- Best China Tours
- China City Packages
- Yangtze Cruise
- Great Wall Tours
- Silk Road Adventure
- Yunnan & Guizhou
- Asia Tours
- DIY Quote
- Budget Travel
- Get a quote
- Free changes
New York Times
The New York Times Travel Supplement has named our company as being in their opinion a large and reliable Chinese travel agency. Details...
Best Tibet Private Tour Packages
- 4 Days Lhasa City Package from $549
- 5 Days Lhasa - Yamdrok Yumtso Lake from $719
- 5 Days Tsetang - Lhasa from $809
- 7 Days Best Tibet Tour of Lhasa - Gyangtse - Shigatse - Lhasa from $1059
- 8 Days Tibet Package of Lhasa - Gyangtse - Shigatse - Dingri - Everest Base - Lhasa from $1509
- 10 Days Lhasa - Gyangtse - Shigatse - Dingri - Everest Base - Namtso Lake - Lhasa from $1899
Tibet Small Group Tours (Max. 12)
China & Tibet Private Tours
- 12 Days Beijing - Lhasa - Xian - Shanghai from $2639
- 15 Days Shanghai - Xian - Lhasa - Gyangtse - Shigatse - Everest Base - Lhasa - Beijing from $3619
- 10 Days Beijing - Lhasa - Xian from $1899
- 15 Days Hong Kong - Guangzhou - Kunming - Lijiang - Shangri-La - Tsetang - Lhasa from $2949
- 13 Days Lhasa - Tsetang - Gyangtse - Shigatse - Dingri - Everest Base Camp - Zhangmu - Kathmandu
- 12 Days Xining - Qinghai Lake - Golmud - Tuotuo River - Nakchu - Lhasa - Gyangtse - Shigatse - Lhasa
- 14 Days Lhasa - Kathmandu - Varanasi - Khajuraho - Agra - Jaipur - Delhi
- 14 Days Tibet Tours from Kathmandu - Zhangmu - Dingri - Everest Base - Shigatse - Gyangtse - Tsetang - Lhasa - Xian - Shanghai
- 20 Days Lhasa - Shigatse - Lhatse - Saga - Paryang - Manasarovar Lake - Tarchen - Mt. Kailash - Tsada - Seng Ge Tsangpo - Gertse - Tsochen - Lhatse - Shigatse - Lhasa
China Group Tours with Tibet
FAQs on Tibet Travel
Do I really need a travel permit if I want to visit Tibet? How can I get one?
For clients who book tours with us, we will handle the travel permit for you. You only need to provide us with the necessary information including your full name, nationality, age, gender, occupation, passport number as well as photocopies of your passport and visa at least 20 days in advance. After the application is checked and approved, the Tourism Bureau will issue the travel permit about two weeks prior to your entry to the region. Then we will deliver the travel permit to your destination before Lhasa so that you can board the flight or train to Lhasa successfully.
From start to finish, we will help you get everything ready for a memorable and best Tibet tour.
When is the best time to visit Tibet?
Is altitude sickness a big problem? How can I avoid it?
- Get a thorough physical examination and seek advice from your doctor if you plan to visit Tibet. If you suffer from anemia, hypertension, or heart problems perhaps you should not visit the area.
- Be careful not to catch a cold and also ensure you are in good health before heading there. Bring medicines for colds, diarrhea and fever with you. Some nasal ointment and throat-moistening lozenges will be of great help for those who are sensitive to chilly or freezing weather conditions.
- On the first day of your arrival, avoid vigorous activities such as walking fast, running and swimming. Bathing and smoking are also not recommended.
- Drink enough water and eat lightly. Snacks with high caloric content, like chocolate, will come in handy.
- Please notify your private guide immediately to get instant help if you feel any discomfort.
What is the appropriate behavior when visiting religious sites in Tibet?
- Visitors need to walk clockwise around the religious sites and facilities, like temples, monasteries, pagodas, Mani stones and prayer wheels.
- Visitors are not allowed to touch Buddhist statues and sutras. Also taking pictures and smoking inside temples or monasteries is prohibited.
- Avoid wearing shorts at the religious site.
- Do not touch anyone on the head.
- Do not step on the threshold of any house, temple or monastery.
Is it convenient to use credit card and ATM cards when traveling in the region?
ATMs are also not widely available in the region, so you may wish to withdraw money or exchange money at the Bank of China if you run out of Chinese currency. Remember to bring your passport, which must be presented when exchanging currency.
I found all Tibet tour packages 2018/2019 cost more than those of other major tourist cities in China. May I know why?
Can I do independent travel in Tibet?
Can I travel to Tibet from Kathmandu?
- You need to apply for a China Visa at the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu. After you book the trip with us, we will apply for the travel permit as well as a China Visa Invitation Letter from the Tourist Administration for you one month ahead of the trip. These two documents are required during your visa application.
- Copies of your China Visa Invitation Letter and the travel permit will be sent to our partner agency in Kathmandu before your arrival. The original travel permit will be kept by your guide in Tibet.
- Our partner agency there will assist you in applying for your China Visa at the local Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu. The Visa Section at the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu is only open 3 days a week - Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 09:00 AM to 12:00 AM. Therefore, you are advised to arrive 3 days before your departure to Tibet in order to have enough time to apply for your visa.
- You need to bring your passport, visa and the copy of your travel permit with you when going to Lhasa from Kathmandu. Your local guide in Tibet will forward your original travel permit to Immigration Control, and it will then be handed to you after your passport, visa and copy of travel permit are verified during the Customs procedure.
Hello, Wendy! This is John, Ron's brother, with my feedback. We had a wonderful trip of China! All four guides were outstanding. Each guide was 100% professional, friendly, warm and extremely ... Read MoreMr. Ronald Sprout (a group of 4 members) from United States
Dear Miss Wang, I have to say that overall we are very satisfied with the services that your agency provided us. We think that in general the trip was well organized and the hotels were of good ... Read MoreMr. Jaime Soto (a group of 4 members) from Chile
Dear Kina Lu,We surely enjoyed our trip very much, and we realize that Travel China Guide was of great assistance in every step.First, we would like to congratulate you for your dedication in ... Read MoreMs. Priscila Collier & Mr. Tiago dos Santos from Brazil
Hello, It is with the greatest pleasure that we (my husband, sister-in-law, and myself ages 73-75) recommend TCG for all trip arrangements in China. Typically we travel on our own and do ... Read MoreMs. Valda Zobens & Mr. Vitauts Kalnins ... from Canada
Dear Lydia and Selina, Our trip was perfect. Our guides were helpful, friendly and gracious. No complains just happiness! I already recommended you to a friend of mine who should be getting ... Read MoreMr. Juan Villares & Mr. Oswaldo Caceres... from Mexico