, Ehime, Kochi, Tokushima, Kagawa, Hiroshima, Shimane, Okayama, Tottori|
|The Consulate General in Sapporo||Hokkaido, Aomori, Akita, Iwate|
|The Consulate General in Niigata||Niigata, Fukushima, Yamagata, Miyagi|
Fees (in Japanese Yen)
|3-month Single Entry||8,000||14,000||17,000|
|6-month Double Entry||10,000||16,000||19,000|
|Single / Double / Multiple Entries||20,000||26,000||29,000|
|Single / Double / Multiple Entries||15,000||21,000||24,000|
|Single / Double / Multiple Entries||6,000||12,000||15,000|
|3-month Single Entry||13,000||19,000||22,000|
|6-month Double Entry||13,000||19,000||22,000|
Citizens of Other Countries
|3-month Single Entry||9,000||15,000||18,000|
|6-month Double Entry||11,000||17,000||20,000|
1. The regular processing time is 4 working days; express service takes 3 working days; rush service takes 2 working days.
2. This CVASC accepts cash, Debit Card, Credit Card and company cheque.
Currency: Japanese Yen.
Language: Official language is Japanese. Service industry staff such as those working in hotels, restaurants, and stations are often able to speak some basic English. However, the general population rarely uses English.
Population: 126 million (as of March 2021), with a population density that is the second highest in the world, at 7.5 times the average global density. The aging of the Japanese society is a serious issue, and Japan ranks first in the world with a life expectancy of 83.4 years per capita.
- Japan is an East Asian country located northeast of mainland China, east of the Korean Peninsula, and south of Siberia.
- Consisting of thousands of islands that form an arc-shaped chain, it is completely surrounded by the sea and does not have any land connection with any other country.
- Earthquakes and volcanic eruptions happen frequently in this country as it is located at the intersection of four tectonic plates. Among all the earthquakes in the world, approximately 20% of them occur in Japan's vicinity.
- The time zone in Japan is UTC+9.
Climatic feature: Japan features a temperate maritime climate with distinct difference in temperature between the four seasons. March to April when the cherry blossoms, and October to November when the leaves turn to red, is the best time to take a Japan tour.
1. It is convenient to reach Japan from any corner of the world. Currently, Japan has international flights to over 150 cities worldwide. A direct flight from Japan to China takes only 2 - 4 hours. Therefore a Japan and China tour is a perfect choice for those who want to explore both countries.2. For domestic transportation, Japan has a well-developed transportation system with various travel modes. The best way to move around cities is by Shinkansen or JR railways, while urban transportation is mainly served by metros and public buses.
Best things to do in Japan:
1. Exploring the metropolis Tokyo and climbing Mt Fuji
2. Visiting Kyoto for its ancient temples and shrines
3. Enjoying Japanese onsen and stay at a ryokans
4. Encountering a Geisha with exquisitely made-up and traditional Kimono
5. Tasting Japanese Sushi in an elegant local restaurant
Please contact Embassy of Japan in China if Japaneses have troubles there.
Where in Tokyo do I process my documents for my Work Permit Notification? At the Chinese Embassy in Azabu? At the Consulate in Takanawa? Another location?
You should be given a receipt after submitting the requirements, which tells the time to collect the visa. Do you have it?
And I received a call from the visa center once in May 25th to say they still haven't received anything from the embassy yet. And since then no contact and it's very hard to get through to the Chinese visa center in Tokyo. Although in their website they have updated that I can get my passport back in May29th, but when I visited them they said(Visa center) they still haven't received any response from the embassy yet again.
I would like to recall for my passport as it's already nearing 2 months since submission for this July 11th. And I'm very disappointed in the services I have received so far, as this caused an impact at my workplace, as I had to cancel on the overseas trip and it's frustrating not being able to connect through to any related officials and not knowing what's happening and what's causing the delay.
I would be very grateful if you can guide me to know about the progression and how to get my official documents(passport etc) back?