Embassy & Consulate of Laos in China

Embassy of the Lao People's Democratic Republic in Beijing

Ambassador: H.E. Mr. Vichit Xindavong
Address: No. 11, Dong Si Street, San Li Tun, Beijing 100600
Tel of Different Offices:

Administrative Office: (+86)10 6532 1224
Defense Attaché's Office: (+86)10 6532 5445
Culture & Education Office: (+86)10 6532 5652
Commercial Office: (+86)10 6532 3601
Fax: (+86)10 6532 6748

There are Yan'an Hospital and Tuodong Sports Center (Tuodong Stadium) close to the Lao Consulate General. This consulate was opened on December 25, 1993.

 Notices for Chinese Going to Laos

1. About Lao Visa
Please go to Lao Embassy in Beijing or Lao Consulate General in Kunming to apply for visa. Chinese citizens holding diplomatic passport, service passport or passport for public affaires are exempt from Lao visa. The Single-Entry Business Visa or Tourist Visa holders can stay in Laos for up to 30 days. The duration of stay of Transit Visa is 7 days. After entering Laos, immigrants must engage in corresponding activities according to the visa types, otherwise, they will be regarded as illegal activities and punished.

2. About Lao Entry
Stated as the Sino-Laos Border System Treaty, Chinese citizens holding the Sino-Laos Border Permit can only go to Phongsali Province, Luang Nam Tha Province, Oudomxay Province and Bokeo Province. Except for the above areas, Chinese must take valid passports to go to the other areas in Lao. Otherwise, the Lao side will punish them for illegal entry.

Not more than 5,000 American dollars are allowed to taken into Laos. If you take exceeding 5,000 American dollars, you should first get the approval of Foreign Exchange Administrative Bureau.

3. About Frequently-Occurring Disease & Suggestions
The hepatitis and diarrhea frequently occur in Laos. From May to November (Rain Season) in every year, dengue fever and malaria (infected by mosquito) are prevalent. The condition of medical care here is backward. Therefore, you'd better bring some common medicines and mosquito net.

 Please contact China Embassy in Laos if Laotians will go to China.

- Last modified on Aug. 09, 2018 -
Questions & Answers on Embassy & Consulate of Laos in China
Asked by Golam Rashid Ali from CHINA | Aug. 09, 2018 21:49Reply
Regarding Laos visa
Highly appreciable if some body give Laos Embassy office address in Guangzhou/
I want tourist visa.

Guangzhou, China
Answers (1)
Answered by Tommy | Aug. 09, 2018 23:22

It should be: Room 905, 9F, Guangdong International Building, No. 339, East City Ring Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou TEL: 020 83340710
Asked by majid from IRAN | Jun. 06, 2018 00:12Reply
Does it have laos consulate in guangzhou ?
Answers (1)
Answered by Eve from FRANCE | Jun. 06, 2018 04:31

Hi, as I know, there is one in Guangzhou. Address: Room 905-906, 9F, No. 339, East Huanshi Road, Guangzhou. Just for reference.
Asked by Lisa from CHINA | Nov. 22, 2016 13:33Reply
apply for the visa what the datas I need bring
Answers (2)
Answered by Lily from IRELAND | Nov. 22, 2016 21:26

You may need to provide those documents: your passport and its photocopy, two passport style photos taken recently, the application form, the original and photocopy of your residence permit in China, and round-trip tickets and hotel reservations. You can contact the embassy to ask for more information.
Answered by Lisa from CHINA | Nov. 23, 2016 09:14

Thank you for your offer of help.
Asked by Mark Fudemberg from CHINA | Nov. 10, 2015 18:12Reply
Laos criminal check
I taught in Lao from May 2014 to September 2015. Is it possible to get a criminal background record for my time in Laos? I need this as part of my Chinese Visa application.
Answers (5)
Answered by Dora from FRANCE | Nov. 11, 2015 03:23

Mark, you can get this criminal check, but I'm afraid the Laos embassy in China will not issue you this certificate. You may have to go back to the country to get it.
Answered by Mark from CHINA | Nov. 11, 2015 04:48

Thanks. Do you know which Lao authority? That's the information I hoped the Lao Embassy could provide.
Answered by Alice from SINGAPORE | Nov. 11, 2015 21:48

Mark, you can go to the Ministry of Justice on That Luang Road in Vientiane City, Laos.
Answered by Mark from CHINA | Nov. 12, 2015 04:22

Can I have my former employer request it?
Answered by Alice | Nov. 14, 2015 01:45

Mark, I don't know if you are required to request it on your own or you can just ask someone else to get it on your behalf. If you are still in contact with your former employer, you can inquire how to get the criminal check.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)