1. Children under 120cm or under 6 years old can book free admission tickets, passports need to be presented when entering the site.
2. Child under 150cm (including infants) enjoy half price for cable car, please buy tickets on spot.
3. Seniors also need to pay full price for cable car, Fare for cable car is CNY90 for one-way and CNY160 for round-trip.
How to Book and Use
1. Book & pay online, get confirmation by email.
2. Present QR code and passports at Visitor Center for check-in.
3. Follow the staff on spot to take free shuttle bus to the Great Wall.
4. One time entry, please keep QR code well until your exit.
Great Wall Opening Hours: 9:00 - 17:00 (During Covid-19 Epidemic Control Period)
Great Wall Site Admission Hours: 9:00 - 15:00
Cable Car Service Hours: Uphill: 9:00-16:10; Downhill: 9:00-17:00
From East Tower No.1 to East Tower No.10
Route 1: Uphill by Cable Car - Walk to Tower No. 6 - Visit Tower No. 5 to No. 2 - turn back to Cable Car and downhill.
Route 2: Uphill to Tower No. 2 by walkway entrance - visit Tower No. 3 to 5 - walk to Cable Car station and downhill.
Change & Cancellation
1. Free cancellation if sending emails more than 24 hours before the visiting date.
2. Once the ticket is issued, booking service fee is non-refundable.
3. Partial cancellation is not accepted, tickets in one order have to be cancelled together.
4. Once the ticket is issued, no change can be applied. If you would like to make change, please cancel and rebook.
Although Simatai Great Wall is a little bit far from Beijing downtown compared with other sections of Great Wall around, it is still a place treasured by many people all over the world. Since 1987, Simatai Great Wall was registered on the UNESCO World Heritage List as it is the only architectural relics of Ming Dynasty which is well preserved in its original appearance. Miraculously, after going through winds, rains and even bombardment, the wall still stands solid here over hundreds of years. Dilapidated towers and steps did not weaken the beauty of the wall, instead, they are the symbol of its strength and vitality.
Another glamour of Simatai is its steepness. The wall winds up and down on cliff edge, you may feel dizzy if looking down. It was a natural and elaborate design that soldiers can attack enemies easily by taking advantage of commanding elevation and steep mountains.
On the mountain foot, a lake in azure blue lies quietly with ripples shining brightly under sunlight. After a taste of majestic Great Wall, tender winds will refresh your mind and increase your emotional well-being.
North of Simatai Village, Gubei Water Town, Miyun District, Beijing
How to get to Simatai Great Wall?
Take subway line 2, line 13 or Airport Express Line to Dongzhimen Station, then take Gubei Water Town Tourist bus (at the station of bus 855 and 942) directly, which takes about 2 hours and costs CNY 48 one-way trip. The buses depart at 9:00, 12:00, and 15:30, and one more bus at 14:00 will be added during weekends and holidays. The returning buses depart at 13:00, 17:00 and 21:00 from Gubei Water Town Parking Lot No. 2, and one more bus at 19:00 during weekends and holidays.
Take Bus 980 or 980 Express from Dongzhimen to Miyun Xidaqiao and then change to Miyun Bus 51 to Gubei Shuizhen (Gubei Water Town).