Chinese: 虎 hǔ
1914, 1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010, 2022
Tigers, considered to be brave, cruel, forceful, stately and terrifying, are the symbol of power and lordliness. In ancient times, people usually compared emperors or grandees with the tiger. Court officials often said that 'accompanying the emperor is just like being at the side of a tiger'. There are also many legends about this animal.
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Yin
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Mu (Wood)
Yin Yang: Yang
Lucky Signs for Tiger:Lucky Numbers: 1, 3, 4
Lucky Colors: grey, blue, white, orange
Lucky Flowers: cineraria, anthurium
Lucky Directions: south, east, southeast
- Unlucky Numbers: 6, 7, 8
- Unlucky Colors: gold, silver, brown, black
- Unlucky Direction: northwest
Tolerant, loyal, valiant, courageous, trustworthy, intelligent, virtuous
Arrogant, short-tempered, hasty, traitorous
- Best Matches: Dragon, Horse, Pig
They can encourage and help each other, and they can be the best lovers as well as rivals. They are all ambitious and share the same value in life and money. The couple can lead a harmonious life.
- Bad Matches: Ox, Tiger, Snake, Monkey
They are both aggressive, and seldom make compromise, so the relationship will be nipped in the bud. If getting married, financial problems would result in their breakup.
- See more about Chinese Zodiac Sign Compatibility
- Blood Type O: They are outgoing and considerate, always keeping a sober mind. They will not easily give in when meeting difficulties but confront them bravely.
- Blood Type A: Stable, obedient, they can always arrange their life in good order. They pursue high quality of life, and they would like to impress people with a decent and noble image.
- Blood Type B: They are straightforward, awkward in speaking. They seek freedom always, and they are persistent to realize their dreams.
- Blood Type AB: Careful and cautious, they seldom make mistakes in work. They are tenderer than other people in this zodiac sign. Positive and humorous, they have many reliable friends.