Hainan 30-Day Visa-Free Access
Hainan Visa-Free Countries List - 59 Countries
6 American Countries: the United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile
2 Oceania Countries: Australia, New Zealand
25 Schengen Agreement Countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
15 Other European Countries: Russia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia (FYROM), Albania, Belarus, Monaco
11 Asian Countries: Korea, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Kazakhstan, the Philippines, Indonesia, Brunei, United Arab Emirates, Qatar
Eligible Ports for Hainan 30-Day Visa-Free Access
Airports Contact Information
Haikou Meilan International Airport: 0898-65760114
Sanya Phoenix International Airport: 0898-88289390
Areas Allowed to Stay - The Whole Hainan Province
Foreigners eligible for this 30 days visa exemption entry can travel inside Hainan Province. Going to mainland China from Hainan is not allowed if not having an appropriate visa.
Those wishing to visit mainland China, or extend their stay in Hainan, can ask their travel agency to help them apply for a regular Chinese visa from the Exit and Entry Administration of the local Public Security Bureau.
How to Apply for Hainan 30-Day Free Visa Access
Tickets for Round-trip International Flight or Cruise Ships
Travel Itinerary to Hainan
Registering Yourself with a Local Travel Agency Is a Must
Highlights in Hainan
World-renowned Tourist Attractions
Boao Forum for Asia
By utilizing this 30 days visa-free access, it’s convenient for you to make a trip or take part in the business or official conference in Hainan.
Recommended Guided Tour: 5 Days Haikou & Sanya Tour
The 30-day Hainan landing visa is still issued at available ports in Haikou and Sanya, and it permits holders to exit China from other Chinese cities. You can extend the visa on arrival if wishing to stay longer in China.
Differences between Hainan Visa on Arrival & 30-day Free Visa Access
|Eligible Nationalities||Cost||Travel Agency Involved?|
|Visa on Arrival||Most countries but except US and France||CNY 168 - 956 depending on nationality||No|
|30-day Free Visa Access||59 countries||Free||Yes|
Further Reading: China Visa
2- If not please advise me.
In reality, you have three options, but there is no "free visa" option. Your options are:
1. To apply for Hainan VOA upon your landing in Sanya or Hiakou
2. To rely on 30 day visa free access
3. To obtain a Chinese tourist (L) visa in advance
1. You can rely on Hainan VOA, but only if you are arriving to Hainan via Hong Kong. The airport staff in practically all non Chinese airports will not allow you boarding a plane. Only Hong Kong airport staff is trained enough to allow travelers who intend to apply for Hainan VOA to board the plane. The main drawbacks of this option is a price for US citizens of 956 CNY and the fact that you cannot arrive to Hainan from within mainland China. A huge advantage is that it requires a minimum of formalities and it is also valid for 30 days out of which you are allowed to spend 15 days in other parts of mainland China.
2. 30 day visa free access requires an agency, bur regardless of agency, you are completely free to create your own itinerary and to choose your own accommodations. The main drawbacks of this option are the fact that you have to make a correspondence with the agency that will try to convince you to take as much as possible of their services. Also, you are not allowed to arrive to Hainan from within mainland China and also you are not allowed to travel to other parts of mainland China after your stay in Hainan is over. Here you pay for a service that you will take and not for a visa because this is visa free access. The best agency to deal with is Hong Kong based China Travel Service - CTS (HK). The good detail is that you will receive some form of invitation letter and you will be allowed to board the plane in every country that has a direct flight to Hainan.
3. You can obtain a Chinese tourist (L) visa. US citizens are eligible for 10 year, multiple entry visa and you are allowed to arrive and depart to/from Hainan in the absolute sovereign way from within mainland China and to return to mainland China. Literally as you wish. The maind drawbacks of this option are formalities in obtaining a one.
Now when you know, you can make a decision which one of the mentioned options will you choose.
I am from Spain and have for next month a return ticket from HonKong(HKG) to Sanya airport(SYX) and want to be sure I won't have any problem to get the VOA once I arrive in Sanya. And if is easy to find the place to get it and won't have problem when I will check in.
Thanks for everything.
Please, have in mind that when using 30 day visa free access, you cannot arrive in Hainan from within mainland China. Your flight into Hainan has to be from a country different than mainland China.
When you are arriving to Sanya from Hong Kong, you are assured that you will be allowed to board the plane when you declare that you will rely on Hainan VOA. So, you can rely on Hainan VOA and this is exactly what will you tell to the authorities in Hong Kong. Basically, your situation is simple and you will just apply for Hainan VOA upon your arrival in Sanya. Keep in mind to have your flight tickets and your accommodation booking printed out, ready to be presented to the immigration authorities in Sanya. One more detail, the VOA price for UK citizens is 304 CNY.