Chinese: 猴 hóu
1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016, 2028
Monkey is a clever animal. It is usually compared to a smart person. During the Spring and Autumn Period (770 - 476 BC), the dignified Chinese official title of marquis was pronounced 'Hou', the same as the pronunciation of ‘monkey’ in Chinese. The animal was thereby bestowed with auspicious meaning.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Shen
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Jin (Metal)
Yin Yang: Yang
Lucky Signs for Monkey:Lucky Numbers: 1, 7, 8
Lucky Colors: white, gold, blue
Lucky Flowers: chrysanthemum, alliums
Lucky Directions: north, northwest, west
- Unlucky Numbers: 2, 5, 9
- Unlucky Colors: red, black, grey, dark coffee
- Unlucky Direction: east
enthusiastic, self-assured, sociable, innovative
jealous, suspicious, cunning, selfish, arrogant
- Perfect Matches: Ox, Rabbit
They seem like made for each other when they were born, having several similarities in personality and life. Both of them can tolerate everything of each other, as long as they have enough space and freedom. Their love lives are full of fun because they have strong sense of curiosity to know each other. Usually, they share common attitudes and opinions towards life.
- Bad Matches: Tiger, Pig
Holding different values and views, they don’t have many common topics in daily life. It’s difficult for them to communicate with patience and respect. Quarrels and conflicts will bring lots of negative influences to their relationship.
- See more about Chinese Zodiac Sign Compatibility
- Blood Type O: The honest and frank personality help them win high popularity among surrounding people.
- Blood Type A: They are always full of passion towards work and study. Meanwhile, born talents also enhance their charms.
- Blood Type B: They are good at expressing their own opinions and communicating with others but not stubborn to reject others’ suggestions.
- Blood Type AB: Performing in front of the public is their favorite thing. They pursue benefit and efficiency but lack patience.