China Embassy in Finland

 Visa Application Form of PRC

Ambassador: Mr. Yu Qingtai
Address: Vanha kelkkamäki 11, Kulosaari, 00570, Helsinki
Tel: +358-9-22890110, 22890162, 22890167
Fax: +358-9-679851, 22890149
Office Hours: 08:30 - 12:00 and 13:30 - 16:30, Monday - Friday (Except Holidays)  

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Finland

Address: Vanha kelkkamaki 9-11, Kulosaari, 00570, Helsinki
Tel: +358-9-22890129
Fax: +358-9-22890155
Office Hours: 09:00-11:30, Monday - Friday (except holidays)


Regular Fee per Person

Types Finnish Citizens American Citizens Citizens From Other Countries
Single-Entry EUR 60 EUR 120 EUR 33
Double-Entry EUR 90 EUR 120 EUR 50
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity EUR 120 EUR 120 EUR 60
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity EUR 180 EUR 120 EUR 100
Group Type EUR 48 EUR 96 EUR 27
1. Chinese embassy does not accept Cash or Personal checks as means of payment. Please pay by Visa, MasterCard or Visa Electron. 
2. Fees for other countries may differ from that listed above, and will be charged according to the reciprocity agreement by the Chinese Embassy.

1. The regular processing time is 4 working days.
2. The Embassy has suspended the express and rush service to the applicants temporarily from July 5, 2012.
3. Mailed applications are not acceptable.
4. No appointment is required for submission of application.
5. Applications can be dropped off by someone else entrusted or a travel agent at the Consular Section of the Embassy if applicants cannot go in person. 
6. Applicants can pick up their passports themselves or by someone else entrusted or travel agencies with the pickup form (pink colored) on or after the pick-up date.

Main Visa Types & Requirements

Types Purpose
Tourist (L) It is issued for an alien who comes to PRC for sight-seeing.
Business (F/M) F is issued for an alien who comes to PRC for non-commercial business activities, such as research, lecture, science and technology exchange visits on invitation.
M is issued to those who intend to visit for commercial and trade activities.
Employment/Work (Z) It is issued for applicants going to PRC for employment or work.
Student (X)

It is issued for an alien who comes to PRC for study.
X1 is for those who plan to stay for more than 6 months, while X2 is issued for short stay.

Private Visit (S) It is issued to family members who intend to visit the foreigners with Z or X in PRC, or to those who intend to go to PRC for other private affairs.
Family Reunion (Q) It is issued to family members of Chinese citizens or foreigners with permanent residence in PRC.
Transit (G) It is issued for applicants going to PRC for transit to another country/region.
Hong Kong SAR & Macao SAR Visas Finnish citizens (including Chinese who have joined Finnish Nationality) are exempt from Visa to both Hong Kong and Macao for 90 days.

The Map of the Embassy

Address: Vanha kelkkamäki 11, Kulosaari, 00570, Helsinki

Take Bus No. 16 at City Center to Vanha Kelkkamäki.
Take Subway to Kulosaari, and then walk southward about 300 meters (328 yards).

 Please contact Embassy of Finland in PRC if Finns are in problems there.
 China Tour from Helsinki Finland
 Related Chinese Embassies in Europe: France, Germany, Greece

- Last modified on Mar. 12, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Finland
Asked by Kara from USA | Aug. 18, 2019 02:11Reply
Us citizen wanting to apply for Chinese Visa in Helsinki
Can a US citizen apply for a Chinese 10 yr visa in Helsinki? I an going to continue traveling and wint be home before I plan to go to China.

Answers (1)
Answered by Gillian from UNITED KINGDOM | Aug. 19, 2019 02:43

yes, you can.
Asked by Tarja from AUSTRALIA | Jul. 05, 2019 15:55Reply
Finnish living in Australia
I am a Finnish citizen and I live in Australia. I would like to visit China for three weeks in September.
Can I apply for visa here in Australia?
Answers (1)
Answered by Joey from UNITED KINGDOM | Jul. 08, 2019 00:12

Yes, you can.
Asked by PO from FINALND | Sep. 10, 2018 13:29Reply
Do I need a visa to visit Beijin for 4 days?
Hello, I have Finnish passport and will be in Beijin China for 4 days.
Can I enter China via Beijin international airport for madx 5 days duration without entry permit?
If not, what is the maximum duration for which I can enter without Visa?
Answers (1)
Answered by Wilder from FRANCE | Sep. 10, 2018 20:32

Hi, if your travel route would be Finland-Beijing (4 days)-another country or region instead of Finland, you can apply for 144h twov in Beijing. No visa will be required.
Asked by Minh from VIETNAM | Apr. 21, 2018 08:42Reply
Hongkong visa. I am a vietnamese citizen living in Finland.
I am transiting in Hongkong for almost a day and I am planning to get out of the airport to visit the city a bit before flying to Vietnam! is it so that I should apply via the China embassy in Helsinki?
Answers (1)
Answered by Glen from ITALY | Apr. 23, 2018 03:07

Yes, you should apply for a visa for HK via the China embassy in Helsinki.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)