Home / Embassy / Asia /

China Embassy in Pakistan

 Visa Application Form of PRC 

Ambassador: Mr. Sun Weidong 
Address: Ramna 4, Diplomatic Enclave, Islamabad
Tel: +92-51-8255059, 
0315-6060000 (duty mobile phone)
Email: chinaemb_pk@mfa.gov.cn
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, Monday - Friday (except holidays)
Website: http://pk.chineseembassy.org/eng/

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Pakistan

Tel: +92-51-8355016 (24 Hours Voice Inquiry Service) 
     +92-51-8355015 (Operator answered during 09:00-12:00, 14:30-16:30 on working days)
Fax: +92-51-2279600
Consular Districts: Except Sind Province & Baluchistan Province

Consulate-General of the PRC in Karachi

Consul General: Mr. Ma Ya'ou
Address: Plot No. ST.20, Block 4, Clifton, Karachi
Tel: +92-21-35874168
Fax: +92-21-35874381
Office Hours: 09:00-12:30, 15:00-17:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Email: chinaconsul_khi_pk@mfa.gov.cn
Website: http://karachi.china-consulate.org/eng/

Consular Office

Tel: +92-21-35874266
Fax: +92-21-35373010
Office Hours:
09:00 – 12:00, Monday, Wednesday, Friday for application submission
15:30 – 16:30, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday for collection
Consular Districts: Sindh Province, Balochistan Province 

Visa Exemption

Diplomatic/official passport holders are exempted from a visa to Mainland for 30 days, to Hong Kong and Macao for 14 days. 

Chinese Visa Requirements

Basic Requirements:
1. Original passport with a validity of more than 6 months and at least 2 blank pages, and photocopies of the first 2 pages (personal information) of your passport and recent Chinese visas if any;
2. One fully completed Application Form in Chinese or English, attached with two recent color photograph (33mm X 48mm).
3. Generally applicants should come to the embassy/consulate  in person with required documents, and may answer questions from the consular officer.

Additional Requirements: 
 F/M for business
1. Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Entity or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by relevant Chinese entities (original).
2. F - An invitation letter issued by a relevant entity or individual in China. M - Documents on the commercial activity issued by a trade partner in China, or trade fair invitation relevant entity or individual.
3. A supporting letter from the organization which the applicant serves in.
4. Your bank statement (personal or company, the last six months)
5. Your taxpayer registration certificate (photocopy) and registration of the organization which you serves (photocopy) for M only.
5. Your round-trip air tickets and hotel booking (first time visit to China).

 L for tourism
For tourism in China, Pakistani nationals are requested to join a tourist group (more than 5 people), which should be arranged through a qualified local travel agency.

 Z for Employment
1. Original invitation or confirmation letter from an authorized government organization like the local Chinese foreign affairs office;
2. Registration Certificate of Foreign Enterprises Permanent Office in China/Alien Employment License of the PRC/Working Permit by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs;
3. Physical Examination Record for Foreigner and attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs;

 X for Study  
1. Original and photocopy of the Admission Letter issued by a school or other entities;
2. Original and photocopy of Application for Study ( Form JW 201 or JW 202);
3. Mark sheet/diploma (original and photocopy, photocopy should be attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Pakistan);
4. Physical Examination Record for Foreigner attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

 G for Transit 
An onward air (train or ship) ticket with confirmed date and seat to the destination country or region.

 S1/S2 for Family Visiting
1. Original invitation letter of Duly Authorized Entity or from a Chinese university
2. Original invitation letter from inviter (the inviters refer to foreigners who work or study in China)
3. Photocopy of inviter's residence permit or visa
4. Original and photocopy of kinship certificate between the applicant and inviter (such as marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc) and the certificate needs to be attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs
5. Physical Examination Certificate (not needed for applying S2)

 Q1/Q2 for Family Union
1. Original Invitation letter from inviter (the inviter refers to Chinese citizen or foreigners with Chinese permanent residence)
2. Photocopy of inviter's ID Card or foreigner's passport and permanent residence
3. Original and photocopy of attested kinship certificate (such as marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc)



Chinese visa fee for Pakistanis: They are exempted from any visa fees to mailand China.

Citizens of USA and other countries with ordinary passport are charged as following:

Entry Numbers American Citizens Romanian Citizens Citizens of Other Countries
Single Rs. 14,000 Rs. 7,500 Rs. 4,500
Double Rs. 14,000 Rs. 10,000 Rs. 6,500
Multiple Valid for 6 Months Rs. 14,000 Rs. 15,000 Rs. 9,000
Multiple Valid for 12 Months Rs. 14,000 Rs. 15,000 Rs. 13,000

Note: Regular processing time takes 4 working days. Service fee will be charged if you want to use expedited service.

 Please contact Embassy of Pakistan in China if Pakistanis are in distress there.

 Other Chinese Embassies in Asia: PalestineManila, PhilippinesDoha, Qatar, Saudi Arabia

- Last modified on May. 06, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Pakistan
Asked by Safi Ullah khan from PAKISTAN | Aug. 20, 2019 07:59Reply
I am retired from MCB Bank Limited(Schedule Bank of Pakistan) in 2015. I want to start a business in China like handicraft product.

I want your help to visit China. Please guide me regarding the process of visit and required documents and what can I do for an invitation letter.
Answers (1)
Answered by Austin | Aug. 21, 2019 00:40

Do you have a business partner in China? If yes, you should ask the business partne to get the invitation letter for you. Other relevant documents are your passport, application form, recent photo, business registration certificate...
Asked by Muhammad Adnan Akbar from PAKISTAN | Aug. 19, 2019 02:22Reply
What do we mean by official visa?
I am a government servant working as lecturer in english at Post Graduate College. My passport clearly states my profession. Can I avail 30 days visa free entry in China in order to visit different places in China???
Answers (1)
Answered by Linda from UNITED KINGDOM | Aug. 19, 2019 22:58

Yes, if you hold a diplomatic, service or official passports, or passport for public affairs, you can avail of the 30 days visa-free entry.
Asked by Waseem from PAKISTAN | Aug. 16, 2019 04:14Reply
Hi hello ,I would like to ask a simple question.i want to apply study visa for another province
Actually I already have study visa ,it will be expired September 10th ,but I want to change visa to another province ,mean I want to study in another university on CSC scholarship .Currently I am on university scholarship .mean point is this ,is it possible to get new visa for another province although I already have visa ?
Answers (2)
Answered by Syed from KARACHI | Aug. 16, 2019 14:23

Answered by Syed from PAKISTAN | Aug. 16, 2019 14:23

I need for visit visa
Asked by Ahmed from PAKISTAN | Aug. 15, 2019 08:46Reply
Require Information- a
My wife is doing PhD from China, she is studying there. We are Pakistani Nationals. I want to go china foe 2/3 weeks. What type of visa i need to apply and what type of documents I requires? Thank you
Answers (1)
Answered by Mathew from USA | Aug. 16, 2019 00:42

Ahmed, you can apply for an S2. Documents required include your passport, application form attached with your recent photo, an invitation letter from your wife, her temporary residence permit of China, and your marriage certificate.
Asked by Sobia Shahbaz from POLAND | Aug. 08, 2019 04:49Reply
Visit Visa for single person
So I need visit visa for myself only for 3-5 days. And somebody told me I can get visa on arrival if I travel to China by air. Is that true? Also the email addresses given above do not work and no body picks up phone as well. I don't know whom to contact now.
Answers (2)
Answered by Jeremy from USA | Aug. 08, 2019 20:32

Sobia, may I know your nationality? In most case, you cannot get VOA of China, so I think the person may refer to the 72 or 144 hrs visa-free transit policy, but it's only applicable to citizens of 53 countries.
Answered by Sobia shahbaz from POLAND | Aug. 09, 2019 00:42

My nationality is Pakistani.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)