- Best China Tours
- China City Packages
- Hong Kong
- More Cities
- Yangtze Cruise
- Tibet Discovery
- Yunnan Exploration
- Silk Road Adventure
- Asia Tours
Great Wall of China Tours
What a fantastic experience to hike the Great Wall of China! Whether you take our guided tours with the Great Wall visit or do it by yourself, you will be obsessed with its magnificent views and grandeur.
Best Great Wall of China Tours
- 8 Days Beijing - Xi'an - Shanghai from $1329
- 10 Days Beijing - Xi'an - Guilin - Shanghai from $1809
- 10 Days Beijing - Xi'an - Chengdu - Shanghai from $1809
- 11 Days Beijing - Xian - Yangtze Cruise - Shanghai from $1939
- Mini Group Day Tour to Forbidden City & Great Wall $89
- 4 Days Best Beijing Tour from $489
Great Wall Hiking Tours
- One Day & Half Day Great Wall Tours, 5 Itineraries from $76
- 2 Days Beijing Tour with Great Wall from $185
- 3 Days Beijing Tour Great Wall from $265
- Beijing Great Wall Helicopter Day Tours from $312
- One Day Great Wall Repair Volunteer Program from $173
- Private Guided Hiking on Mutianyu Great Wall from $87
- One Day Jinshanling Great Wall Hiking Tour from $105
- One Day Simatai Hiking and Gubei Water Town from $124
- 4 Days Beijing with One-night at Wtown under the Great Wall from $639
- Badaling Great Wall Hiking from $87
- Juyongguan Great Wall Hiking from $87
- Huanghuacheng Great Wall Hiking from $88
Independent Great Wall Hiking Tours
- Trekking from Jiankou to Mutianyu
- One Day Gubeikou Hiking
- Beijing Knot Great Wall Hiking
- Jiankou Hiking: Nine-Eyed Tower to Beijing Knot
- Huangyaguan Hiking
- One Day Shanhaiguan Hiking from Laolongtou
- One Day Great Wall Hiking from Jinshanling to Simatai
- Jiangjunguan Hiking
- Qiangzilu Great Wall
- Hiking on Hefangkou Section
- Sizuolou Adventure
- Baimaguan Great Wall
- Yanhecheng & Longmenkou Valley
- 1-Day Tour to Qingshanguan
- Dushikou Hiking
- Hiking from Banchangyu to Dongjiakou
- Niangziguan - Guguan - Jingxingguan Hiking
- Trekking from Taolinkou to Liujiakou
- Exploration of Chajianling
- Yangbian Hiking
- One-Day in Xuanhua Ancient City
- 2-Day Hiking from Lengkou to Baiyangyu
- Jiaoshan to Sandaoguan Hiking
FAQs on Great Wall of China Tours
Why should I go to Beijing in order to see the Great Wall?
Certainly you should. Though the Great Wall criss-crosses many places in north China, the principal sections are in Beijing area. International and domestic flights and high speed trains make Beijing easy to reach, so the Great Wall of China tours from Beijing should be your first choice.
Which section should I choose for my Great Wall of China tours?
Badaling and Mutianyu in Beijing are best choices. Both portray full features. Badaling is the travelers' favorite while Mutianyu is a wise man's choice if visiting on holidays.
When is the best time to visit the Great Wall?
You can go year round, but from March to October is preferable. Avoid travelling on China public holidays like the May Day Holiday and the golden week from Oct. 1 to 7.
How much does it cost for a day trip to the Great Wall for two people?
If you use a travel agency's services for the private Great Wall of China tours, the cost ranges from US$130 to US$230 per person for two people. It also varies with the Great Wall sections. If you arrange the trip by yourself and hire a taxi, the cost exceeds US$250. Be careful not to buy tours at rock-bottom bargain price to avoid traps.
Will the guide accompany us up the wall? And how long does it take for an average walk on the wall?
There will be time allowance for you to explore along the wall, however, often the guide won't accompany you all the way for normal sightseeing. Our groups usually linger for 2 hours on the wall, which is time enough for a leisurely walk and climb. If you are taking one of the private Great Wall hiking tours, our guide will escort you and the visiting time is also a bit longer.
How steep is the wall? Is it safe?
Popular sections like Badaling and Mutianyu are not extremely steep, and certainly safe to travel on. Watch your steps and do not walk on the edge. Remember to avoid taking photos while you climb. You'd be the wiser to avoid sections less well maintained or some uncharted areas.
Is the Great Wall tour physically strenuous? Can the old, kids, and the handicapped still manage?
The Beijing Great Wall tours are not very demanding for the general public. For the seniors, children, and the handicapped, we recommend Badaling or Mutianyu, because cable cars, pulley cars or luges are available for visitors, and there are also barrier-free facilities and passages at Badaling.
Which section is the most suitable for hiking?
Jinshanling is the first choice owing to its stunning scenery and well-preserved military defensive constructions. A hike takes about four hours. Simatai is also a top pick and tourists can visit it and the nearby Gubei Water Town.
What should I wear? Do I need special equipment?
Please wear pants and anti-skid sneakers. Keep your backpack travel-light. Use sunscreen to protect your skin. It's also advised to bring an alpine-stock and wear sunglasses when you take the Great Wall tours from Beijing.
Are there restaurants nearby?
There are some fast food restaurants so you can conveniently have lunch with the advice from our guide. If you do not like fast food, you can pack your own snacks.