Embassy of Brunei Darussalam in China

Embassy of Brunei Darussalam in Beijing

Ambassador: H.E.Mrs. Magdalene Teo
Address: North Street 1, Liang Ma Qiao, Chaoyang District
Postal Code: 100600
Tel: (+86)10 6532 9773, 6532 9776, 6532 4093
Fax: (+86)10 6532 4097

 People: Brunei Darussalam has a population of over 383,000 (in the end of 2006). Among this, Malays occupies 66.71 percent, Chinese people accounts for 11.2 percent and the other are other races.

 Capital: Bandar Seri Begawan is the capital. Occupying an area of 15.8 square kilometers (6.1 square miles), the capital city has a population of about 60,000 people at the end on 2001.

 Language: Malay is the official language. Besides, English and Chinese are widely used throughout the country.

 Religion: People in Brunei Darussalam take Islam as their state religion. Buddhism, Christianity and Taoism are also popular with people.

 Geography: Covering an area of 5, 765 square kilometers (2,226 square miles), the country has a coastline of 161 kilometers (100 miles) and 33 islands. There is plain along the coastline, while the hinterland has a great number of mountains.

 Climate: It has a tropical rain forest climate and the average temperature is about 28 centigrade.

 Time Zone: It is in the same time zone with Beijing, 8 hours earlier than GMT.

  Landmark Building: Yansha Bridge, Kempinski Hotel Beijing

 Transportation: Bus No. 402, 413, 418, 419, 420, 503, 516, 688, 701, 707, 909, 955, 955Qu, Yuntong 107 to Yansha Qiao Dong.

 Please contact China Embassy in Brunei if this country's citizens will go to China.

Selected Questions and Answers:

 Asked by Mr. Ms. Chang
Dear Sir, Our company are going to hire a Technician from China.
So, we have query about the Visa... The work permit & letter from Immigration is been approved & issued, but according to Brunei's Immigration, that person need to go to the Embassy in Beijing  to take the Visa. But he is live at GuangXi, and it's a problem for him to get there as it is very far from his hometown. What we would like to know is there any other way, likes we can appoint any travel agent to get the Visa on behalf him. If yes, what should we prepare so that the travel agency can collect the Visa?

 Answered by Ms. Lily
I think you can entrust a capable travel agency to apply for it. I don't think any certificate you need to give the travel agency besides all of the documents required for visa. You may have to write an authorization letter for the travel agency.

  Asked by Jesus
Do i need a Visa to travel to china for a week or can i get one in honk Kong?

 Answered by Mr. Alex
It's possble for your to apply for a China visa in HK. But I advise you apply for the China visa from the China Embassy or Consulate-General in Mexico before the travel to make sure a smooth trip. Personally, I like to prepare all the things well ahead of a trip especially the travel certificates.

- Last modified on Feb. 01, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on Embassy of Brunei in China
Asked by Mohamad Alipah Haji Jumat from BRUNEI | Jan. 14, 2019 21:08Reply
my one way trip Kota Kinabalu - Hongkong- Guangzhou - Kota Kinabalu
i am bruneian andd i am planning on vacation one way trip from Kota kinabalu(sabah) to Hongkong and from Hongkong we go to Guangzhou and from Guangzhou(Baiyun Airport) back to Kota kinabalu is there any specific travel document required
Answers (1)
Answered by Kelly from THAILAND | Jan. 14, 2019 22:04

You can enjoy free entry to China for 15 days. You can prepare your passport and enough travel fees.
Asked by Nurul Mahmudah from BRUNEI | Jul. 28, 2018 21:56Reply
visa, Iam holder indonesian passport but iam bruneian permanent resident bcs married bruneian...
we want to visit hongkong and go to shezhen china...my husband no need entry permit cos holder bruneian pasport...how about me?should i apply chinese or hongkong visa?
Answers (1)
Answered by Hiram from UK | Jul. 30, 2018 00:46

You can enjoy free entry to HK for a stay of not exceeding 30 days. If you go there for not more than 30 days, no HK visa is needed. You are supposed to apply for mainland visa for Shenzhen. Or you can try to contact the Luohu port to inquire if you can get Shenzhen VOA. If you can get it, you don't need to apply for mainland visa, either.
Asked by Haru from BRUNEI | Feb. 16, 2018 03:34Reply
Bruneian marrying someone from china in China. What are the procedures?
Answers (4)
Answered by Gloria from USA | Feb. 22, 2018 03:03

Haru, you need to provide passport, visa or residence permit in China, and a single status certificate from your country, and then register your marriage in China's Civil Affairs Bureau.
Answered by Haru from BRUNEI | Feb. 22, 2018 04:07

Thank you for replying. Where do I get the single status certificate?
Answered by Gloria | Feb. 22, 2018 19:18

You may apply for it from the police station in your registered permanent residence in your home country.
Answered by Haru from BRUNEI | Feb. 23, 2018 02:37

Thank you for replying. I see. Thank you very much.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)