Apply for Hong Kong Visa
Hong Kong grants a visa-free stay period ranging from 7 to 180 days for short-term tourists and businessmen from most countries. Foreigners who do not qualify for the Hong Kong Visa Waiver Concession need to apply for a visa before they go there.
Where to Submit the Application
Address of HK Immigration Department:
Receipt and Dispatch Unit, Immigration Department,
2/F, Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2824 6111
Fax: (852) 2877 7711
Address of the Beijing Office:
No. 71, Di'anmen Xidajie, Xicheng District
Tel: (8610) 6657 2880
Address of the Commissioner Office of PRC Foreign Affairs Ministry in Macau:
No. 992, Avenida do Dr. Rodrigo Rodrigues, Macau
Tel: (853) 7915116
Sponsor in Hong Kong
1. A duly completed Visa Application Form;
2. A recent photograph of the applicant affixed on the application form;
3. A photocopy of the applicant’s travel document;
4. A photocopy of the proof of financial status (e.g. bank statement, savings accounts passbooks, tax payment receipts, employment certificate, etc.);
5. Transportation arrangement copy (e.g. flight itinerary);
6. Proof of purpose of visit, such as:
• Leisure – Package Tour receipt, itinerary, etc.;
• Family visit – Photocopy of proof of relationship with the local sponsor in HK;
• Transit – Photocopy of the proposed visit in the next destination after visiting HK, itinerary, etc.;
• Business – An invitation letter issued by a local company or by the applicant’s employing company to prove his stay in HK;
• Study – Admission notice, sponsor letter, etc.;
• Employment – Labor contract, medical report, education background and work experience proof, etc.;
• Residence on dependant basis – HK identity card of family, kinship certificate, etc..
Documents to be submitted by the sponsor (if any)
1. If the sponsor is a company
1) A sponsor application form
2) A photocopy of Business Registration Certificate
2. If the sponsor is an individual
1) A sponsor application form
2) A photocopy of the sponsor’s HK ID card
3) A photocopy of the sponsor’s travel document (for non-permanent resident of HK only)
|Apply From||Normal Visa||Transit Visa|
|HK Immigration Department||HKD 190||HKD 100|
|Overseas Chinese Embassy/Consulate||USD 30 (if the application is transferred to HK Immigration Department, there is an additional charge of USD 20 as communication fee)|
|Beijing Office||CNY 158||CNY 83|
|Commissioner Office of PRC Foreign Affairs Ministry in Macau||MOP 240 (if the application is transferred to HK side, there is an additional charge of MOP 150 as communication fee)|
Note: Processing time starts from the day all necessary documents are submitted.
I am Vietnamese and processing Hong Kong visa application for a business trip from 13th to 15th Nov 2019.
During my visa application being processed, I have a business trip to France from 14th Oct to 2nd Nov 2019, therefore I will certainly need my passport.
Do I need to send my original passport to Hong Kong Immigration Department? If so, how can I get my passport back for my France trip on 14th Oct 2019 during the application processing time?
I would appreciate your advice. Thanks very much
You may submit your application in person to Chinese visa application service center, and your application will be forwarded to the Immigration Department of HKSAR Government for processing. You may also submit your application directly to the Immigration Department of HKSAR Government by mailing your materials.
Processing time: If your application is forwarded to HK Immigration Department for processing, it would take one month or even longer to process visa application.
If I have to leave HK, can I visit Macau and come back in the same day ?
I'm a national of Nigeria. I'm currently in Australia with a study visa. I will be travelling to China in November through Hong Kong. Also, I will be travelling to Nigeria in December with a lay over in Hong Kong. I know I would have to get a transit visa for the trip. Please how long does the transit visa last for, as I would want to use the visa for the both trips. I don't want to request for a transit visa twice.