November to next April is the most ideal time when the weather is not too hot. Even in winter, it is warm but not cold, thus attracting many people to escape the winter coldness of the Northern Hemisphere. However, you’d better avoid going there around Chinese New Year in late January to middle February, when the travel cost rises rapidly because many Chinese flow in there to spend their holiday.
Annual Weather Facts of Major Cities
- High Temp: 32~34℃ (90~93℉)
- Low Temp: 15~17℃ (59~63℉)
- Humidity: 84%
- Rainfall: 1,649mm
- Details of Haikou Weather
- High Temp: 31~33℃ (89~91℉)
- Low Temp: 19~21℃ (66~70℉)
- Humidity: 79%
- Rainfall: 1,393 mm
- Details of Sanya Weather
Hainan Climate & Seasons
Hainan climate is warm and hot in all seasons. The temperature is generally high and does not vary much throughout the year. It doesn’t have a clear division of the four seasons. When traveling to Hainan, all scenic areas can be visited at all times, except when it rains or typhoon hits.
Spring (Mar - Apr)
With the temperature at 20~30℃ (68~86℉) and less rainfall, it is relatvely a good season to visit Hainan.
What to Wear: thin T-shirt, blouse, shorts, dress, leisure shoes…
Summer (May - Sep)
Summer in Hainan is long with five months. It is not recommended to go in summer, especially during July to September, because the weather is hot and the ultraviolet radiation is too strong, might making you get sunstroke or sunburn. Also, it rains more often.
What to Wear: quick-dry T-shirt, skirt, shorts, sandals…
Autumn (Oct - Nov)
The climate in autumn is similar to that in spring.
What to Wear: short sleeves, shirt & blouse, sweatpants…
Winter (Dec - Jan)
In winter, the coldest time in a year, the climate is still warm with temperature at 15~21℃ (59~70℉). Therefore, Hainan in winter attracts most travelers from worldwide, which also leads to higher travel cost.
What to Wear: T-shirt, light pants, light overcoat, casual shoes…
1. No matter whenever you travel to Hainan, well protect yourself from sunburnt. A pair of sunglasses and sun hat are always necessary. Also, a pair of slippery will be very convenient to visit the beaches.
2. Besides visiting the scenic areas like Tianya Haijiao, Wuzhizhou Island, and Yalong Bay, don’t forget to try the local various sea foods and tropical fruits. However, go to the reliable restaurants in case of being robbed.
You May Like:
Top 10 Things to Do in Hainan