Home / Embassy / Asia /

China Embassy in Japan

 Visa Application Form of PRC

Ambassador: Mr. Cheng Yonghua
Address: 3-4-33 Moto-Azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Tel: +81-03-34033388, 34033380
Email: info@china-embassy.or.jp
Office Hours: 09:00 - 12:00, 14:00 - 18:00, Monday-Friday

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Japan

Tel: +81-03-03-57856868 (24 hours)
Office Hours: 09:00 - 12:00, Monday-Friday (except public holidays)
Transportation: If you take subway, please get off at Roppongi station. It will be 10 minutes' walk from subway station to the embassy by Asahi Street. 


Notice on Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC)

From October 27, 2016, CVASC in Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka mainly serve applicants with ordinary passports who plan to visit mainland China. Postal service for application is provided there. Online appointment is optional, but the applicant is advised to make an appointment to save time at the application center.

However, for those who hold Diplomatic, Service or Official passports, or who want to apply for Hong Kong/Macau visa/entry permit, they should go to the embassy like before to submit the application directly.

Besides, the CVASC also provides document authentication at a certain cost.


Basic Information of the CVASC in Tokyo

Address: 8th floor, Prime Place, Kamiya Rd, Minato District, Toranomon 4-1-17, Tokyo
Call: 81-(0)3-6430-2066 
Fax: 81-3-6432-0550  
Email: tokyocenter@visaforchina.org
Office Hours: Monday - Friday (except public holidays)
Application time: 09:00 - 15:00
Collection and Payment: 09:00 - 16:00

Notice: If the applicant wants to use the express or rush service, the application should be submitted to the CVASV before 11:30am.


Visa Exemption

1. Japanese diplomatic, service or official passport holders are exempt from a visa to Mainland China for not more than 30 days.  
2. Japanese citizens who hold ordinary passports are exempt from Chinese visa if they enter for sightseeing, business, visiting relatives or friends and stay for not over 15 days. 
3. Japan passport holders are exempt from visa if they go to Hong Kong or Macau for a stay of not exceeding 90 days.

Consular Districts of the Embassy/Consulate

Consulate General Consular Jurisdiction
The Embassy in Japan  Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, Nagano, Yamanashi, Shizuoka, Gunma, Tochigi, Ibaragi
The Consulate General in Fukuoka Fukuoka, Yamaguchi, Saga, Oita, Kumamoto, Kagoshima, Miyazaki, Okinawa
The Consulate General in Nagasaki Nagasaki Prefecture
The Consulate General in Nagoya Aichi, Gifu, Fukui, Toyama, Ishikawa, Mie
The Consulate General in Osaka Osaka-fu, Kyoto-fu, Hyogo, Nara, Shiga, Wakayama, Ehime, Kochi, Tokushima, Kagawa, Hiroshima, Shimane, Okayama, Tottori
The Consulate General in Sapporo Hokkaido, Aomori, Akita, Iwate
The Consulate General in Niigata Niigata, Fukushima, Yamagata, Miyagi

Fees (in Japanese Yen)


Types Regular Express Rush
3-month Single Entry 8,000 14,000 17,000
6-month Double Entry 10,000 16,000 19,000
6-month Multi-Entry 11,000 17,000 20,000
12-month Multi-Entry 15,000 21,000 24,000
US citizens
Types Regular Express Rush
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 20,000 26,000 29,000

Types Regular Express Rush
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 15,000 21,000 24,000
Types Regular Express Rush
Single / Double / Multiple Entries 6,000 12,000 15,000

Types Regular Express Rush
3-month Single Entry 13,000 19,000 22,000
6-month Double Entry 13,000 19,000 22,000
6-month Multi-Entry 20,000 26,000 29,000
12-month Multi-Entry 20,000 26,000 29,000

Citizens of Other Countries

Types Regular Express Rush
3-month Single Entry 9,000 15,000 18,000
6-month Double Entry 11,000 17,000 20,000
6-month Multi-Entry 13,000 19,000 22,000
12-month Multi-Entry 17,000 23,000 26,000

1. The regular processing time is 4 working days; express service takes 3 working days; rush service takes 2 working days.
2. This CVASC accepts cash, Debit Card, Credit Card and company cheque.

 Please contact Embassy of Japan in China if Japaneses have troubles there.

 Related Chinese Embassies in Asia: Amman, JordanAstana, KazakhstanKuwait, Kyrghyzstan

- Last modified on May. 06, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Japan
Asked by RL from CANADA | Aug. 17, 2019 21:44Reply
Multiple entry visa for international student
Can I apply for a multiple entry visa to China, as a Canadian international student, in Tokyo CVASC?
Answers (1)
Answered by Jade from UNITED KINGDOM | Aug. 19, 2019 02:36

if you stay in Japan as a interantional student, then you can apply in Tokyo CVASC.
Asked by Mark Geerlings from AUSTRALIA | Aug. 11, 2019 18:43Reply
Australian passport holders, can apply for business visa from Japan if I am in Japan already?
Answers (2)
Answered by Sally from JAPAN | Aug. 11, 2019 23:13

Dear, if you are just a temporary tourist there, I'm afraid you can't apply from there, but you can still contact the CVASC in Japan to try your luck.
Answered by Mark from AUSTRALIA | Aug. 12, 2019 02:32

It appears to be the same application form I filled out in Malaysia and the Philippines, So I guess I will know on applying!, this is the stage where you are either accepted or incomplete. Thanks for the info.
Asked by Nekeisha Rowe from JAPAN | Aug. 06, 2019 04:07Reply
How do I proceed to authenticate documents required for China?
Answers (1)
Answered by Lora from JAPAN | Aug. 06, 2019 19:27

First, have your documents issued in Japan (but not by a Japanese government authority) such as Affidavit, Declaration, Power of Attorney, etc. notarized by a local Notary Public and then to be authenticated by the Japan Academy of Law. If your documents are issued by a Japanese government authority (e.g. Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Confirmation of No Criminal Record), then have it authenticated directly by the Japan Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Next, take the documents authenticated by the Japan Academy of Law or Japan Ministry of Foreign Affairs to the Chinese Visa Application Service Center in Japan for authentication.
Asked by Tatsuki from JAPAN | Aug. 05, 2019 18:30Reply
Is the Visa center going to be open during Obon period in Japan?
Answers (1)
Answered by Miranda from JAPAN | Aug. 06, 2019 19:31

This year, the Obon falls on August 15. The center is open on that day, but it will close on August 12 for Mountain Day.
Asked by Sam from UNITED KINGDOM | Aug. 05, 2019 04:03Reply
Can a UK passport holder apply for a Chinese visa in Japan?
I will be on holiday in Japan and would like to travel to China. Can I apply for a Chinese visa for 15 days with a UK Passport whilst I’m in Japan?
Answers (1)
Answered by Zara from AMERICA | Aug. 06, 2019 23:33

No, you can't. you need to apply a China visa in your own country.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)