China Embassy in Ghana

 Visa Application Form of PRC

Ambassador: Ms. Sun Baohong
Address: No. 6, Agostino Neto Road, Airport Residential Area, Accra, Ghana
P. O. Box: 3356 Accra
Tel: +233-30-2761133
Fax: +233-30-2774527

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Ghana

Address: No. 5A, 6th Circular Road, Cantoments, Accra
Tel: +233-30-2797437 (Visa Enquiry: 09:00 - 12:00, Tuesday and Thursday)
Fax: +233-30-2797327
Office Hours:
09:00-12:00, 15:00-17:00, Monday, Wednesday and Friday (except holidays)

China Visa Requirements & Check List

There are five categories of ordinary visas issued by China embassy in Ghana and they are Business Visa (F/M), Student Visa (X1/X2) and Work Visa (Z). 

Basic Requirements

1. The original and copy of passport valid for more than 6 months with at least 2 blank pages
2. Application form with one white background passport size photo

Supporting Requirements for each category

 F (non-business visiting or exchange)
1. Original Invitation Letter issued by an authorized unit (local government)
2. Return tickets and hotel reservations
3. Introductory letter from company
4. The original and copy of financial guarantee, such as personal bank account statement or recent pay slips from employer (4 months or more)

 M (business or commercial purposes)
1. Introductory letter from company
2. Original Invitation Letter by an authorized unit or invitation letter from business partner or a fair
3. Copy of registration certificate and tax clearance
4. Original and copy of finance guarantee, as personal bank account statement or recent pay slips from employer (4 months or more)
5. Return tickets and hotel reservations 

1. Original and copy of JW201/JW202 form from the institution (not required for applicants of X2)
2. Original and copy of valid admission letter from an institution
3. Physical examination with a passport size photo for foreigners (need to be attested at the court)
4. Original and copy of financial guarantee for self-support students
5. Birth certificate

1. Original Invitation Letter from an authorized unit/Confimred Letter of Invitation 
2. Alien Employment Permit/ Foreign Experts Certificate/ Registration Certificate of Foreign Enterprises Permanent Office in China


Regular Fee per Person

Visa Types Ghanaian Citizens Citizens of Other Countries
Single-Entry USD 50 USD 35
Double-Entry USD 75 USD 50
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity USD 100 USD 65
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity USD 150 USD 100
Hong Kong Visa/Entry Permit USD 30 USD 30

Expedited Service Fee per Person

The regular processing time is 5 working days. For urgent cases, the expedited service is available. Moreover, additional fees will be paid as following:

1 - 2 working day processing USD 40
3 working days processing USD 25

Note: Fee are required to be paid to Standard Chartered Bank, applicants must pick up their passport with the payment receipt.

 Please contact Embassy of Ghana in China if Ghanaians are in troubles there. 

 Related Chinese Embassies in Africa: Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Nairobi, Kenya

- Last modified on Sep. 07, 2020 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Ghana
Asked by Abigail osei | Oct. 25, 2020 06:13Reply
Expired visa with new passport
I lost my passport when I returned to Ghana in January and i was able to do a new one but my visa has expired due to the pandemic. Please can I apply for a new visa with my new passport?
Asked by kwame from GHANA | Oct. 05, 2020 07:36Reply
resident permit
i have valid resident permit there a way i can fly to china even though the borders are now closed to ghanaians?
Answers (1)
Answered by Harley | Oct. 13, 2020 20:51

If you are holding a Q, S or Z visa, you can fly to China now as long as there are flights and you have a COVID-19 test report.
Asked by John from GHANA | Sep. 23, 2020 11:02Reply
When is chinese embassy in ghana opening application for international students from ghana
Answers (1)
Answered by Nancy | Sep. 28, 2020 00:20

John, it remains unknown at present. Please keep an eye on the website of the China embassy for latest information.
Asked by Peter prah from GHANA | Sep. 20, 2020 02:08Reply
I have family visa and want to go back to china. How?
Hello am peter from Ghana. I’m currently stuck in Ghana because of the pandemic but I want to go back to China. My visa got expired in August. I’m married to Chinese so I’m using family visa. I want to find out if they have special Way
for those with family visas to go back to china. I miss my wife. Thank you
Answers (3)
Answered by Derek | Sep. 23, 2020 23:39

Peter, you can apply for a new visa at the Chinese embassy after September 28, 2020.
Answered by Asaa | Oct. 11, 2020 23:15

Call 0558103231
Answered by Asaa | Oct. 11, 2020 23:17

0558103241 instead
Asked by Akosua Priscilla from GHANA | Sep. 20, 2020 00:20Reply
How can a trader in Ghana get an invitation letter
How can I get an invitation letter from government or suppliers in China
Answers (1)
Answered by Garry | Sep. 21, 2020 01:43

If you know some suppliers in China, you can ask them to provide it to you.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)