- Mini group of 1 to 6 guests with more personal care from your guide.
- Lowest Price Guarantee: We beat any price of the other tours at the same quality.
- All highlight attractions are included. We leave no regret to each of our guests.
- Experts' choice of Mutianyu Great Wall, ranked No.1 in Beijing attractions on TripAdvisor.
- Unlimited bottles of drinking water and small local refreshments are provided for free.
- We offer Free Headsets during the tour to keep away from the noisy museums.
- Professional English-speaking guide offers in-depth commentary and photography inspirations.
- No Shopping, No Tea Ceremony, No Detours, No Optional Hidden Extras! We include more attractions instead of wasting time at shopping motive stops. You have enough time at attraction sites for a pure sightseeing experience.
Day 01: Visit Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Mutianyu Great Wall, Bird's Nest
7:00 Hotel Pick-up
Welcome to join our 2 days Beijing small group tour! We will pick you up at your hotel in the morning to start your first day trip. Our tour guide will contact you to confirm the exact pick-up time one day before. In case you haven't received the pick-up message before 20:00, please contact your travel consultant anytime via phone or WeChat. We are available 24 hours.
8:00 Visit Tiananmen Square & Forbidden City
We will firstly drive to Tiananmen Square, the important center of political activities in China. After a walk at the square, we will go to visit the Forbidden City. For over 5 centuries, it is the largest royal palace complex in the world which has left us with many valuable cultural and historical heritages. As you walk around the grand palaces, you will enjoy its gorgeous ornaments and learn how the ancient Chinese emperors lived in the past. We will assure you 2.5 hours exploring the palace.
Take a pleasant walk around the Tiananmen Square
Explore the majestic Forbidden City in depth
11:30 Drive to Great Wall & Free time for Lunch
We will take a 1.5-hour drive to arrive at the Mutianyu Great Wall. To save you more time on the wall and to avoid the tourist food eateries near the site, we leave the lunch on your own, our guide is ready to assist. You may have some fast food like Subway, Burger King or simple Chinese meal for lunch, or if you want, you may buy some take-away food and have a picnic on the wall. Usually, it costs about US$7 per person for the lunch.
13:30 Visit Mutianyu Great Wall
Now we will visit the Mutianyu Great Wall. Winding up and down along the tops of steep continuous mountains, it is well preserved and fully radiates the grandeur of the Great Wall. Also, the high vegetation coverage makes the surrounding landscape enchanting at all seasons. You will enjoy 2.5 hours on the wall.
Marvel at the grandeur of the Great Wall
Three ways going up and down the Mutianyu Great Wall
- On Foot: Hiking and climbing the wall on foot is not difficult for most visitors. The mountain road reaching to the watchtowers has approximately 500 steps which takes about half an hour to finish. There are two entrances for hiking leading to No. 6, No. 8 and No. 10 watchtowers on the wall.
- Cable Car: Going up and down the wall by cable car is a much easier way. A round-trip ticket is more cost-effective. A chair lift up and a luge sliding down is also a good choice. Price reference: CNY120/US$17 for a round trip, CNY100/US$14 for a single way. You have flexibilities to choose when you arrive at the wall and our guide will help you purchase the tickets if you need.
- Go Up by Foot & Down by Cable Car or Luge: You can take a cable car at No. 14 Watchtower or a luge at No. 6 Watchtower.
16:00 Drive Back & Photo Stop at Olympic Bird's Nest
After the Mutianyu Great Wall small group tour, we will drive back to downtown city. En route, we will stop at the Olympic Bird's Nest so that you could have a look at it close by and take nice pictures with this well-known landmark.
17:50 Nanluoguxiang or Hotel Drop-off
In the end, we will drop you off at the popular Nanluoguxiang area in case you want to experience the night life of Beijing. Featured stores, cafes, snack shops and bars are all available there. Enjoy your time and get back to the hotel by yourself afterwards. Our guide will show you the way of going back to the hotel. For those who are not interested in exploring the area, we will drive you back to the hotel.
Take your time to explore Nanluoguxiang area
Day 02: Visit Temple of Heaven, Hutong Alleys, Lama Temple, Summer Palace
8:00 Hotel Pick-up
In the morning, our guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel and continue your Beijing group tour.
9:00 Visit Temple of Heaven
We will firstly visit the Temple of Heaven. It is the largest royal ceremonial building groups in China. Emperors in the past used to hold the annual sacrificial activities here to worship the heaven and pray for a good harvest. Now it has developed into a large park where you can also see local people doing exercises and more recreational activities.
Admire the splendid architectures at the Temple of Heaven
11:00 Hutong Rickshaw Tour & Free Time for Lunch
Next we will continue our visit to Beijing Hutong. There we will take a rickshaw to go through the old alleys and pay a visit to a Hutong family to see how the old Beijingers live. There are many popular restaurants, cafes and local food stores in the area, so we still leave the lunch today on your own choice. It should be a good chance to taste the local food if you want to have a try. Our guide will offer you suggestions. After lunch, you could stroll around Houhai Lake and explore more of the Hutong area.
Experience a rickshaw tour through Hutongs and feel the real old Beijing
13:30 Visit Lama Temple
After the Hutong visit, we will drive you to the Lama Temple, which is regarded as the largest Buddhist temple in Beijing. It combines the various architectural styles of different groups, including Han, Manchu, Mongol and Tibet. Opened to tourists from 1981, there are hundreds of thousands of people coming here for praying and visiting every year.
15:00 Visit Summer Palace
An about 30-minute drive will take you to the Summer Palace, which is reputed as the museum of ancient royal gardens. Our expert guide will show you around. The whole garden mainly consists of the Longevity Hill and the Kunming Lake. The Long Corridor, seven hundred twenty-eight meters (796.2 yards) in length, boasts as the longest corridor in Chinese gardens. Beginning from the Yaoyue (Inviting-Moon) Gate and ending up with Shizhang Pavilion, the corridor ingeniously links Longevity Hill with Kunming Lake. You might appreciate the exquisite murals and enjoy the melodious music while walking along there.
The scenic beauty of Summer Palace makes your visit enjoyable
17:30 Hotel Drop-off
Here comes to the end of your 2 days Beijing group tour package, our guide and driver will escort you back to the hotel. We believe you will have an enjoyable trip with us!
- Pick-up & drop-off from the hotel
- Entrance fees as indicated above
- Professional English speaking guide
- Experienced driver & air conditioned vehicle
- Unlimited bottles of drinking water for free
- Cable car: you may decide when you are there
- Meals, advice freely available
- Tips or gratuities for guide and driver
WeChat QR Code
For last minute booking within 24 hours, please feel free to contact us to check the availability or ask questions.+86-18629541315 firstname.lastname@example.org WeChat: 18909182319
- Infant Price: This tour is free of charge for an infant under 3 years old.
- Confirmation: Upon receiving your booking request, confirmation will be sent within 12 hours.
- Payment: Full payment is required at least two days prior to the day trip. We accept payment by PayPal, Credit Card, Alipay, Wechat and Bank Transfer.
- Cancellation: Your payment is fully refundable if you cancel more than 24 hours prior to the trip. Cancellation within 24 hours or any unused portion after the day trip begins is non-refundable.
- Pick-up Service: Beijing is a very large city. To ensure the morning pick-up going smoothly as scheduled, we suggest you choose downtown hotels within the third ring road of the city. If your hotel is outside the area, there might be an extra cost for the transfer, or you may get to the appointed place to meet the group on your own. If you are not sure about the pick-up issues, your one-on-one travel consultant is ready to serve anytime.
- Departures are guaranteed with two persons.
- Guests under the age of 80 can participate in this mini group tour.
Itineraries you may also like: