- 1 Day Tours
- 2 Days Packages
- 3 Days Sightseeing
- 4 Days Best Beijing
- 5 Days with Hutong
- 1 Week Beijing Xian
- 1 Week Beijing Shanghai
- 1 Day Tours to Xian Terracotta Warriors
- Best China Tours
- China City Packages
- Hong Kong
- More Cities
- Yangtze Cruise
- Tibet Discovery
- Great Wall Tours
- Silk Road Adventure
- Yunnan & Guizhou
- Asia Tours
- DIY Quote
- Independent Travelers
How to Book?
- Get a quote
- Free changes
We are never beaten on price and quality! Should another operator offer an identical itinerary at lower cost please contact our Sales Director and we will match it.
Fulfill your dreams of visiting China right now and benefit from a small group of 2 to 18 persons.
Private Beijing Tours
FAQs on Beijing Tours
The Best of Beijing Private Tours
BJ04: Four Days Beijing Highlights
- 4 Days Private Beijing Tours from $169
- This Beijing tour package will take you to see the magnificent Great Wall; sacred Tiananmmen Square; majestic Forbidden City as well as the verdant gardens of the Summer Palace.
BJ05: Five Days Beijing
- 5 Days Beijing with Hutongs from $209
- This private tour package will lead you to one of the six Chinese ancient capital cities that still keeps a rich history and a colorful culture. Take a special rickshaw ride through an old Hutong neighborhood to experience the different life styles of venerable local residents.
BJ06: Six Days Panoramic Beijing
- 6 Days Beijing Vacations from $259
- Abounding with numerous cultural and historical sites, Beijing is like an epitome of China's development. This 6 days private tour is composed of the essences of this city, like the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Hutongs, Temple of Heaven and many others.
1-Day Beijing to Terracotta Warriors
- 1 Day to Terracotta Warriors from $49
- A day trip to Xian from Beijing by overnight trains/flights enables you to view the most important highlights of this ancient capital. We have both bus tour and private tailor-made day trip for your choice.
BJ07: Great Wall Tours
- Great Wall Expeditions from $49
- Winding its way over the rolling mountain ridges, the awe-inspiring Great Wall never fails to one's expectation. Following these private vacation packages to hike Great Wall, you can tick an exciting experience off your bucket list.
BJ08: Six Days Beijing Xian Express
BJ09: Six Days Beijing Shanghai
BJ10: Beijing Tours from Tianjin Port
- 2 Days Beijing Trip from Tianjin from $239
- Many clients who take the overseas cruises like Sapphire Princess, Costa Cruises and others will visit Beijing as a stopover. Our two days package comprises the most worth visiting sites and the private roundtrip transfers between Tianjin port and Beijing.
BJ11: Guilin Holidays
- 4 Days Guilin Tours from Beijing from $439
- This private tour package will take you to the most beautiful city in China, Guilin. Cruising along the Li River from Guilin to Yangshuo is like sailing through a picturesque landscape painting. The town of Yangshuo is also a scenic delight setting among awesome limestone pinnacles.
BJ12: Journey to Tibet
- 4 Days Tibet Tours from Beijing from $849
- Fly from Beijing to Tibet's capital Lhasa, you will see the Potala Palace, mysterious temples, the pious pilgrims and the simple-living Tibetan people adds up to a vivid and exotic cultural experience for your vacation to China.
BJ13: Extension to Datong
- 3 Days Datong from Beijing from $189
- Datong is about 380 km west of our capital city. Visitors can take a soft sleeper train to Datong to view the expansive Yungang Grottoes and the Hanging Monasteryle which appears to be clinging to the side of the cliff.
BJ14: Chengde Mountain Resort
- 6 Days Beijing and Chengde from $389
- Take train to the famous summer retreat Chengde Mountain Resort. With unusually mild weather in the summer compared to many other torrid locations, Chengde is an ideal and ethereal escape from the noisy and busy cities.
BJ15: Pingyao Discovery
- 3 Days Pingyao from Beijing from $259
- Take a high speed train to the 2,700 year-old city of Pingyao and discover the best-preserved old houses of the Ming and Qing dynasties. In the 18th century, Pingyao was a major financial center akin to Wall Street in the United States.
BJ16: Beijing & Zhangjiajie
- 7 Days Beijing & Zhangjiajie from $739
- This itinerary will take you to visit our capital city first and then extend to visit Zhangjiajie, endowed with unparalleled landscape that integrates odd peaks, verdant forests, flying falls and smooth lakes and also many famous historic sites.
BJ17: Ancient Capital Luoyang
- 3 Days Luoyang Vacation from $229
- In this itinerary, we would like to introduce a mysterious ancient capital, Luoyang, which is famous not only for its profound history and culture, but also for its two well-known sites, Longmen Caves and Shaolin Temple, the birthplace of the famous Chinese Kung Fu.
BJ18: Visual Enjoyment in Huangshan
- 4 Days Huangshan Adventure from $359
- After visiting our capital city, we will take you to Huangshan, celebrated as the No. 1 Mountain under heaven for its four wonders of natural scenery, and the ancient villages in the surrounding counties.
BJ19: 2008 & 2022 Beijing Olympic
BJ20: Journey to Ulaanbaatar
- 10 Days Beijing & Ulaanbaatar from $1309
- Enjoy rich cultural heritage and relics that Beijing and Ulaanbaatar have to offer. Also, discover the natural beauty of the diverse landscapes and the nomadic lifestyle of charming Mongolia. The train journey from Beijing to Ulaanbaatar brings you a unique experience.
BJ21: Kunming & Lijiang
- 4 Days to Kunming and Lijiang from $849
- After Beijing, further exploration on the unique local culture and primitive simplicity folklore of minority nationalities in Kunming and Lijiang, both of which are located in southwest of China, will make your journey even complete.
BJ22: Jinan, Qufu & Mt. Tai
- 4 Days Visit in Jinan, Qufu & Mt. Tai from $419
- This is a trip with the most famous birthplaces of Chinese civilization. Jinan, noted for its large numbers of springs; Qufu, the hometown of Confucius; the towering Mt.Tai embodying spectacular natural scenery and cultural heritage.
- Are you the sort of person who enjoys the flexibility, challenge and fun of travelling independently? Our China independent routes cover the major tourist cities with detailed instructions of how to get around by public transport or taxi. There is sure an itinerary that fits your schedule to discover the real China!
The above routes do not meet your requirements? Please click Tailor My Trip
International Flights to China
How long should I stay in Beijing for a basic tour?In addition to the arrival day and departure day, two or three full days are necessary for first-time travelers to visit the highlight attractions and gain insight into this city. Here is the most popular way of exploring the city. Have one full day to visit the Great Wall and Sacred Way. Another full day is needed to visit the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and the Temple of Heaven. If you have ample time, you can schedule one more day to visit the Summer Palace, old Hutong alleys, Lama Temple and the lovely giant pandas in Beijing Zoo.
I have heard the Great Wall has several sections, which one do you recommend?The Badaling section is the most famous and should be first choice for China Great Wall travel. It was the first section opened to the public and the wall here is more grand and amazing, especially for taking photos. However, if your tour is during peak seasons or Chinese holidays, you may consider visiting the less-crowded but equally majestic Mutianyu section.
Are sightseeing spots in Beijing physically demanding? Will there be too much walking involved?Yes. Most of sightseeing spots in Beijing such as the Forbidden City and the Summer Palace are very large, and demand a fair amount of walking. However, you can ask your guide to slow down the travel pace. Although there are many stairs on the Great Wall, you can take the cable car should you prefer. A pair of comfortable shoes is always highly recommended when touring.
When is the best time to visit the Great Wall?The amazing scenery of the Great Wall changes throughout the seasons. From March to early April, the wall is dotted with apricot flowers and peach blossom along the mountain range. You can view the luxurious green plants surrounding the wall when climbing it between May and September. Then from mid October to early November, it is beautifully decorated by red leaves. Although the weather is cold and challenging from late November to February, visitors get to see the snow-covered Great Wall set in a tranquil landscape.
In comparison, it is more enjoyable to visit the Great Wall in April, May, September and October when the weather is neither too hot nor too cold.
Is it possible to visit two parts of the Great Wall within one day?Yes, we can arrange for clients to visit two different sections of the Great Wall within one day. Both Badaling and Mutianyu are very popular, so these two are the most exhilarating combination for a full day Great Wall excursion. Alternatively, visitors may choose to visit Juyuongguan Great Wall together with Badaling instead of Mutianyu.
How and where do I apply for a 72 hours visa-free transit permit in Beijing?First of all, you need to make sure that you are qualified to take advantage of the 72 hours visa-free transit policy. You can click here to read the relevant details.
With all the necessary documents, you can apply for the 72-hour visa-free transit permit on arriving at Beijing Capital International Airport. There is a special counter/lane for the 72-hour free transit at the immigration, so passengers can go there directly by following the signs.
Do we need to wait in line to buy the admission tickets at tourist attractions?No. Your guide will handle all the admission tickets for you. She/ He will buy tickets in the group ticket window very quickly. Some of the very popular sightseeing spots have online ticketing system, and we will reserve the tickets for you in advance.
If I want to visit somewhere else for one or two days from Beijing, what's your recommendation?Many travelers have the Terracotta Warriors on their bucket lists, so one or two days trip to Xian is recommended. It is very easy to make it as flights and high-speed trains between the two cities operate frequently every day. Besides, you may also consider visiting Luoyang Longmen Grottoes and Shaolin Temple by high-speed train from Beijing.
We are a family of two adults and two children under 10 years old. Can we be accommodated in one hotel room?Yes. Two adults and two little children can be accommodated in one room, but it is not recommended for a comfortable stay. Most of hotels have a king size bed with 1.8 meters wide in a double room and two single beds each with 1.2 meters wide in a twin room. One of your children could take an additional 0.9 meter wide bed. The other one needs to share a bed with parent. The bed size may vary a little in different hotels.
Do you have suggestions as what is good to do in the evenings in Beijing?Beijing offers colorful nightlife choices for you. Most travelers like to see traditional Chinese performances, e.g. Peking Opera, Kung Fu or Acrobatic Show. Some may savor the pubs or clubs in the Sanlitun Bar Street and its nearby embassy area. Some enjoy the nightly snack markets on Dongdan Street, Xidan Street or in the Longfusi Temple area. Taking a leisurely stroll along the Chang'an Street to observe the night scene can also be a good option.