Embassy & Consulates of Belgium in China

Embassy of the Kingdom of Belgium in Beijing

Ambassador: H.E. Mr. VINCK Marc
Address: No. 3, San Li Tun Lu, Chaoyang District, Beijing
Postal Code: 100600
Tel: (+86)10 6532 1736, 6532 1737, 6532 5848
Fax: (+86)10 6532 5097
Fax of visa office: (+86)10 6532 0713
24-Hour Phone: (+86) 139 0101 7409 (for emergencies but not for visa)
E-mail: beijing@diplobel.fed.be
Website: http://diplomatie.belgium.be/china/
Office Hours: 08:30 – 12:30, 13:30 – 17:00 (Monday-Friday)
Consular Regions: Other regions in China except for Hong Kong, Macao and the following consular regions


Consulate General of the Kingdom of Belgium in Guangzhou

Address: Room 702, 7 floor, Fuli Center, No. 10, Huaxia Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou
Postal Code: 510613
Tel: (+86)20 3877 2356, 3877 2351
Fax: (+86)20 3877 2353
Consular Regions: Guangdong Province, Fujian Province, Hainan Province, Yunnan Province, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region


Consulate General of the Kingdom of Belgium in Shanghai

Consul General: Mr. Bruno JANS
Address: No.127 Wu Yi Road, Shanghai (Postal Code: 200050)
Tel: (+86)21 6437 6579
Fax: (+86)21 6437 7041
Fax of Visa Office: (+86)21 6437 1125
Mobile Phone: (+86) 139 0165 6117 (only in case of emergency)
E-mail: shanghai@diplobel.org
Office Hours: 09:00 - 12:30 and 14:00 - 16:30 (Monday-Friday)
Consular Regions: Shanghai Municipality, Zhejiang Province, Jiangsu Province, Anhui Province

 Please contact Chinese Embassy in Belgium if Belgians will go to China.
 China Tour from Brussels Belgium

Selected Questions and Answers:

 Asked by Mr. Abari
Hello, I live in China with a student Visa and i have a girlfriend that is from Belgium and she is coming down to china for our wedding, please kindly let me know the requirment document needed that she will bring along or that she will get here when she arrive in China at the Belgium embassy in Beijing.

 Answered by Mr. Simon 
She should get a single-status certificate from a local notary office in Belgium, then the Single-status Certificate is authenticated by Belgium Foreign Affairs Ministry and the Chinese embassy in Belgium. She also needs to apply for a Chinese visa at the Chinese embassy in Belgium.

  Asked by Mr. Grant(Belgium)
Hi, I am going to start as a consultant for 3 months in Beijing. It was suggested that getting an F visa is the simplest way to do it (instead of the Z visa). I was wondering, do I need to convert the F visa to a Z visa, if so at what point (30 - 60 - or 90 days after arrival), and also, do I need a medical exam for an F visa (I know that for Z it is requried), and if so, do I get the exam here in the U.S. or China? thank you so much for you advice.

 Mr. Sinclair(PH)
A Chinese F business visa is ok for you, and medical report is not required if your stay won’t exceed 6 months.

- Last updated on Aug. 16, 2022 -
Questions & Answers on Embassy & Consulates of Belgium in China
Asked by Stijn from BELGIUM | Sep. 08, 2016 20:50Reply
Q2 type for more than 1 year
Hi, I am a Belgian national living in the US. My wife is a Chinese citizen who also lives here in the US. I visit China at least once a year with my wife and potentially multiple times per year for business by myself. US Citizens can now get a Chinese visa with 10 year validity. Will this be the case for Belgian citizens anytime soon as well ?
Answers (1)
Answered by Mel from IRELAND | Sep. 09, 2016 02:11

Stijin, it may be possible one day for Belgian citizens to apply for 10-year Q2 type. But there is no such kind of information up till now.
Asked by Tabinda Jabeen from BELGIUM | May. 06, 2016 12:41Reply
Procedure for legalization of Birth Certificate
Born in China Beijing 4 September 1978.
Presently living since 2007 in Belgium, Brussels.
Passport Pakistani
Request for Procedure for legalization of Birth Certificate from Belgium Embassy in Beijing, China, fee, account number, Email address, and concerned official address ete.
Answers (1)
Answered by Toby from AUSTRIA | May. 06, 2016 22:19

The first step is to prepare the required documents including the application form, the birth certificate, your passport, valid entry permit in PRC, and other relevant documents required by the consular officers. And then submit the application to the embassy of Belgium to attest it.
As for detailed information such as fee, you are advised to contact with the embassy and know about more.
Tel: +86 10 653 217 36
E-mail: beijingdiplobel.fed.be
Asked by Berkomah from CHINA | Apr. 21, 2016 00:02Reply
application of Belgian visa
hello I'm a Ghanaian student studying in China and i want to pay my uncle a visit in Belgium. am I qualified to apply for the visa and what is the requirements. Thanks
Kind Regards!
Answers (2)
Answered by James from SWITZERLAND | Apr. 21, 2016 21:41

Berk, as for your situation, you can apply for a tourist entry permit to go there to visit your uncle. The required documents can be shown as following:
1. Your passport and copy of its data page
2. The application form and 2 passport-photos
3. Proof of a valid travel insurance
4. Language preference form
5. Your residence permit in PRC
6. Invitation letter from your uncle
7. Proof of your financial support
Afterwards, you should submit your application to the VFS. Global to apply for it.
Answered by Berk from CHINA | Apr. 23, 2016 12:32

thank you very much James, I really appreciate your help it's really helpful to me
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)