Home / Embassy / Asia /

China Embassy in Brunei

 Visa Application Form of PRC 

Ambassador: Mr. Yang Jian
Address: No.1, Simpang 462, Kampung Sungai Hanching Baru, Jalan Muara, BC 2115, Bandar Seri Begawan
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 121, Post Office MPC, Bander Seri Begawan, BB3577
Tel: +673-2-2339609
Email: embproc@brunei.bn
Website: http://bn.china-embassy.org/eng/

Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Brunei

Address: No.17, Simpang 465-7, Kampong Sungai Hanching, Jalan Muara, Bandar Seri Begawan BC2115, Brunei Darussalam
Tel: +673-2-334163, 332755 
        +673-2-8960711 (for Consular Protection)
Fax: +673-2-335380
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays) 

The Map of the Embassy

Address: No.1, Simpang 462, Kampung Sungai Hanching Baru, Jalan Muara, BC 2115, Bandar Seri Begawan

Visa Exemption

No visa is required for ordinary passport holders from Brunei to visit China for up to 15 days for sightseeing, doing business, visiting relatives and friends or transit. Passengers shall enter into, exit from or transit through the Chinese ports open to international travelers. 
For diplomatic passport or Official passport holders, ordinary passport holders who intend to stay for more than 15 days or intend to study, work, reside or gather news, they are also required to apply for visas before visit.


Regular Fee per Person

Types brunei Citizens American Citizens Citizens of Other Countries
Single-Entry with 3-month Validity BND 20 BND 200 BND 55
Double-Entry with 6-month Validity BND 30 BND 200 BND 80
Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity BND 40 BND 200 BND 110
Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity BND 60 BND 200 BND 165
Hong Kong Visa BND 50 BND 50 BND 50

Note: Hong Kong Visa is a double-entry and its duration of each stay in Hong Kong is 7 days or 14 days.

Expedited Service Fee per Person

The regular processing time is 4 working days. For urgent cases, the expedited service is available. Moreover, additional fees will be paid as following:
1 working day processing
(Application should be submitted before 10:00, then it can be picked up on the same day)
BND 55
2-3 working days processing BND 40

 Please contact Embassy of Brunei in China if this country's people are in troubles there.
Related Chinese Embassies in Asia: Cambodia, Georgia, India
- Last modified on May. 04, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on China Embassy in Brunei
Asked by Hazman from BRUNEI | Jul. 19, 2019 03:59Reply
I am holding malaysian passport.
I married to bruneian and holding a PR in brunei. Planing to go to china. Please what should i do before go to china
Answers (1)
Answered by Olive from USA | Jul. 21, 2019 23:25

Hazman, are you going to China for traveling? If so, you should apply for L type, which needs to provide PR card in Brunel, round trip flight tickets and hotel reservation.
Asked by Selena from BRUNEI | May. 29, 2019 03:43Reply
General inquiry
Hello. I am brunei CI passport holder and planning to move aboard to shanghai for work experience, probably will be staying there for years. Any advice?
Answers (1)
Answered by Oliver from USA | May. 29, 2019 23:20

Hi, you can apply for work visa, and then apply for temporary residence permit at local Public Security Bureau Exit and Entry Administration within 30 days upon arrival.
Asked by Shahrom from BRUNEI | Apr. 21, 2019 16:33Reply
Do i need a visa to go to nanning china?
Hi im brunei passport holder...do i need a visa to go to Nanning China...i will go next month for music festival around 11 days...
Answers (1)
Answered by Katherine from FRANCE | Apr. 21, 2019 20:59

No. Brunei passport holders enjoy a free entry to China if the intended stay is not more than 15 days.
However, you need to prepare the return ticket and hotel booking for immigration check.
Asked by K.S. Lim from BRUNEI | Apr. 19, 2019 19:55Reply
I hold Brunei ICI travel document - do I require to apply visa to China for social visit?
Answers (1)
Answered by Selina from USA | Apr. 22, 2019 01:13

Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)