China Embassy in Ghana
Visa Application Form of PRC
Ambassador: Ms. Sun Baohong
Address: No. 6, Agostino Neto Road, Airport Residential Area, Accra, Ghana
P. O. Box: 3356 Accra
Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Ghana
Address: No. 5A, 6th Circular Road, Cantoments, Accra
Tel: +233-30-2797437 (Visa Enquiry: 09:00 - 12:00, Tuesday and Thursday)
09:00-12:00, 15:00-17:00, Monday, Wednesday and Friday (except holidays)
China Visa Requirements & Check List
There are five categories of ordinary visas issued by China embassy in Ghana and they are Business Visa (F/M), Student Visa (X1/X2) and Work Visa (Z).
1. The original and copy of passport valid for more than 6 months with at least 2 blank pages
2. Application form with one white background passport size photo
Supporting Requirements for each category
F (non-business visiting or exchange)
1. Original Invitation Letter issued by an authorized unit (local government)
2. Return tickets and hotel reservations
3. Introductory letter from company
4. The original and copy of financial guarantee, such as personal bank account statement or recent pay slips from employer (4 months or more)
M (business or commercial purposes)
1. Introductory letter from company
2. Original Invitation Letter by an authorized unit or invitation letter from business partner or a fair
3. Copy of registration certificate and tax clearance
4. Original and copy of finance guarantee, as personal bank account statement or recent pay slips from employer (4 months or more)
5. Return tickets and hotel reservations
1. Original and copy of JW201/JW202 form from the institution (not required for applicants of X2)
2. Original and copy of valid admission letter from an institution
3. Physical examination with a passport size photo for foreigners (need to be attested at the court)
4. Original and copy of financial guarantee for self-support students
5. Birth certificate
1. Original Invitation Letter from an authorized unit/Confimred Letter of Invitation
2. Alien Employment Permit/ Foreign Experts Certificate/ Registration Certificate of Foreign Enterprises Permanent Office in China
Regular Fee per Person
|Visa Types||Ghanaian Citizens||Citizens of Other Countries|
|Single-Entry||USD 50||USD 35|
|Double-Entry||USD 75||USD 50|
|Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity||USD 100||USD 65|
|Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity||USD 150||USD 100|
|Hong Kong Visa/Entry Permit||USD 30||USD 30|
Expedited Service Fee per Person
|1 - 2 working day processing||USD 40|
|3 working days processing||USD 25|
Note: Fee are required to be paid to Standard Chartered Bank, applicants must pick up their passport with the payment receipt.
Please contact Embassy of Ghana in China if Ghanaians are in troubles there.
Related Chinese Embassies in Africa: Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Nairobi, Kenya
Checklist for tourist visa application documents:
1. Original passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of application,with 2 or more blank visa pages.
2. Photocopy of the information page and extension page(if applicable) of the passport.
3. One fully completed Visa Application Form with a recently-taken color passport photo(full face,front view,and bare head, against a light background, size 48X33mm) attached.
4. An Invitation Letter issued by you and a photocopy of your residence permit.
5. Air ticket and paid hotel reservation receipt, etc.
6. Original Bank Statement within latest four months and the statement shall be signed and stamped by the bank.
For the baby, the following supplementary documents are required:
I. The original and photocopy of the unabridged birth certificate.
II. Photocopies of passports of both parents.
III. Notarized Parental Letter of Consent or the Affidavit from non-accompanying parent(s) authorizing the travel.