Embassy & Consulate of Jamaica in China

Embassy of Jamaica in Beijing

Ambassador:  H.E.Mr. E. Courtenay Rattray
Address: Room 6-2-72, Jian Guo Men Wai Diplomatic Compound, No. 1 Xiu Shui Jie
Postal Code: 100600
Tel: (+86)10 6532 0670, 6532 0671, 6532 0667
Fax: (+86)10 6532 0669
E-mail: embassy@jamaicagov.cn

 Notice for Visa Application
No.1 Please make an appointment by telephone in advance. From 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, visa applicants can attend the interviews.
No.2 Chinese citizens who hold Diplomatic or Service passports can stay there without visas for ten days. If you exceed ten days, you need to apply for extension from Jamaican Immigration Department. Those who hold passports for public affairs or ordinary passports are required to apply for visas.
No.3 Chinese citizens can apply for visas at Embassy in Beijing, and Honorary Consulates in Shanghai and Hong Kong. 

 Entry Notice
No.1 Chinese citizens are required to have valid Chinese passports and visas. Those who hold Diplomatic and Service passports needn't apply for visas.
No.2 Better bring the approval letter issued by Jamaican Immigration Department, name and telephone of the person who invites you. When having problems in entering the border, you can ask the immigration officers to inquire the person who invites you.

 Customs Requirements
No.1 When entering Jamaica, you need to declare the electrical appliances and other valuables and the customs will levy tariffs on these items.

No.2 Jamaica forbids the entry of fresh foods.

 Please contact China Embassy in Jamaica if Jamaicans will go to China.
- Last modified on Sep. 28, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on Embassy & Consulate of Jamaica in China
Asked by Nadine from JAMAICA | Sep. 27, 2019 02:05Reply
I am a Jamaican citizen visiting my mom who works in China.
Can my S2 visa be changed to S1 or X1 without having to go Back to Jamaica?
Answers (2)
Answered by Amanda from CANADA | Sep. 28, 2019 20:35

It's possible. You can have a try at the local exit and entry administration by submitting all necessary documents.
Answered by Nadine from CHINA | Sep. 28, 2019 23:09

Thank you
Asked by shae from CHINA | Mar. 22, 2018 20:33Reply
How long should it take to renew my Jamaican passport from China?
Answers (1)
Answered by James from ICELAND | Mar. 22, 2018 22:05

Hi, you are advised to call the Jamaica embassy in China to get the definite answer for that. Tel:(8610) 6532-0667 6532 0670-1
Asked by Dwayne Datoni from CHINA | Dec. 16, 2017 02:16Reply
Can I change my student visa to a work Z type?
Answers (1)
Answered by Emma from BELGIUM | Dec. 17, 2017 20:44

Yes, you can give it a try.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)