Apply for Hong Kong Visa
Hong Kong grants a visa-free stay period ranging from 7 to 180 days for short-term tourists and businessmen from most countries. Foreigners who do not qualify for the Hong Kong Visa Waiver Concession need to apply for a visa before they go there.
Where to Submit the Application
Address of HK Immigration Department:
Receipt and Dispatch Unit, Immigration Department,
2/F, Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2824 6111
Fax: (852) 2877 7711
Address of the Beijing Office:
No. 71, Di'anmen Xidajie, Xicheng District
Tel: (8610) 6657 2880
Address of the Commissioner Office of PRC Foreign Affairs Ministry in Macau:
No. 992, Avenida do Dr. Rodrigo Rodrigues, Macau
Tel: (853) 7915116
Sponsor in Hong Kong
1. A duly completed Visa Application Form;
2. A recent photograph of the applicant affixed on the application form;
3. A photocopy of the applicant’s travel document;
4. A photocopy of the proof of financial status (e.g. bank statement, savings accounts passbooks, tax payment receipts, employment certificate, etc.);
5. Transportation arrangement copy (e.g. flight itinerary);
6. Proof of purpose of visit, such as:
• Leisure – Package Tour receipt, itinerary, etc.;
• Family visit – Photocopy of proof of relationship with the local sponsor in HK;
• Transit – Photocopy of the proposed visit in the next destination after visiting HK, itinerary, etc.;
• Business – An invitation letter issued by a local company or by the applicant’s employing company to prove his stay in HK;
• Study – Admission notice, sponsor letter, etc.;
• Employment – Labor contract, medical report, education background and work experience proof, etc.;
• Residence on dependant basis – HK identity card of family, kinship certificate, etc..
Documents to be submitted by the sponsor (if any)
1. If the sponsor is a company
1) A sponsor application form
2) A photocopy of Business Registration Certificate
2. If the sponsor is an individual
1) A sponsor application form
2) A photocopy of the sponsor’s HK ID card
3) A photocopy of the sponsor’s travel document (for non-permanent resident of HK only)
|Apply From||Normal Visa||Transit Visa|
|HK Immigration Department||HKD 190||HKD 100|
|Overseas Chinese Embassy/Consulate||USD 30 (if the application is transferred to HK Immigration Department, there is an additional charge of USD 20 as communication fee)|
|Beijing Office||CNY 158||CNY 83|
|Commissioner Office of PRC Foreign Affairs Ministry in Macau||MOP 240 (if the application is transferred to HK side, there is an additional charge of MOP 150 as communication fee)|
Note: Processing time starts from the day all necessary documents are submitted.
I’m a foreigner, living in Shenyang.
Thanks in advance for feedbacks
2. Valid passport with blank pages and a photocopy of the data page.
3. Valid visa of the destination country (or region) and connecting flight tickets.
I am Pakistani passport holder having residential visa in Xi'an (X-visa) and want to appear in IELTS UKVI CB in Hongkong, since the test is halted in the mainland due to current epidemic COVID-19. So from where and how can i get the HK visa for the test only? thanks
I will start reading my PhD in Hong Kong this year. I have a 10-month-old daughter. As she needs to be taken care of by me I want to take her and my mother to Hong Kong with me. How much of money does HKSAR want me to save in my bank to request S type visa for them?