Embassy of Armenia in China

Embassy of the Republic of Armenia in Beijing

Ambassador:  H.E. Mr. Armen Sargsyan
Address: No.9 Ta Yuan Nan Xiao Jie, Chaoyang District
Tel: (+86)10 6532 5677
Fax: (+86)10 6532 5654

 About Armenia
Capital: Yerevan
President: Serzh Sargsyan
Administrative Division: ten states and one state-level city
Area: 29,800 square kilometers
Population: 3,215,700 (93.3% Armenian)
Language: Armenian for offices and citizens; most the Armenians may understand Russian.
Religion: christianity

Currency: Armenia Dram
Time Zones: GMT +4
country Dialing Code: +374
Electrical Plugs: 220V 50Hz
Measures: Metric

 Location & Climate
Armenia is an inland country located in the south Transcaucasia, bordering Azerbaijan to the east, Turkey to the west, Iran to the south as well as Georgia to the north. This is a mountainous region that the 90% area of the whole country is about 1,000 meters above sea level. The climate also varied along with the ground's ups and downs, spanning from the sub-tropical climate to the cold zone. Usually, the hottest and coldest days respectively appear in every July and January.

This country has been invaded many times from the ancient time and still suffers attacks from the neighboring countries for the disputation related with belief and boundary. The earliest history can be traced back to the first Kingdom of Urartu which governed this region from 9th century BC to 6th century BC. Then, it was occupied by the Persian Empire and the Alexander's Seleucid Kingdom until to 321 BC. In the early of the 4th century, this region was unified by the Kingdom of Armenia and broke up again by the Eastern Roman Empire and the Persian Empire in 387. The region belonged to Rome was named Small Armenia as well as the Big Armenia was part of Persia.

Later, Armenia was carved up by Turkey and Iran for twice. While the Russia defeated Iran in 1828, the east Armenia was once occupied by Russian who has influenced its literature, art, religion and education deeply. In 1917, it was still under the control of Turkey and Great Britain The current Republic of Armenia was founded in 1990 and declared independence in 1991. 

 Please contact Chinese Embassy in Armenia if Armenians will go to China.

- Last modified on May. 22, 2019 -
Questions & Answers on Embassy of Armenia in China
Asked by Tatevik from ARMENIA | Nov. 29, 2016 19:35Reply
Hi I am now in China and want to know how to get police clearance certificate
I am Armeninan and already 5months living in China want to apply for Z visa. And I was asked to provide No criminal Record Certidicate. So I also wanted to know weather this certificate should show that I have no criminal record during my stay in China or that I dont have criminal record in my country?
Can you help me and tell me How can I get it?
Answers (1)
Answered by Jerry from NORWAY | Nov. 29, 2016 21:28

I’m afraid you need to get a police certificate from your home country. You should go to the local police station in your home country to ask for the police clearance certificate. If you cannot go back to get it in person, you can ask your family to get it on your behalf.
Asked by Li | Mar. 13, 2012 14:37Reply
where can i download the application for a tourist visa?
I am in Beijing now, but cant find how to download the application form, and there is not official website either. thank you very much.
Answers (1)
Answered by Joan | Mar. 14, 2012 02:17

You cna download the form from the official website of its Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Asked by Narine Karapetyan | Jan. 17, 2012 01:14Reply
Can holder of X visa(1 year) request to extend the term of validity for a month
If so, how much will be the fee for extending the stay in China for a month longer. If not, will be possible to request for short term tourist L without entry fee?
Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from UNITED STATES | Jan. 18, 2012 00:18

Do you mean you want to extend one month stay duration of your X? It is impossible to extend the validity of the X, for example, an X is issued on Feb 1, the last entry date for entry is May 1, the validity refers the period 3 months from Feb 1, 2012 to May 1, 2012.

On the other hand, X holder should apply for a residence permit within 30 days after arrival, you should hold a residence permit now if you have studied for a period. If the expiry date of residence permit is approching, you can apply for a tourist L one week before the expiry date of your residence permit, generally speaking, the local exit-entry administrative department of public security bureau will issue foreign students a tourist L with 30 days stay duration at most when the study will over, it gives time for them for packing and preparing to leave on time.
Asked by G | Jan. 11, 2012 04:32Reply
Can an Armenian who holds an F get a tourist visa to Vienna for a few days?
Answers (4)
Answered by Norman | Jan. 12, 2012 19:35

I am afraid you can't get a tourist visa to Vienna for a few days while in China because you don't work or reside in here.
Answered by G | Jan. 13, 2012 03:11

Oh Hi Norman and thanks for the reply. Can you also answer another question of mine. Then can I holding an F get a tourist visa to Hong Kong?
Answered by Albert | Jan. 13, 2012 20:17

If the F a you hold permits you to stay in China for 6 months, you can try to apply through Beijing Office of the Government of the Hong Kong SAR.

The contact information of the Beijing Office.
No.71, Di'anmen Xidajie, Xicheng District, Beijing
Postal Code 100009
Tel: (8610) 6657 2880
Fax (8610) 6657 2821
E-mail address: bjo-hksarg.org.cn|bjohksar
Answered by G | Jan. 13, 2012 22:42

Thanks a bunch to both of you
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)